996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

new company exhaust I think (no affiliation)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Highhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to beholdHighhats is a splendid one to behold
new company exhaust I think (no affiliation)

Saw this on ebay... seems like a hell of a deal. If someone has it please post a sound clip.

S

eBay Motors: Porsche 996 turbo exhaust 996tt exhaust (item 220152475968 end time Oct-20-07 22:00:00 PDT)

Old 10-06-2007, 08:37 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
That guy is a 6speeder

seems like a great design.... 70mm+100cell cats

Old 10-06-2007, 11:15 PM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
Suman,

That's me . I do quite a bit of importing for my business. We started out as an auto accessories manufacturer years ago. During the early 90's that business dried up, but we were also in environmental stuff and that was strong. I decided to try to get back into automotive a bit because I like it and miss it. So... I imported some 996tt exhausts in an effort to develop an automotive division again...it's kind of a side line now, but I would love to grow it to other models and marques, if the demand is there...we'll see. This is a very nice exhaust for the money...it's much lighter than stock, but very solid and the quality is great. I had it custom made with 70mm piping throughout, including the tips. I tested it myself and I believe it is a great alternative. Also, I have special pricing for 6-speeders and R/L ...less than the listing above...

Suman, here is a link to a sound clip you asked about - it gives a pretty good idea of the sound. Use headphones or speakers for accurate reproduction - laptop speakers do not sound right..................... Speed Tech Exhaust

Last edited by John D; 10-07-2007 at 12:44 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:41 AM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
what is your special pricing for rennlist members/6speeders?

Old 10-07-2007, 12:50 AM
John D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to beholdJohn D is a splendid one to behold
what is your special pricing for rennlist members/6speeders?
bteksler,

The regular price is $2,195.00 - I will sell to 6-speeders and Rennlisters for $1,895.00 with the X50 style tips.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:54 AM
FlyYellow is infamous around these partsFlyYellow is infamous around these parts
so i'll ask you the other tough questions:

1. is it as light as the fabspeed gen3 unit?
2. will it fit stock tips?
3. please tell me it has no drone.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:23 AM
1) It weighs 16 Lbs. per side - 18.5 lbs. with tips.
2) No, when we re-designed it with 70mm tubing, I had a choice to use 60mm on the exit pipes in order to re-use the stock tips or go with 70 mm throughout. I chose to go full 70mm for maximum flow. That resulted in a custom X50 style tip with a 70mm opening. The exhaust comes with the tips.
3) Tough question. I think drone is subjective. I am very sensitive to drone and I do not feel it drones - this exhaust does not bother me. I had a Ruf that droned badly (to me) and I took it off after 2 days. And Ruf is known as the quietest exhaust. It is louder than stock and you will hear it more than the stock exhaust- it is more of a throaty, sporty sound, not unpleasant, IMO. I hope this helps.

Here are the tips -

Last edited by John D; 10-07-2007 at 01:27 AM.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:51 AM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
The price is sure right. Enlarged X51 tips option alone cost >500 on the Europipe loud.

Good luck with the new venture John!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:19 AM
pippen is infamous around these parts
How much is shipping to Sweden?

Thanks
David

Old 10-07-2007, 07:36 AM
mracer is infamous around these parts
hi john

very much interested in your exhaust tips.
would these tips fit an europipe exhaust?

if so how much is shipping to switzerland?

thanks a lot
hasi

Old 10-07-2007, 07:56 AM
hydeaway is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by John D
bteksler,

The regular price is $2,195.00 - I will sell to 6-speeders and Rennlisters for $1,895.00 with the X50 style tips.
very nice.... Any problem with check engine light coming on?

Old 10-07-2007, 08:19 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
PM sent

Old 10-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Tboy911 is infamous around these parts
I'll take one.

Suman told me about your ebay auction last night. I've been looking for something to replace my B&B.

John do you have them in stock?

Please PM me.

Tommy.

Old 10-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Shark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really niceShark01 is just really nice
How about a before/after dyno? That would swing alot of us.

Old 10-07-2007, 11:50 AM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
John good luck with the auto side of the business. Keep us advised of your new stuff.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new company exhaust I think (no affiliation)