996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New Guy = New Pics - Enjoy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Insolent One is infamous around these parts
New Guy = New Pics - Enjoy

Hey All,

Just want to take a second to post a few pics and say thanks. I've been hanging out in the background for the last few weeks reading and learning.

I've waited my whole life for this car - and now that I have it - I can't even touch it. In fact, I won't even see it for the first time until May - when I get home on leave. Until then, I'm going to hang out here with you guys during my down time from guarding the frontiers of freedom. Thanks in advance for the company.

Hey - If anyone recognizes this car, or knows anything about it let me know. And if you work for IMAGINE AUTO, heads-up, it's coming in for a check-up and dyno next week. I'm going to expect a full report!!!!

Enjoy the pics!!!

David

Attached Images      
Old 02-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Love it!!! I bet you can't wait to jump in the drivers seat!!

Old 02-26-2008, 10:30 AM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Looks beautiful. I hope you had a full PPI done before you purchased it. The guys at Chicago Motor Cars are not very honest or reputable. Be safe over there!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:02 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Nice! Welcome! Are those Champion Magnesiums?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks - Yeah had a little trouble with them. The PPI was done - but they picked the inspector and I'm 9500 miles from there. That's why its going to iA next week. I want it checked by someone I can trust. Thanks -I'll be safe.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:06 AM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
Great looking car. Thanks for doing what you do.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by CarNerd
Nice! Welcome! Are those Champion Magnesiums?
Not sure. I know they don't sell them at Tire Rack. The guys at Chicago Motorcars told me they were RUF, but I can't get any confirmation on that. I posted some close-ups on the "wheels forum."

Last edited by Insolent One; 02-26-2008 at 11:19 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:27 AM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Insolent One
Not sure. I know they don't sell them at Tire Rack. The guys at Chicago Motorcars told me they were RUF, but I can't get any confirmation on that. I posted some close-ups on the "wheels forum."
Those guys at Chicago Motors are idiots! I'm pretty sure they are Champions. Check out GMG's

Champion Motorsports Magnesium Competition Wheels FTW!

Last edited by CarNerd; 02-26-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 AM
PERFECT!!! Thank you very much. It has been driving me insane!!

Old 02-26-2008, 11:38 AM
riverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud ofriverflyer has much to be proud of
Wow, nice car. I thought the "9500" miles away was just a figure of speech until I looked at your info.
What will it be like having a fairly exotic car like this in Baghdad? You won't feel like a big target?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Nice car, congrats and welcome.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:53 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Great Car,

Congrats and welcome to the nut house.

Good luck in Iraq!!!!!

MK

Old 02-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by riverflyer
Wow, nice car. I thought the "9500" miles away was just a figure of speech until I looked at your info.
What will it be like having a fairly exotic car like this in Baghdad? You won't feel like a big target?
LOL Yeah- I just can't wait for my "armor plating" mods!!! Hope it doesn't wear out the PSS9's too fast!!!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:09 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
David,

Those are definitely not Ruf wheels.

You're in great hands with Stephen and the guys over at Imagine Auto.

All the best! Oh yea, congrats!

Old 02-26-2008, 12:11 PM
996twin_sc is infamous around these parts
Welcome.....And I know the feeling your going through, even the part of being over there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Guy = New Pics - Enjoy