996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Update: Protomotive GT2 now at 715rwhp and 698rwtq

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 06:05 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Dam, I just got of work and missed this whole thread. Jamie, glad we got your shifter fixed. Btw, when we ran, I was on pump gas and am on a blown EVOBox MaF (who hasn't returned my calls or answered my PM's ) ...looks like I will be converting to PROTOMOTIVE soon cause your car PULLS pretty hard. Hopefully we can figure out the boost hose issue so you can at least get a trap speed tomorrow. Btw, I have the video of the two of us being Pulled over, seached with our hands on the hood after that run..lol...and getting off....

I have met SeanGT2 and I think Both of you just need a few shots of Louis on me and some R&R tonight at the "club"....

Joe...the peacemaker...

Old 03-18-2007, 06:15 PM
SCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura aboutSCM3 has a spectacular aura about
One of you GT2 guys run and break the record for the "worlds fastest GT2" please.

Old 03-18-2007, 07:21 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Joe,

Keep up the good work! and get that video uploaded so we can see some
pulls.

Marty K.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:25 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SCM3
One of you GT2 guys run and break the record for the "worlds fastest GT2" please.
You hate it don't you

Old 03-19-2007, 05:44 AM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by drjoe
Dam, I just got of work and missed this whole thread. Jamie, glad we got your shifter fixed. Btw, when we ran, I was on pump gas and am on a blown EVOBox MaF (who hasn't returned my calls or answered my PM's ) ...looks like I will be converting to PROTOMOTIVE soon cause your car PULLS pretty hard. Hopefully we can figure out the boost hose issue so you can at least get a trap speed tomorrow. Btw, I have the video of the two of us being Pulled over, seached with our hands on the hood after that run..lol...and getting off....

I have met SeanGT2 and I think Both of you just need a few shots of Louis on me and some R&R tonight at the "club"....

Joe...the peacemaker...
Joe, I wasn't sure you wanted the cop story posted, so I left that little part out Post the video!

Yea, I pulled the bumper skin off tonight, found the passenger side blow-off valve line popped off, pressed it back on (with some added zip ties so it doesn't happen again...Ohio engineering at it's finest) and back out onto the highway tonight for a repeat of Friday night. I ran a modded C5 with a 200 shot and pulled him twice by less than a car from a 35 roll to 160 and later ran Ben's black supra from a 40 roll with the same result as the Titan car last night....stayed fender to fender until about 125 then I get pulled by 2 cars through 155.

I have gone through 25 gallons of C16 in less than 48 hours and except those minor issues, the car has run flawless at high boost. I've lost track of how many highway pulls I've made....somewhere around 30 all to 150+. Thanks Protomotive for building such an easy and fun car to drive....

Old 03-19-2007, 12:53 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OhioGT2
Joe, I wasn't sure you wanted the cop story posted, so I left that little part out Post the video!

Yea, I pulled the bumper skin off tonight, found the passenger side blow-off valve line popped off, pressed it back on (with some added zip ties so it doesn't happen again...Ohio engineering at it's finest) and back out onto the highway tonight for a repeat of Friday night. I ran a modded C5 with a 200 shot and pulled him twice by less than a car from a 35 roll to 160 and later ran Ben's black supra from a 40 roll with the same result as the Titan car last night....stayed fender to fender until about 125 then I get pulled by 2 cars through 155.

I have gone through 25 gallons of C16 in less than 48 hours and except those minor issues, the car has run flawless at high boost. I've lost track of how many highway pulls I've made....somewhere around 30 all to 150+. Thanks Protomotive for building such an easy and fun car to drive....
Sounds like fun please describe the cars feel and performance

thanks

jag

Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !

Absolutely awesome, wish i were there and that i could experience that car, i think im wanting more too!

BTW how is traction? What tires are you using out there?

Martin

Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Jamie, when u get home do a boost leak test.... We found a couple as well.
markski

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 PM
silvershark is infamous around these parts
Not sure, but my prior exhaust flat lined hp at 660 around 4800 rpm. We did not dyno the same hotside with the new exhaust, so hard to tell how much new hp was compressor related and how much was exhaust related. Sorry.
Congrats on your upgrades. What exhaust were you using before Todd's?

Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 PM
OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !OhioGT2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Sounds like fun please describe the cars feel and performance

thanks

jag
As long as you are over 4k, it's a smooth linear pull with very little lag. Not much different than what I imagined it would be per our conversation Thursday night. I was never jumped by any car I ran this weekend. Between 3k and 4k it's fun too as you can watch the boost ramp on the dash.

Last edited by OhioGT2; 03-19-2007 at 11:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by silvershark
Congrats on your upgrades. What exhaust were you using before Todd's?
Thanks. Cargraphic.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Absolutely awesome, wish i were there and that i could experience that car, i think im wanting more too!

BTW how is traction? What tires are you using out there?

Martin
Thanks. I'm on new 19" PS2's. In 60 degree weather, second gear held most of my runs on concrete. On asphalt, probably closer to 50% with lots of variables. The funny thing was during two races, I held second then shredded third after what seemed like a near perfect shift. Not sure why, maybe I hit a slick spot, maybe i shifted right at peak torque. But I've never had that happen before....

Markski, did you make your own pressure tester? If so, please PM so I can set up. Thanks!

Old 03-19-2007, 11:22 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Thanks. I'm on new 19" PS2's. In 60 degree weather, second gear held most of my runs on concrete. On asphalt, probably closer to 50% with lots of variables. The funny thing was during two races, I held second then shredded third after what seemed like a near perfect shift. Not sure why, maybe I hit a slick spot, maybe i shifted right at peak torque. But I've never had that happen before....

Markski, did you make your own pressure tester? If so, please PM so I can set up. Thanks!
Haha awesome man, i guess i shouldnt be worried for when it gets warmer then, my car whips the back end out in 2nd and 3rd in the colder weather, sucks, but so do PS1's! I know what your talking about as well with a nice shift in the power band, no turbo de-spool but no tire spinning yet clutch slipping hah!

Congrats again, you have a BEAST!

Old 03-20-2007, 07:14 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !

What is this? This is a video of Steven's silver Vette that you raced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUT5_sLv0JE

Old 03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
What is this? This is a video of Steven's silver Vette that you raced.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUT5_sLv0JE
Yep, that was the second race, I started that one almost a car length back. Ask if they have a vid of the 1st race where we started even and I honked it off.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Update: Protomotive GT2 now at 715rwhp and 698rwtq