997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Fnt pax seat remove/OEM phone mod/tooki

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:19 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Fnt pax seat remove/OEM phone mod/tooki

Passenger seat removal and OEM phone module access for Tooki install or taking the phone module out f the MOST loop.

First you have to remove the passenger seat. It is bolted to the floor and you will need a female E-Torx 12mm socket to remove the bolts. The back is easily accessible but for the front you first have to remove a plastic cover. On the top of that cover is a small slot. You simply raise it a little with a screwdriver and pull it forward and off the rail. This will allow access to the front bolts.

Take the forward bolts off first and then move seat electrically forward. Once done, take the key out of the ignition.
Take out the rear bolts then lean the seat as far back as you can to access the two electrical connectors from the front. On each is a small slide piece that once pulled back allows each plug to be taken off.

***Important!!! Do not turn on the ignition with the electrics to the seat removed. You will get air bag faults that will have to be reset at the dealer.***

Remove the seat.

On the floor is the OEM phone module cover. Remove the two forward bolts and it will slide off. Flip it over for access to the phone module. Find the two fiber cables and remove them from the phone module connector. (Orange wires in pic)The connector has a small blue removable pin that has to be pushed out in order to be able to pull out the two fiber cables. Once removed you can plug them into the NAV-TV fiber connector. You have now essentially removed the OEM phone module form the MOST loop. (Required in order for Took to work.)

(You could also mount the Tooki here under the seat however I decided not since I did not want to mess with running the microphone wire under the carpet and up to the point I wanted to mount it.)

This is now a good time to vaccume the carpet and then reverse the steps to put everything back.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:23 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Nice work! We're carrying the Tooki now and it is taking off. Have you finalized the install yet?

Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
Not yet Eric,
bob/Ft.worth is going to assist since he has already done his and lives close by.

Walt

Old 01-09-2008, 09:51 PM
Orbiter is infamous around these parts
I was wondering if under the passenger seat would a place to put a NAV-TV iPod adapter. I do not have a telephone module. Can the MOST loop be tapped into at this location. Anybody know? Trying to avoid taking the PCM apart. Mike

2007 997S

Old 01-09-2008, 10:03 PM
My understanding from the dealer is that the fiber is routed to the location under the seat when a phone module is installed. IE: no phone module no fiber in that location.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:50 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Orbiter
Can the MOST loop be tapped into at this location. Anybody know? Trying to avoid taking the PCM apart. Mike

2007 997S
You should be able to tap in the front trunk area near amp, without messing with head unit.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Tooki is now installed and I am very happy with the performance. I have a Palm Treo 700P. (The phone book only downloads 7 numbers however. ) Pretty much all the bottons on my steering column as well as PCM work correctly. I mounted the microphone on top of the steering column next to my remote V1. Good sound is reported with no echo.

Special thanks to Bob/Ft.Worth with the install help.