996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Vivid Racing 996 Update - GIAC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Exclamation Vivid Racing 996 Update - GIAC

Well I finally added another mod to the Vivid Racing Porsche 996. This Carrera 2 has seened some sweet parts and driving. After the latest install of the 10lb total weight Jubily Titanium Exhaust, I wanted to finally get some more power under the tires. The 2 options were the Supercharger - $9K or the EVOMS GIAC Reflash - $1k. Hmmm…Best bang for buck? Supercharger of course! But if you don’t want to shell out the big bucks and you want to get your 996 running better, have more HP and TQ throughout the entire powerband, then this combo is where it is at. Besides all the cool stuff, the real power parts I have on this car are the EVOMS Cold Air Intake, B&B Headers, and Jubily Titanium Exhaust. With these mods the car made 228 wheel horspower and 207 ft/lbs of torque. As GIAC resellers, we had the local pros come down and do the reflash on our dyno so we could get a good before and after. Mike from EVOMS came down and flashed our ride up. After dynoing we gain 9 whp and 7ft/lbs of torque on our Mustang AWD Dyno. Now the Mustang Dyno is the most accurate out there, but reads lower then some of the others. The point we are showing is the gain by the reflash.Now besides the numbers, what the hell is the difference? The 996 has a huge change in the powerband. Low RPM it is more powerful, quicker throttle response, and more responsive to my driving conditions. As I go up through the gears and in the power band, the car hits harder and harder. Reaching towards redline it does not flatten out. Instead it keeps pulling harder with the change in the Air/Fuel mixture. Butt dyno results…GOOD! No driveability issues and not a big hit to the wallet. So big thanks to the boys at Evolution Motorsports for helping us out.
Now if you want the feeling and the hook up, hit us up for some price quotes or package deals!
Stay tuned!!!
Dan

Old 01-27-2006, 07:07 PM
nycebo is infamous around these parts
Holy moly. A before and after shot of a dyno report. Good on you, Dan.

Out of curiosity, why is the before dyno graph a lot smoother? Any ideas what that's about?

Also, it does look as though it is giving up some power earlier in the powerband (low revs). Was it noticeable on your end? I couldn't read the average torque and HP for the after dyno so I can't be sure.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Mother is infamous around these parts
Dan glad your still working on your ride, Curious have you tried a plugin-chip (upsolute etc.) as a comparison?

Old 01-27-2006, 11:18 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Thats nice! I really like your 996. But one question why does the car only have 228 hp given all the mods? Does that mean that if the 996 is stock it will only have aprox 205 whp!?!?!!?

If so that SUCK! That means it is the same WHP as my M Coupe since M Coupe dyno at around 210whp???

I don't know, my dad use to have a 996 as well, it sure feel faster than 228 whp or was i mistaken??

Old 01-27-2006, 11:55 PM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
^ depends on what gear the pull was done in. example: my car laid down 260 something HP on a dynojet in 3rd i believe it was (stock with air filter and bypass pipes).

the type of dyno and the gear the test was conducted in as well as heat play a big roll.

dan the man can clarify on this.

Old 01-28-2006, 01:27 AM
Official Dipshit 2006
shiggins is infamous around these parts
Is this the same Vivid Racing that has such a terrible reputation in the japanese tuner world? From my experience specificially, the subaru world?

Old 01-28-2006, 01:44 AM
number7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by shiggins
Is this the same Vivid Racing that has such a terrible reputation in the japanese tuner world? From my experience specificially, the subaru world?

Old 01-28-2006, 08:28 AM
DeAd-EyE is infamous around these parts
number 7, do they really have a bad rep in the jap tuner world? i was under the impression that they were very popular in the 4wd rice rocket market.

i havn't had them install anything on my cars, but i've dealt with them for parts, and they're pretty nice guys, especially Matt and the crew over @ Agency Power.

Old 01-28-2006, 10:10 AM
Mother is infamous around these parts
vracing

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
number 7, do they really have a bad rep in the jap tuner world? i was under the impression that they were very popular in the 4wd rice rocket market.

i havn't had them install anything on my cars, but i've dealt with them for parts, and they're pretty nice guys, especially Matt and the crew over @ Agency Power.
I agree they had the parts I needed and helpful to me as well.

Old 01-28-2006, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Talking

Hey guys,

The difference in the dyno sheets is due to the fact that the first sheet was cleaned up(made smooth), and the second one wasn't cleaned up(made to show a smooth curve) before it was printed.

We haven't tried any plug in chips for comparison unfortunately. GIAC is a great product and we wanted to try it out.

Dynojet read a lot higher than mustang dynometers. We did the pulls on 4th gear.

We are here to help the community with our knowledge, and appreciate the support. We hope to bring new updates to you soon.

Jon
Vivid Racing

Old 01-28-2006, 11:34 AM
nycebo is infamous around these parts
Thanks Jon. It was much appreciated.

Old 01-28-2006, 12:04 PM
Former Vendor
No problem.

Old 01-29-2006, 09:36 PM
Banned
skibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud ofskibum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by shiggins
I have done multiple transactions with Vivid and give them an A+. Everything was on time at a great price, plus they were there for me when I had questions midway thru my SSK install.

Old 01-30-2006, 01:37 PM
P1 911
Kevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of lightKevin D is a glorious beacon of light
....I'd love to see a direct before and after dyno of a reflashed 996 3.6L as was done here. For some reason, my impressions are the the earlier cars (3.4L) benefit and gain more from reflashing than do the 3.6's...and that the 3.6L's wouldn't really even see gains. I hope i'm wrong on that...anyone care to share any input on that?

--- Kevin