Location (State):

Item Condition:

FS: 2006 997 C4 Blk/Blk 2900 Miles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:49 PM
njcycleguy is infamous around these parts
FS: 2006 997 C4 Blk/Blk 2900 Miles

** SOLD! ** (someone missed a helluva deal!)

Hi fellas,

This is a 50/50 split between a for sale ad and a feeler.. I really love the car, but some things have come up that are taking priorty in my life right now. I could manage to swing keeping it, however if I can move it relatively quickly for what I'm looking to get, I'll be willing to part with it.

The car is a 2006 911 Carrera 4 (997) 6 Speed, Triple Black. It is literally brand new with only 2900 miles on it. It's barely broken in. The car has been hand washed since the day I got it. Never even seen a car wash nor has it seen rain. The undercarriage is actually still clean. There are no stories, issues, problems, or anything wrong with the car. No dings, dents, scratches, or even a hint of brake dust on any wheel nor any peeling of the paint off the calipers. The leather has no creases in it and the car still smells brand new. I'm fanatical about my cars, and the car currently sits in a temperature controlled garage. It was recently detailed by Phil of Details Domain just last week, who put a fresh coat of Swissvol Wax on it.

Since I purchased this car brand new in mid May of 2007 (about 2 months ago) the warranty began in May of 2007 (4yr/50k). While it may be an '06, it is a brand new car - was not a dealer demo or anything like that. I put all the mileage on it since I purchased it. Factory warranty is through 2010.

Options include:
  • Heated Seats
  • 19" Carrera Classic Wheels
  • Bi-Xenon Headlights
  • Wheel Caps with Colored Crest
  • Stainless Steel Door Sill with Carrera 4 Logo (Factory Exclusive Option)
  • Clear Factory Porsche Euro Markers
I have all the books, extra keys, original paperwork, and the "Porsche Certificate of Authenticity", which was mailed to me a few weeks ago.

MSRP on the car was $82,120.

Serious inquiries only please! If I can't move it for what I'm looking to get, I'll hold on to it but I'm open to fair offers.

The car is located in Northern NJ (near Wayne, NJ) and be seen by appointment.

Thanks, and any questions, feel free to ask. PM me or e-mail at ted@stmicro.net.

Last edited by njcycleguy; 08-17-2007 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:47 AM
Sorry about the broken photo link.. all should be good now!

Old 08-01-2007, 01:57 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
Teddy,

Wow that was fast! Good luck with the sale! Its a super clean car guys so if you are looking for one ****** it up quick!

Old 08-02-2007, 07:46 AM
Originally Posted by pyiu
Teddy,

Wow that was fast! Good luck with the sale! Its a super clean car guys so if you are looking for one ****** it up quick!
Yeah, I'll see what happens.. if I can't sell it before September, I'll hold on to it.. I've really got to get a lot of stuff done to my house which unfortunately takes priority right now.

Old 08-02-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm open to fair offers..

Old 08-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Lowered price to $71,500 or best offer. If you're interested in a showroom perfect 911, this is the one. It only has 2900 miles on it. And remember, too, this car is a Carrera 4, not a standard Carrera.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Wow - not a single offer? I understand $74k may have been a bit high, but I don't feel at 71.5k I've priced this car out of line with what's out there, considering condition, mileage, and the fact that it just was placed in service. I understand it's not an S, but it's still a C4.

From what I've seen, '06 C2's (non-s) are going for mid to high $60's, and some of these cars have anywhere from 5 - 10k miles on them and have been in service since late '05, early '06. This car was just put in service two months ago, so you are getting a brand new car with a factory warranty through 2012.

FINAL PRICE DROP - $69,990 FIRM!

Old 08-08-2007, 10:12 AM
ToddMcF2002 is infamous around these parts
That is a great price and a beautiful car. It is a great NE car too.

Have you tried Autotrader? You are up against the "S" fetish here I believe. Same thing on the M3Forum. On Autotrader you'll hit a wider audience that is not so wound up in the whole "S" factor.

That is a great car with the perfect scheme. I'd widen the audience.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:10 PM
Banned
hozer is infamous around these parts
A C4 sitting on the lot for a long time (as it appears this one has) could be had for 10k under MSRP, making it 72k new (from what I have seen the C4 is one of the lesser desired models). So at this price it is a decent deal, but I think the scope of people that want to save just a few thousand to buy used from a private party is pretty slim. Most poeple that have 70k are just going to spend a few thousand more for a brand new car.

Todd is right, give autotrader a shot...much better chance than here for this car.

Last edited by hozer; 08-08-2007 at 01:12 PM.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks fellas.. I put it on eBay so I'm going to see what happens.. I agree with the S vs Non-S group here.. many are Anti-C2/C4, almost like these cars are bastard red-headed step children.. ironically enough, most of the 997's I see on the road are non S's.. go figure.. The C4 prob gets a bad rap because it's more expensive than a C2, and most people assume at that level, you might as well pony up a few more bucks and a get an "S" model.. be that as it may, that extra $$$ gets you a car that handles better than a non-S C2 and is equally is fast..plus, if you get stuck in bad weather, it's a much better car to be in than a C2.. i personally didn't think the 25hp or better brakes were worth the larger price difference for the type of driving i was planning on doing.. ah well, i'm going to give eBay a shot, if no-go, i'll keep it.. as i said in my original post, this was a 50/50 split between a feeler and a for sale ad..

Last edited by njcycleguy; 08-08-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:46 AM
kpai81 is infamous around these parts
very NICE and claen car.. GL with sales

Old 08-09-2007, 03:24 PM
kdubb is infamous around these parts
smokin deal

Old 08-10-2007, 04:42 PM
UPDATE - I put it on eBay, already had multiple offers, one for $71k actually but we'll see what happens with that one. I showed it to a dealer and he put $68k on it, wholesale. With trade-in credit for sales tax savings, I net about $71k, which is pretty much where I wanted to be.. but I'd rather sell it than trade it, because it deserves a good home and not sold on the wholesale market. Makes me feel much better now.

By the way, someone said to me, "well you can buy a new one for 10k off sticker" - where would one find such a deal? Because the dealers around here in the NY/NJ area, the most I've seen off sticker is about $5k.

Old 08-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned
hozer is infamous around these parts
I was the one who said about 10k off MSRP

Seeing as you purchased the car a few months ago...this would be a tough a tough sell for a dealer since MY08 orders may have already been taken (now 2 yrs behind). I am going by another who said he was offered 10k off on a C4 (which is going to be harder to move), in a similar situation.

If its another model and a MY08 you are not going to get 10k off, but for an '06 C4 it does not seem unreasonable. I would think easily 7k off, but it depends on your location certainly...so who knows.

Again, I am referring to your specific car if it was on a lot today, not necessarily in NY/NJ area.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
6 months ago my local dealer who didn't want to discount any 997S - ordered or in stock had a brand new leftover 2006 997 C4. They offered it to me @ 10K off of MSRP right off the bat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: 2006 997 C4 Blk/Blk 2900 Miles