997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Air intakes......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 09:42 AM
avi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really niceavi8tir is just really nice
Air intakes......

are these a worthy investment for the TT? there are usually 2 sides to the intake story.... the sound and the performance.

what are some good options these days?

Old 11-03-2007, 10:03 AM
father&sons is infamous around these parts
I have Fabspeed intakes, and love them. the sound is great with improved HP as well

Old 11-03-2007, 10:07 AM
N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !N2it Is a GOD !
I think they are when combined with the right tune kit. I "think" RSS, Werks Composite and GMG have them available now and EVOMS is releasing theirs shortly.

When I turn 700 one of these will be part of the package.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:03 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I honestly have seen no data to prove any HP gains from the Fabspeed intakes. Sound should be noticeably louder. Consider that my GIAC stage II from AWE has turned a 60-130 as fast as the EVO690 package (7.7 sec), and that I am just using the stock airbox + BMC filter.

Old 11-03-2007, 12:38 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
I mentioned the possibility to my dealer of an exhaust and a flash and they are pushing the Champion set up. Werks air box, Tubi exhaust & The Champion GIAC flash. They said they all are engineered to work together as opposed to "seperates." Of course they are a Champion dealer. One thing I will say about the Werks air box - it is beautiful. Any thoughts?

Last edited by imcarnuts; 11-03-2007 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:47 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
I think the Werks Intake is a nice piece of work ,they dont make it and that is why the price is were it is...Too much

Not enough increase for the price ,I will wait for the inlet plenum results from road race supply

I will add a airfilter from BMC with my fabspeed and wait for the plenum...

Cheers
Guy

Old 11-03-2007, 03:09 PM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
yeah thats a good news about evo when shall i expect the release ?

Old 11-14-2007, 12:37 AM
charles is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by father&sons
I have Fabspeed intakes, and love them. the sound is great with improved HP as well
i have these but have not installed them as i fear the abundance of very hot air in the engine bay. these are uncovered cones. anyone checked out the negative heat that can nuetralise the air gains yet?

Old 11-14-2007, 03:45 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
The new system we have been selling has a wall that seals off the inlets and draws from the inlets out of the tail.

Old 11-14-2007, 04:32 PM
please show link to the 997 intakes

thanks,
please show link to the 997 intakes. i couldnt find them.
thanks

Old 11-14-2007, 04:34 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have any of the new one. Tommorrow I will make some time and shoot some pics.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Thanks to everyone who is using our new 997TT Air Intake system and the great results there getting. The new designed intake has a heat shield that runs across back and bottom of the intake cones to eliminate the hot from entering into the intake. This wall will help keep the intakes stay at a lower temp and block off that hot air.

Thank you,
Alex@Fabspeed

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 11-15-2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:46 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Alex,

have you done any IAT testing stock vs cones vs cones w/shield? I would be interested to see the results

Old 11-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
JonA85 is infamous around these parts
look at werksone.com

Old 11-15-2007, 03:22 PM
i have 2 of yours on my shelf

Thank you,
Alex@Fabspeed

Let us know if you have any other questions.

endquote

dear alex and fabian, i see two types of heat shields..why?

also, i have 2 of yours on my shelf, not installed due to what i have already stated above. surely, after recognising the heat factor and that i have not fitted it, except your sports exhausts on both my porsches, and the air intake with heat shield on the 996; your company will ensure i do not waste the intakes by sending FOC the best heat shield for this purpose after your R&D has shown up this weakness. as it stands, i have a set that i and many believe it not being able to do the job it was sold to do.

it will please me greatly when you and fabian rectify my trust in your company.

thank you.

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: Air intakes......