997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Softronic is awesome thanks to Eric/Dan at Vivid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:38 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Softronic is awesome thanks to Eric/Dan at Vivid

Flashed my ECU with Softronic Software last night.. took about 10 minutes total.. Loaded the software, connected the cable to the obdII port ,

upload the file to softronic server then you received the OEM file and the Sport file via email.. loaded the sport file to the ecu took about 5 minutes..

Drove the car to work today, it drives similar to having it on Sport Mode, but more linear and very smooth to drive.. I dont have Sport Chrono on my car so it's a great upgrade.

Mines a tiptronic and I was shocked with the changes, my butt dyno definitely feels that it's way faster .. I dont have any mods yet aside from this and I'm very satisfied..

I've had some credit with Vivid, from my old Cayenne because I cant make up my mind what parts to buy cause I keep changing cars..LOL
I was able to use it with no problem. So not sure what it's about with some negative post against them..
The service provided by Vivid and Softronic is excellent... I was being contacted by both companies asking if everything is ok and if I need help.Wow!

Next up X51 intake, Headers, exhaust.. and tips.. that's it i might change cars again

Last edited by alex911s; 12-14-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:54 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
I hear that it has a greater effect on Tips than manual?

Glad you like it mate,

Do you know what are the benefits and gains for the manual 997 's'?

If you're going to go ahead with all that stuff listed above why not go for a 997 's', and wait, if you are going to go with an 's', why not go for a turbo / gt3

Josh.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:04 PM
alex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond reputealex911s has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LABrit
I hear that it has a greater effect on Tips than manual?

Glad you like it mate,

Do you know what are the benefits and gains for the manual 997 's'?

If you're going to go ahead with all that stuff listed above why not go for a 997 's', and wait, if you are going to go with an 's', why not go for a turbo / gt3

Josh.

haha... I'm still thinking if I should order a 997TT or just spec out an S.. need a tip, not sure if I would need all that power..oh well ...need to give wifey some driving time on the tippy, so far she's having fun..
It says on the site that the stock 997 will be 345HP then the S goes up to 385.. you could be right, it might be more noticeable on tips.. I'll give more report when I have more driving time..

your 997S looks great Josh

Old 12-15-2007, 12:27 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
Can you flash back to stock using the same cable? The only thing holding me back from an ecu upgrade is the warranty..

Old 12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally Posted by mishref
Can you flash back to stock using the same cable? The only thing holding me back from an ecu upgrade is the warranty..

As far as I know you can flash it back and forth.. save the 2 files on your computer.. make sure the file doesnt get corrupted..LOL
Unuderstood,I have no say about warranty issues although the dealer i go to is mod friendly , it's a risk you need to take..

Old 12-15-2007, 03:35 AM
mishref is infamous around these parts
The local dealer will drop the warranty if you use the wrong washer fluid ..

Old 12-15-2007, 04:08 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by alex911s
haha... I'm still thinking if I should order a 997TT or just spec out an S.. need a tip, not sure if I would need all that power..oh well ...need to give wifey some driving time on the tippy, so far she's having fun..
It says on the site that the stock 997 will be 345HP then the S goes up to 385.. you could be right, it might be more noticeable on tips.. I'll give more report when I have more driving time..

your 997S looks great Josh

Interesting numbers, i may look into it a little more in the future if i get bored...personally the car has made me re-think how much power is really needed in a street car. All i'd like is a little more show and a louder exhaust.

Thanks for the compliment, should have some new pics up in a couple of weeks

Old 12-15-2007, 05:36 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
The dealer is not the one who has the say so if a repair is covered under warranty. Although they can certainly help out in getting something pssed through warranty.

Old 12-15-2007, 06:36 AM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Alex: If you can flash back and forth, why not take it to the local dyno and do a couple before and after runs for the board?

Old 12-15-2007, 09:51 AM
dndodd is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mishref
This software sounds every bit as good as APR but with APR you get 4 programs, I chose Stock, 91,93, and Race 100. You change between programs using the Cruise Control Stalk. Very simple and easy.

My Mods were great but the ECU change pulled them all together and transformed the car. The power is there, very linear, no hesitation then spurt at 4-5RPM like stock.

At some point if I have the time and can find a dyno in Birmingham, I will make a comparison between stock and 93. I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't easily15-20 HP with my intake and exhaust mods. Stock I wouldn't expect anymore than 10Hp.

Old 12-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Marine8541 is infamous around these parts
From my understanding the Softronic software automatically adjusts for the fuel octane and does not require a manually switched map.

Old 12-15-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Alex: If you can flash back and forth, why not take it to the local dyno and do a couple before and after runs for the board?

I'll try to schedule that depdog..

Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Marine8541
From my understanding the Softronic software automatically adjusts for the fuel octane and does not require a manually switched map.
That sounds great....can anyone confirm this? I use 91/93/95 frequently depending on which gas station has them available.....would be great if it adjusts automatically

Old 12-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Marine8541 is infamous around these parts
This was posted on the Cayman site :

" With Softronic there is no need for multiple octane maps or adjustments to the mapping therefore switchable programs are not provided or required. We offer the best product in a single program

Also Softronic offers the only tuning software that can be transferred to your next similar Porsche without additional fees or charges. Contact Softronic for the requirements before selling your Porsche."

Originally Posted by rah79
That sounds great....can anyone confirm this? I use 91/93/95 frequently depending on which gas station has them available.....would be great if it adjusts automatically

Old 12-15-2007, 03:57 PM
rah79 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Marine8541
This was posted on the Cayman site :

" With Softronic there is no need for multiple octane maps or adjustments to the mapping therefore switchable programs are not provided or required. We offer the best product in a single program

Also Softronic offers the only tuning software that can be transferred to your next similar Porsche without additional fees or charges. Contact Softronic for the requirements before selling your Porsche."
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! thnx Marine!
I will purchase it next week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Softronic is awesome thanks to Eric/Dan at Vivid