997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

RSS Plenum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 03:12 PM
dduncan is infamous around these parts
RSS Plenum

Just got off the phone with Mike of AWE, he stated that Todd (also of AWE fame) had my car on and off their dyno quite a few times today. They are compliing all the data and will get me the results in the morning. The end of the day caught up with them. They were nice enough to slip my car in despite their insane spring schedlue. I want to caution everyone on speculation and though its slightly disappointing lets let the experts do their job and wait until we see the numbers. Bottom line is the results will be posted here before noon tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by dduncan; 04-16-2008 at 08:38 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-15-2008, 03:39 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dduncan
Just got off the phone with Mike of AWE, he stated that Todd (also of AWE ame) had my car on and off their dyno quite a few times today. They are compliing all the data and will get me the results in the morning. The end of the day caught up with them. They were nice enough to slip my car in despite their insane spring schedlue. I want to caution everyone on speculation and though its slightly disappointing lets let the experts do their job and wait until we see the numbers. Bottom line is the results will be posted here before noon tomorrow.

Thanks guys.
I think a number of people will agree, but your killing me. I really want to know the numbers.

Ed

Old 04-15-2008, 04:26 PM
neil.schneider has a spectacular aura aboutneil.schneider has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for taking the time and energy to do this. Looking forward to tomorrow.

Old 04-15-2008, 09:37 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
aren't you supposed to drive the car for around 50 miles before you see the result.

Old 04-16-2008, 09:18 AM
DCI
DCI is infamous around these parts
Drum roll please.......

Old 04-16-2008, 10:22 AM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Its past noon EST and I don't see anything yet...what gives? j/k. Hope you have the results up soon!

Old 04-16-2008, 11:34 AM
dduncan is infamous around these parts
Jay, I have to hop a plane to EDmonton... crisis... been in board meeting all monring over same issue. Not had time to return calls from AWE..have not recieved email from them. Its a 4.5 hr + trip .. check in tonignt . typing this on my mororala q .....

Old 04-16-2008, 03:24 PM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by NorthVan997C2S
I think a number of people will agree, but your killing me. I really want to know the numbers.

Ed

This is going to be good

Old 04-16-2008, 07:07 PM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
please don't make us wait another day.

Old 04-16-2008, 08:12 PM
Gpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud ofGpjli has much to be proud of
My guess is that awe is on the phone w rss trying to figure out why the results are not great. God I hate the taste of crow.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:17 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
The suspense is killing me....

Old 04-17-2008, 07:11 AM
lardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to alllardog is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gpjli
My guess is that awe is on the phone w rss trying to figure out why the results are not great. God I hate the taste of crow.

+1

Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM
FASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond reputeFASTLANE has a reputation beyond repute
Given the amount of time the results are taking I'm not expecting good news.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 AM
florindi is infamous around these parts
I will be baseline dyno'ing my car tonight and installing the plenum. I will re-dyno again after a week.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Ian_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to beholdIan_UK1 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by FASTLANE
Given the amount of time the results are taking I'm not expecting good news.
I've not seen any independent dynos of the plenum on its own so I've no idea what to expect! Seems there are one or two cynics on here that are expecting a sensational zero however.....

One of the members on Rennlist had before and after dynos done on a full 997S AWE system last year and it produced a creditable 23BHP increase at the wheels - about 28BHP crank - not bad at all.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: RSS Plenum