Spring 2013 GYLO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Spring 2013 GYLO

You are invited to our Spring 2013 GYLO, to be held Sunday, April 14th, 8:00AM at the Starbucks in East Market at Fair Lakes, VA.
Please RSVP, so I will know approximately how many cars to expect.

If you own a car that Lotus Engineering worked on (partial list at bottom), you are welcome to participate in our gathering... Of course, the normal weekly Cars & Coffee will also be going on at Fair Lakes, too.. Plenty to see.

What is GYLO? GYLO is Get Your Lotus Out, an excuse for gathering the marque, and communing with other Lotusphiles. We hold them a couple of times per year, in conjunction with Cars & Coffee gatherings, so other interesting vehicles are around, but we cordon off space that's just for Lotus.

Where is East Market at Fair Lakes, VA? It's about a 5 minute drive from the intersection of 66 & 50 in Fairfax, VA. We hold the Cars & Coffee events in front of the Starbucks in the East Market at Fair Lakes shopping center - there's also a Kohl's and a Dick's Sporting Goods in the complex. You can MapQuest this parking lot, using the address for Kohl's -

12551 Fair Lakes Circle
Fairfax, VA 22033

We have had good response to our previous four GYLOs, two each in 2011 & 2012. We plan to arrive at the Starbuck's parking lot at 8:00AM, but the advantage of this large parking lot is that it won't be the end of the world if you can't get here until 8:30AM, or even 9:00AM.

If you don't currently have a Lotus, or if your Lotus isn't currently running - no problem! This event is for Lotus lovers. You may just run into an old Lotus friend or two.

I'm giving ample notice for this event, so I hope we can have a great turnout. The last four GYLOs have each averaged over 20 Lotus in attendance, and I'm hoping for even more this time!

Please note that you are all welcome to attend the Fair Lakes Cars & Coffee any Sunday. It typically runs from about 8:00AM until 10:30 or after.
Send questions regarding this event to me; I'll try to answer whatever I can. Please invite any Lotus people you know. As we did last Fall, we will welcome other 'Lotus-related' vehicles, including:

Jensen Healey
Corvette (C4 LT5) ZR1
Tesla Roadster
Aston Martin DB9 & V8 Vantage
2010+ Jaguar XKR
2010+ Jaguar XJ
Jaguar XKR-S
Original Toyota Mr2 (1984-89)
Toyota Supra (Mk II & Mk III)
Nissan GTR
Isuzu Impulse
Delorean DMC-12
(Note: I consider Caterhams to be Lotus 7s. Having set that precedent, feel free to bring your Kia M100 Elan!)

--Bob Collum
robert(underscore)collum(at)hotmail(dot)com

Attached Images    

Last edited by rcollum; 03-15-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM
JayJ is infamous around these parts
Count me in Bob!

Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
If you can convince the Mickster (Exlondoner) to show up with his modded monster, I would definitely make a trip out to see that rare beast.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:31 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
If you can convince the Mickster (Exlondoner) to show up with his modded monster, I would definitely make a trip out to see that rare beast.
I'm hoping to hear from Mick, and also (in the Lotus Related Vehicles category) - Sunir, with his DB9!

--Bob Collum

Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of

Scott I promise to be there! Dropping the car off tomorrow morning in MD and hope to have it back in two weeks.

Bob, looking forward to this event!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:31 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I missed the last GYLO but I def want to come to one and see the crowd of Loti... Bob I suck at waking up early and am not reliable for CnC but I will try.

Mikster what are you getting done to your Lotus now mate?

Old 03-08-2013, 12:37 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
More power!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:39 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
More powa! You already have all the juice you can squeeze outta that motor with the SC and all, what next? I think you might have the fasted Lotus at GYLO, no?

Old 03-08-2013, 12:47 PM
TVS blower this time with some internal work. Make sure you come out, been way toooo long, at least for me

Bob mark me down.

Old 03-08-2013, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
TVS blower this time with some internal work. Make sure you come out, been way toooo long, at least for me

Bob mark me down.

Got it, Mick - thanks!

Sunir - set your alarm clock... now.

--Bob Collum

Old 03-09-2013, 09:44 AM
GT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond repute
I plan to come with a Lotus neighbor.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:16 PM
BOBP is infamous around these parts
Ben, have you fished with Paul Spencer?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:25 AM
Lotus/Lotus Related Attendance Update

Here's what we have for confirmed Lotus attendees, so far:

16 Yes.
3 Maybe.

I also am trying to drum up more 'Lotus Related' vehicles, and have tentatively gotten at least 4.

I expect to have a very good turnout, as long as weather cooperates. Variety of Lotus models looks to be good, too... (Not that there's anything wrong with seeing a bunch of Elises...)

We have a few surprises in store.

--Bob Collum

Old 03-28-2013, 12:03 PM
^^^ Bob unfortunately I will not be getting my Aston back from Simeone Museum at the Best of Britain exhibit in time for GYLO this year. This year the Simeone Museum and foundation celebrated 100 years of Aston Martin the Marque's Centennial anniversary, and I was honored to have my DB chosen as one of 15 Astons to display as part of the exhibit. We are getting a group to head up the weekend of the April 6th and 7th if you or anyone you know would like to go, I have threads on AM forum and mid Atlantic called ' Simeone Museum Best of Britain ....' please post on there, hope some of ya'll can make it!

Old 03-29-2013, 06:59 AM
GT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BOBP
Ben, have you fished with Paul Spencer?
Sorry for the late reply. I have fished with Paul many times. Lots of tournaments too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spring 2013 GYLO