Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Project Mercedes CLS63 Begins with a SEMA Bang

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Project Mercedes CLS63 Begins with a SEMA Bang

Vivid Racing has just picked up a brand new 2012 Mercedes CLS63 as their newest project vehicle. With a V8 Bi-Turbo engine, the incredible power that this luxury sedan puts down is quite amazing. The comforts of driving the vehicle with new Mercedes technology make it even more fascinating. Vivid Racing is working on a complete make over to this vehicle as it will debut at this years 2011 SEMA show in Las Vegas. The car will be featured inside the Vossen Wheels booth in the ever popular wheel hall. This car will feature custom aero components, KW coilovers with HLS, Renntech, Agency Power, and of course, Vossen Wheels. Gonna keep this really on the DL till right before SEMA where we will release video and images of our complete upgrade. So stay tuned to our official Project CLS63 section here and our CLS63 Gallery here.

Old 10-17-2011, 05:19 PM
335_II is infamous around these parts
Beautiful Car. This was on ebay correct?

Looking forward to see what you guys do with it.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
As I write this, SEMA is probably just over an hour in of a gazillion people walking through the halls at the Las Vegas Convention center. So for the rest of us that are still living in reality at our desks, we thought we would put together a little video and some images of how this project car came to be. About 4 weeks ago Vivid Racing bought this brand new CLS63 V8 BiTurbo. Cooperating with Vossen Wheels, we wanted to put together an elegant, yet defined vehicle for their booth. With not much on the market, we put our in-house R&D department to work. Incooperation with Brembo, KW, Agency Power, and RENNTech, we were able to assemble the first official VR700 kit.

The carbon fiber work was done through our own clay modeling process to sculp and design our finished products. Up front is a 3 piece front lip spoiler. The side fenders now feature a carbon fiber trim with badge placement. The trunk has a beautiful rear decklid spoiler that fits around the Mercedes emblem. And the final amazing piece, our rear diffuser. Under the hood is a RENNTech ECU flash which takes the car to 670 crank HP. In addition to our Agency Power valvetronic exhaust system, a simple 700 HP is achieved. To take the exhaust 1 step further, we designed CNC machined billet aluminum exhaust tips and had them powdercoated black for a stunning exit. Keeping the car low to the ground is a set of the KW Coilovers with rear lowering links. The final in-your-face add on are these giant Brembo brakes. The front 16inch 6piston rotor is massive with the same in the rear using a 4piston caliper. We custom painted them here at Vivid Racing. As soon as we receive wheel pictures, we will post them up. So enjoy this video and gallery images!

All these parts can be had on our Mercedes CLS63 parts store here.

http://youtu.be/IkmUJyB3MIE

Old 10-31-2011, 01:41 PM
bluers is infamous around these parts
Absolutely stunning...

Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
Here are some sneaks from the Vossen booth setup

Old 10-31-2011, 02:37 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
I love it. I am not a benz fan but I do love he CLS. What color white is that? Its stunning. Dies the car does not have the AMG Performance package correct because it doesnt have the cf exterior pieces from the factory. Being you modified the ECU,exhuast and exterior you didnt really need that options anyways. Great job all aorund as usual.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:56 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
For some reason I can't read the numbers...what was the peak stock WHP and WTQ SAE?

Thanks,
Peter

Old 11-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Former Vendor
The dyno graph on our gallery is the baseline only right now.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:37 AM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
My god that things gorgeous and 700hp? From a 4 door car? Insane!!! :O

Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 AM
Former Vendor
Whats crazy is the Renntech ECU flash takes it to 670bhp and over 730ft/lbs.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:43 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
I'd hit that...

Old 11-03-2011, 04:30 PM
Former Vendor
Found more!

Last edited by vividracing; 11-03-2011 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
That's exactly my point...I can't read the baseline peak numbers

Old 11-07-2011, 04:19 AM
e46m3smg is infamous around these partse46m3smg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
Whats crazy is the Renntech ECU flash takes it to 670bhp and over 730ft/lbs.
Wait are you saying the Renntech flash ON ITS OWN increases HP to 670?!!?! If so then I've just gone to the toilet in my chair :O

Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by e46m3smg
Wait are you saying the Renntech flash ON ITS OWN increases HP to 670?!!?! If so then I've just gone to the toilet in my chair :O
Yes read here - http://news.renntechmercedes.com/201...s-63-ecu-tune/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project Mercedes CLS63 Begins with a SEMA Bang