Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I dont know what they did in the turbo recall but my fuel consumption is better...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 11:48 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I dont know what they did in the turbo recall but my fuel consumption is better...

This a value I would have never seen before, at highway speeds it was 9.6l/100km after 200km. I hope this is not at the expense of performace. Still driving the turbos in, they said for 500km, so cant push them yet.

Attached Images  
Old 09-15-2012, 04:00 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Kip,
How does the car feel compared to old turbos? Mine is almost done, getting the AWE downpipes installed since they are right there. Supposedly the specs are similar.

Old 09-15-2012, 04:46 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
They just installed the totally new ones and havent had a chance to test them as they suggested a 500km run in period. Will post results when I get them. My boost gauge said 0.1bar even in neutral before the recall, now that is gone. So something has happened. Am a little nervous as sometimes when parts break, they might be tempted to detune. So the only things I have noticed so far is that the consumption is lower, the boost is at 0 when idleing and it seems they broke my oil temp gauge while installing the new turbos (see video in my check your oil temp gauge thread below) . When I asked them about the new turbos, they told me they are identical just dont have a mold fault.

Post your impressions when your car is ready. With the exhaust upgrade it will be a beast. I actually never drove the standard ptt, how would you describe the difference to a stock ptt?

Old 09-15-2012, 05:00 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
The powerkit was noticeable quicker and more responsive than a stock PTT. The GIAC flash takes it to another level above that. I am hoping with the down pipes that it will be a little louder with the stock sport exhaust, in addition of 40 extra horses! GIAC thinks high ten second car with that setup. The dealership said it sounded awesome with that setup before they sent my ECU off to be reflashed. Hopefully will have it back by mid next week.

Old 09-15-2012, 10:39 PM
vigoureux is infamous around these parts
Hey kip, what was your average speed for that 8.5l/100km??

I recently drove about 2,500km all highway. And this is in the US so my speed average was 70mph. Since I'm from Europe I keep l/100km instead of mpg. And I averaged 9litres/100km. Panamera turbo here, no upgraded turbos, EVOMS piggyback.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:25 AM
kip
Tacho speed of 93km/h. For the higher one 93-133km/h, true speed -3km/h.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:03 PM
kip
Originally Posted by Botox
Kip,
How does the car feel compared to old turbos? Mine is almost done, getting the AWE downpipes installed since they are right there. Supposedly the specs are similar.
Completed the 500km + a little more and car seems better.

Tried a vbox pull and with a FULL tank and 2 people without LC and sport+, with suspension setting 1 I got a 0-100km/h in 4.1s on sandy asphalt with one go. Id say this car performs well! I can only imagine what the numbers are with LC and TC off!!! For some reason it seems to pull maybe a little better than before, I suspect the upgrade is identical with the PTTS. I could be wrong though, as I was driving a loaner WV Polo for the duration of the service and ALL cars seem fast compared to it.

When looking at turbo boost, it performs almost identically with this video:

Last edited by kip; 09-20-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Mine seems pretty responsive also, just got it back. I'll get on it next week. The downpipes are an excellent upgrade for sound. Figure it was only right to make it a little bit better in exchange of the hassle! As a side note, I noticed my oil temp gauge rise quicker than before also, but now seems steady. I'll be watching!

Old 09-20-2012, 01:34 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kip
Completed the 500km + a little more and car seems.

Tried a vbox pull and with a FULL tank and 2 people without LC and sport+, with suspension setting 1 I got a 0-100km/h in 4.1s on sandy asphalt with one go. Id say this car performs well! I can only imagine what the numbers are with LC and TC off!!! For some reason it seems to pull maybe a little better than before, I suspect the upgrade is identical with the PTTS. I could be wrong though, as I was driving a loaner WV Polo for the duration of the service and ALL cars seem fast compared to it.

When looking at turbo boost, it performs almost identically with this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yf_T7cl76U

Kip, way to go, I hope you keep it up... I tried LC with TC off and it makes no difference whatsoever. Maybe will make a difference at the track but in the 1320 does not make any.

Old 09-20-2012, 01:36 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Mine seems pretty responsive also, just got it back. I'll get on it next week. The downpipes are an excellent upgrade for sound. Figure it was only right to make it a little bit better in exchange of the hassle! As a side note, I noticed my oil temp gauge rise quicker than before also, but now seems steady. I'll be watching!
I cant wait to have my downpipes. I'm going to go catless as it does not interfere with any inspections down here. I bet it spools a lot faster now and the Turbo Kick should be noticeable.

What would you say?

Old 09-20-2012, 02:26 PM
kip
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
Kip, way to go, I hope you keep it up... I tried LC with TC off and it makes no difference whatsoever. Maybe will make a difference at the track but in the 1320 does not make any.
Wierd, really no difference, LC with my car is insane. It jumps in the air and pulls like crazy, it feels a lot faster than the normal launch. However, as it feels like it is not doing good to the car, I have done it only twice. Never timed it, maybe I will try it later for comparison.

Just to compare, I got similar numbers in the 997.1tt only with powerbraking and several attempts.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:30 PM
kip
Just noticed that in the vid overboost is 16s, in the manual it says 10s. Typical P-car underrating.

Actually, I have never seen it go from orange to white, so it seems I have never gone for very fast very long.

I wish my car had the g-force meter...

Old 09-20-2012, 02:38 PM
kip
It was horrible to see my car in small pieces. Brake discs in the drawer, exhaust taken off, engine bay empty... Definately the time to install a new exhaust.

If I would tune this car, exhaust would probably also be the only tune Id do to get some more noise inside, sadly the Porsche Approved warranty doesnt allow me to do anything.

Please let me know about the gauge movement.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:39 PM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Kip,
Botox,
I'll be basically doing the same mods with my PT. GIAC, IPD, except with Fabspeed downpipe/sport cats and xpipe with stock mufflers. Please let me know your impressions of the mods. Thanks.

Last edited by NelsonF; 09-20-2012 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2012, 02:46 PM
Originally Posted by kip
Wierd, really no difference, LC with my car is insane. It jumps in the air and pulls like crazy, it feels a lot faster than the normal launch. However, as it feels like it is not doing good to the car, I have done it only twice. Never timed it, maybe I will try it later for comparison.

Just to compare, I got similar numbers in the 997.1tt only with powerbraking and several attempts.
Let me clarify that, LC WITH TC off or LC with TC on wont make a huge difference if any at all.

TC to me it's good for rainy days or snow? Dry hot pavement I highly doubt make any difference.

Now LC by itself it's a good thing, actually as my wife puts it, "Honey this thing is scary"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I dont know what they did in the turbo recall but my fuel consumption is better...