Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Keithta 600 HP Flashed Porsche Panamera Turbo - 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 0-60 0-150 [VIDEO]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Keithta 600 HP Flashed Porsche Panamera Turbo - 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 0-60 0-150 [VIDEO]

Just got my 2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo Flashed.

I logged data from the Drag Strip (1/4 mile), 60-130 mph, 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph and 0-150 mph using my Driftbox all using 93 octane pump gas.

I searched online and couldnt find any in depth performance stats on Flashed Panamera Turbos. With that said, I believe this data will be
quite useful for everyone.

*** This upgrade on my car is NOT a Piggy Back system. This is true ECU Flash applied directly to the DME! ***

Here are the major areas adjusted on the ECU:

Fuel Adjusted
Ignition Timing
Boost Bumped to 1.1-1.2 Bar
Cam Timing
Top Speed Limiter Removed (Car clocked by GPS at 331 kmh (205mph)
Injection Time
Duty Cycle of the Wastegates
Dyno'd a little over 600 hp
Over 100 Maps Adjusted

Here are the results:

0-60 mph: 3.38 !! WTF??? LOL.
0-100 mph: 7.48
0-150 mph: 16.83
60-130 mph: 8.28 (Stock 11.3s and in 45 Degree F weather ran into the mid/low 10 sec range)
100-200 kmh: 7.04
1/4 Mile: 11.3 @ 124

Here are the DriftBox Graphs:

60-130 mph:

As for the 60-130s, take a look at the 60-130 postings here
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...mile-list.html
...and you will find that the 8.28 actually is faster than the stock 2011 997.2 Turbo PDKs that posted!

0-60, 0-100, 0-150 mph etc:

Here is a video compilation of my run at the Drag Strip (1/4 Mile) along with some drive bys and other video shots:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0cUsQryyzM

The Panamera is an awesome machine straight out of the box. Now with the extra bump in power - the experience is that much more exhilarating!

Last edited by keithta; 03-19-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:52 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
Impressive! Who did the ecu mod? Any other changes done to exhaust or intake?

Old 03-18-2011, 09:07 AM
zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !zzzspeed Is a GOD !
^^^^He said that was his only mod.

To the OP, you mentioned that it was not a piggyback system but the tune was directly to the ecu. That is the first I heard of this being better, I have the Evoms tune on my 2011 CTT. It is a piggyback system, so is it inferior to other systems? Before I got the tune I called around a lot of people that did not sell ecu tunes to get their (less biased) opinion and they all thought that evoms was much more aggressive then softtronic or GIAC.

Can you elaborate on why you chose your setup and why it is superior to others?
Thanks

Old 03-18-2011, 09:11 AM
keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !keithta Is a GOD !
Was sent to Germany and programmed. Call David at Proto Tech in Fort Lauderdale for details. Car is completely stock with a flash only. I'll answer the other questions when I get back from office.

Originally Posted by cvprez
Impressive! Who did the ecu mod? Any other changes done to exhaust or intake?

Last edited by keithta; 03-18-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:21 AM
uaeturbo has a spectacular aura aboutuaeturbo has a spectacular aura about
WoW!!
Pump or race gas??

Old 03-19-2011, 11:36 AM
93 octane. This car will never see any race fuel.

Originally Posted by uaeturbo
WoW!!
Pump or race gas??

Old 03-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Before I start here: I want to point out that I am not saying that ECU flashes are always a better alternative to Piggybacks. However, based on what is currently available in the Panamera TT performance market, Pana TT piggybacks offer about 1/2 the horsepower gain compared to that of the ECU.

From my general understanding of the current piggybacks available for the Panamera TT, they are merely "lenses" between itself and the factory ECU where the piggyback fools the factory DME into raising boost and changing simple fuel parameters. They are not able to make major changes through the piggyback since they cannot reach certain areas of the ECU. Thus, the piggyback solutions result in a power gain of 50-60 HP.

The ECU flash produces 90-100 HP (in some cases I have seen dyno graphs showing a little over 100 HP). The reason why the ECU flashes are showing more power is because the programmers that have the ability to manipulate these ECUs at this time have access to adjust far more PIDs. They have more flexibility and can dial in more precise configurations.

I am not saying this is the case with all ECUs vs Piggybacks in every circumstance (as there are many cars out there where Piggyback setups out-perform ECU flashes). But, based on what is currently available on the market at this time, the ECU flash is the more powerful option.

Keith

Originally Posted by zzzspeed
^^^^He said that was his only mod.

To the OP, you mentioned that it was not a piggyback system but the tune was directly to the ecu. That is the first I heard of this being better, I have the Evoms tune on my 2011 CTT. It is a piggyback system, so is it inferior to other systems? Before I got the tune I called around a lot of people that did not sell ecu tunes to get their (less biased) opinion and they all thought that evoms was much more aggressive then softtronic or GIAC.

Can you elaborate on why you chose your setup and why it is superior to others?
Thanks

Last edited by keithta; 03-19-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:33 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
Do you know if they use the same programmer as FVD? FVD is against the piggyback tune and their ecu claims to give 90 hp gain? I have been considering getting it done, the only thing keeping me from doing so is the fact that the car will be inoperable for a week while ecu takes a european vacation.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:05 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
Nice work! and great analysis. Nice to see the true potential being unlocked.

Old 03-21-2011, 10:11 AM
falb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant futurefalb has a brilliant future
from the in-car launch control vid I would assume the first gear redline hold is wheelspin. I think the ecu will hold the gear until it thinks that the wheelspin is under control.

Old 03-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Siswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really niceSiswati is just really nice
Congrats on impressive ET and top speed - really impressive numbers. Very happy to see some on this forum actually seeing what this car can do, rather than continually focusing on what wheels look the best.

Old 03-22-2011, 11:06 AM
TheVenom is infamous around these parts
thats fast on the track, wow!

Old 03-22-2011, 11:28 AM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
you should consider car bypass pipes. they are about 800EUR from cargraphic.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:22 AM
GT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really niceGT RUS is just really nice
Nice results

Do they cat by pass from turbos ??? I thinks Fabspeed and FVD offer something like that...

I think with catless downpipes and full exhaust this car should be capable of 650 PS....

Switzer almsot done their 750 kit...made over 150awhp without a tune ) says it will be a monster....csant wait....

That car should as fast as mod VTG 997.1 TT on 1/4...mid 10s...

Keitha...can you please tell ME how much did it cost and who did your ECU in Germany ??? I need this tune as well...

fedianov@mail.com

Is it FVD, A&A or to other ??? No many companies can do Paana TT yet...

Why did you go with Evoms tune or Promotive ???

Thanks

Last edited by GT RUS; 03-26-2011 at 07:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:12 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Keithta 600 HP Flashed Porsche Panamera Turbo - 1/4 Mile, 60-130, 0-60 0-150 [VIDEO]