Price:

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

LUFF wheels??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 12:49 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
LUFF wheels??

anyone heard of them? A coworker is looking into this group buy on rennlist

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...d.php?t=209755

Old 06-18-2005, 12:58 PM
aben8057 is infamous around these parts
Scott,

What I gathered so far from Luff is that they are manufacturer in Tiawan, 1 piece, good price and have some auctions on ebay.

I think wilber is selling them, he may want to chime in.

Old 06-18-2005, 01:44 PM
bumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond reputebumble996 has a reputation beyond repute
Whoa, those are some pretty bad photoshops...

Old 06-18-2005, 02:08 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by aben8057
Scott,

What I gathered so far from Luff is that they are manufacturer in Tiawan, 1 piece, good price and have some auctions on ebay.

I think wilber is selling them, he may want to chime in.

thanks for the info, what do you guys think of them?

The price is great for 19's, i just don't want him buying wheels that are going to bend easily. I was trying to get him in a set of iforged but they are just too pricey.

gonna shoot wilbur a PM

Last edited by HotRodGuy; 06-18-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:21 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by bumble996

Old 06-18-2005, 02:32 PM
newport996 is infamous around these partsnewport996 is infamous around these parts
Yeah....horrible and misleading photoshops.....If you don't look carefully, you will think those 19's with those offsets will fin in the wheel well....I think they will stick out by half an inch. I wanna see pics of them on a narrow body. Why the photoshops though? Mount them on some Pcars and take some pics....

Old 06-18-2005, 02:36 PM
Chronos is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by bumble996
Do they induce negative camber???

Old 06-18-2005, 11:10 PM
flat6 is infamous around these parts
Luff Wheels

I was looking on ebay and I ran into these as well. They claim the same frotn and rear offset yet the wheel widths are different front and rear. I may be stupid but I am willing to gamble that either the front or rear wheels will be sticking out somewhere.

I could be wrong, 9 times out of ten I am. The 1 time I was right was when I bought a Porsche.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Hey dont hate on the photoshops...I did those as favors to a couple customers wanting to see what they look like on a 996. I am not a wizard so did my best. Jerry is an employee at LUFF and we go way back. He offered those wheels to us so we put together that buy.

If you look on page 2 I posted new pics. If interested hit me up.

Dan
dan@vividracing.com

Old 06-19-2005, 06:38 PM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Whoever orders those for a narrowbody is going to be e-baying them for half of what they bought them for within 2 days of ownership!

Since the rears are a 1/2 wider than the stock 10" rims, the overall effective offset compared to your stockers is going to be around 39mm!

For comparison, I have bought 47mm rear offset wheels and had to have them shaved to be effectively a 53mm offset and they just barely look right.

If you're thinking to go with these wheels, go all the way and put on those rims that are like 12" with gold plating and stick them out 6 inches on each side and add some curb feelers....

Old 06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
gdnine9six is infamous around these parts
If you search on the web it is not hard to find pics of these rims on 996 narrow body cars. They look like they fit just fine! Fills out the fenders real nice.I don't know about you guys, but over here on Long Island, NY we got insanely bad roads covered in potholes. If you had to replace the entire set of rims once a year with these wheels who cares, all 4 is about the cost of 1 of the designer luxo brands.

Old 06-20-2005, 11:38 AM
PorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to allPorschePRH is a name known to all
Originally posted by gdnine9six
If you search on the web it is not hard to find pics of these rims on 996 narrow body cars. They look like they fit just fine! Fills out the fenders real nice.I don't know about you guys, but over here on Long Island, NY we got insanely bad roads covered in potholes. If you had to replace the entire set of rims once a year with these wheels who cares, all 4 is about the cost of 1 of the designer luxo brands.

Here's my 53mm offset....I sure wouldn't want those wheels out another 14mm!

Attached Images  

Last edited by PorschePRH; 06-20-2005 at 11:52 AM.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by wilber
if you lower the car the wheels will go in more so 45offset is fine.
Huh? Is this the equivalent of when the shoe salesman tells you that you just need to wear 3 pairs of socks and the shoes will be fine?

If you lower the car, you go and get a new alignment so the wheels are at the same camber.

Run from these wheels!

Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Great way to help Wilber! Get everybody to spend 2 grand on wheels that don't fit the car!

Old 06-20-2005, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by gdnine9six

And more than a little odd having a first post to strongly endorse some questionable wheels....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LUFF wheels??