996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone with H&R coils springs on his 996TT ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 09:58 PM
Mz3bo is infamous around these parts
Anyone with H&R coils springs on his 996TT ?

Hi,

I am looking at some H&R springs only for my 996tt. It's regular one, with no sport suspension (lowered). I am not planning on doing track, I am simply looking at "look Improvement" at this time.

Is there someone in here who can comment on H&R springs on regular TT shocks ? I would also be interested in seeing pics of TT with the 1.0" drop all around (as promise by H&R).

Regards,
Bo

Old 07-30-2005, 10:44 PM
offroad911 is infamous around these parts
LSM tried them and a big problem, ended up taking them off because of inconsistent drop front & rear. I am sure he will chime in.

Old 07-30-2005, 10:46 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
don't do it.. seriously we took off sooooo many of those from unhappy people that came in and did PSS9s instead. Not worth it.. don't make the handling and ride worse just for an inch....

Old 07-30-2005, 11:37 PM
scslite is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by sharkster
don't do it.. seriously we took off sooooo many of those from unhappy people that came in and did PSS9s instead. Not worth it.. don't make the handling and ride worse just for an inch....
Ditto. I bought my 996TT with H&R springs already installed. Previously having an M3 with Ground Control coilovers in comparison the ride is nothing to be inspired about. I absolutely hate it!

Euro PSS9s are going in soon! Thanks Alex for the recommendation.

Oh hey my very first post!

Old 07-31-2005, 12:18 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by scslite
Ditto. I bought my 996TT with H&R springs already installed. Previously having an M3 with Ground Control coilovers in comparison the ride is nothing to be inspired about. I absolutely hate it!

Euro PSS9s are going in soon! Thanks Alex for the recommendation.

Oh hey my very first post!
Hey man, your car is shaping REALLLY well... Can't wait to see the new look Seal Grey is groovy on TTs. It's a good thing that us Bay Area folks have Jeff to buy wheels from eh?

Old 07-31-2005, 06:00 AM
How much should I expect for the PSS9 ? I was looking for the H&R or EIback coilover at Tirerack... are they a good choice as well ?

Regards
Bo

Old 07-31-2005, 07:47 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
LSM has TechArt springs on his car and he likes them. If you don't want to go to coil-overs, it might be worth your while to check those out.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:58 AM
Raza is infamous around these parts
I was going to buy the H&Rs as well until I read all the bad reviews by owners. I just bought the Cargraphic springs. The car is definitely lower. It needs to be aligned still, I will give my impressions after I drive it.

Old 07-31-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Mz3bo
How much should I expect for the PSS9 ? I was looking for the H&R or EIback coilover at Tirerack... are they a good choice as well ?

Regards
Bo
The H&R coil overs are pretty awful (that large front spring is well...). Also they are not adjustable in terms of dampening like the PSS9s.

Old 07-31-2005, 10:30 AM
scslite is infamous around these parts
Hey man, your car is shaping REALLLY well... Can't wait to see the new look Seal Grey is groovy on TTs. It's a good thing that us Bay Area folks have Jeff to buy wheels from eh?
No kidding! I'm sure glad you guys are around. Maybe too close! But really thanks for all the help guys!

Got the bumper off last night...after talking to you it was a piece of cake.

Old 07-31-2005, 05:01 PM
Can someone tells me where I can buy the Cargrphics or Techart springs for my turbo ? A company that is welling to ship to Canada ?

Regards
Bo

Old 07-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by scslite
No kidding! I'm sure glad you guys are around. Maybe too close! But really thanks for all the help guys!

Got the bumper off last night...after talking to you it was a piece of cake.
Hey pal.. it's NOT good for you to be so close at all However I'm really glad to see you getting your hands dirty doing some of the stuff It's not that bad really... they get put together by hand a lot so we can take 'em apart ourselves too!

Old 07-31-2005, 07:07 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
The H&R coil overs are pretty awful (that large front spring is well...). Also they are not adjustable in terms of dampening like the PSS9s.
I've had the H&R coil overs (not just springs) mounted for awhile and have had no perfromance issues at all. I have them set at around GT2 height and have no bump stop problems. The larger spring was designed to displace the shock loads from the FWD. YOu can also rotate the strut mounts to gain more room if needed. It's been a great set up and feels much more compliant than the PSS9's which has been known to have some bump stop issues if you want GT2 ride height.

The only issue that I've had with the H&R coil overs were an occaisional clunk at full turn. This was resolved by H&R with a clear tubing wrap that was needed and not installed by the fact. Since the tubing was installed over the lower portion of the spring I've had no more noises. Great suspension very compliant on the street and decent on track with no issues.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by oak
I've had the H&R coil overs (not just springs) mounted for awhile and have had no perfromance issues at all. I have them set at around GT2 height and have no bump stop problems. The larger spring was designed to displace the shock loads from the FWD. YOu can also rotate the strut mounts to gain more room if needed. It's been a great set up and feels much more compliant than the PSS9's which has been known to have some bump stop issues if you want GT2 ride height.

The only issue that I've had with the H&R coil overs were an occaisional clunk at full turn. This was resolved by H&R with a clear tubing wrap that was needed and not installed by the fact. Since the tubing was installed over the lower portion of the spring I've had no more noises. Great suspension very compliant on the street and decent on track with no issues.
One thing they do not suffer from which the PSS9s do is the position of the bump stop. But having driven both configured in similair fashion Cort Wagner said he muuuuch prefered the PSS9s So if you want GT2 ride heigh, unless you go with the FVD or Euro PSS9s then you're right, H&Rs or JICs etc... are your best bet. They are clunky but I also don't like that laaaarge frong spring. Cheesy