Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sports exhaust button install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
nupepanamera is infamous around these parts
sports exhaust button install

just trying to see if anyone on this forum ever had the sports exhaust button install on their panny from a dealer. if so, how much? i currently own a PS and was looking to upgrade my OEM exhaust to the sports OEM; the leisure to turn on and off the semi aggressive sound is a plus in my book. ebay actually has a few sports exhaust available for a reasonable price, however, if i am not mistaken, i think the only way to have the sport sound is to activate an additional button in the center console. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. thx

Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
You need the button if you want the valves to work. Without it, you can unplug the vacuum line and leave the exhaust valves open.

Old 07-24-2013, 05:45 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Can you make it sound like this?

Review of the F Type...God help me, I LOVE the way this thing sounds!

Old 07-24-2013, 09:52 AM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Leslierc
Can you make it sound like this?

Review of the F Type...God help me, I LOVE the way this thing sounds!
I drove a couple models of those on a course last weekend and did enjoy the exhaust sound and snappy performance. The car is fun, but too tight for tall people to use for more than very short drives. Good head room, but no leg room.

Last edited by NiceCar; 07-24-2013 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 11:21 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nupepanamera
just trying to see if anyone on this forum ever had the sports exhaust button install on their panny from a dealer. if so, how much? i currently own a PS and was looking to upgrade my OEM exhaust to the sports OEM; the leisure to turn on and off the semi aggressive sound is a plus in my book. ebay actually has a few sports exhaust available for a reasonable price, however, if i am not mistaken, i think the only way to have the sport sound is to activate an additional button in the center console. any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. thx
I have this and with a stock exhaust I gotta tell ya aint really much difference. sure a little deeper but still to me unacceptably quite

instead of a switch and all that you may be better off changing out your mufflers to any quality sport muffler

the car will just sound great in general

it wont be too loud at idle or low rpms and will sound nice when you get on it

just a thought

Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 PM
nupepanamera is infamous around these parts
ok thx for everyone's timely response. having a couple days to think about my decision, tom i may go with your erstwhile statement regarding a quality exhaust. thx again fellows.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:18 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by nupepanamera
ok thx for everyone's timely response. having a couple days to think about my decision, tom i may go with your erstwhile statement regarding a quality exhaust. thx again fellows.

good luck I think that would be way better

Old 08-01-2013, 08:23 PM
2thDoctor is infamous around these parts
Any recommendations on exhaust on a V6?

Old 08-02-2013, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by 2thDoctor
Any recommendations on exhaust on a V6?
fabspeed, Vivid, borla. anything but factory

Old 08-02-2013, 02:30 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Bummer they don't make the GTS exhaust an "option" on all other models.....it really is a perfect sound

good luck keep us posted

Old 08-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by cole328
Bummer they don't make the GTS exhaust an "option" on all other models.....it really is a perfect sound

good luck keep us posted
they cant cause it is more than an exhaust it is the symphonizer tubing that pipes the engine sound into the cabin that makes it sound so great, you are lucky if you have a GTS, very special model, but then that is what Porsche means when they put GTS on a car!!