997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 GT2 Sport Bucket Seat feeler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 07:18 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
997 GT2 Sport Bucket Seat feeler

Hey guys,

We are starting to receive information from Porsche about the new GT2 Sport Buckets.

As you all probably know by now, these are the seats that can currently only be optioned in a new car. They are foldable bucket seats, with Carbon Fiber backs, and thorax airbags. Fitment will include all 986's, 987's, 996's, and 997's.

Now the part everyone wants to hear. For now, we're estimating pricing for a pair of black leather seats will be below $9k, which places them right in between the 996 and 997 GT3 seats we already sell. We have not talked to Porsche about Alcantara, or any colors other than black. In a few weeks they are going to start hitting our shores and I will be able to get a more solid price for you guys.

We have set ourselves up to receive the first batch that come into the states, so if you're interested in a set, PM me your name and email address. When they start to come in I will let everyone on the list know via email, and give them first crack at the seats.

Thanks guys!

Old 05-01-2008, 07:52 AM
Burnham is infamous around these parts
Wow, they are really nice..but $9k for a pair of seats is a lot of wedge (My 997 came with a pair of seats from the factory )

I have no doubt you'll sell all you get though!

Old 05-01-2008, 08:16 AM
colonel is infamous around these parts
Most people who uses GT3 seats will also put a roll bar in the back for mounting 6 points safety harness. So I wonder how usefull will the foldable buckets be, since the rear area is already limited with the roll bar? I, too, think 8k-9k is just too expensive.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:20 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Will these work with 5 Point harnesses?

Old 05-01-2008, 08:25 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
The price really isn't too bad considering there are plenty of people who are buying the $11k GT3 seats which do not recline, or have carbon fiber and airbags.

Porsche has told us that these will work with 5/6 point harnesses and will have a compatible sub mount bar (included or not, we have no idea).

Old 05-01-2008, 08:38 AM
Burnham is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
The price really isn't too bad considering there are plenty of people who are buying the $11k GT3 seats
This is true, and I know which I'd rather have. These would be great for cars with rear seats, best of both worlds.

They look the business too...

Old 05-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Da Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of lightDa Hapa is a glorious beacon of light
I sat in a set of these before buying my 2008 and was really, really impressed with them. They were very comfortable, very supportive and looked awesome.

At that time, I was told that you could not get heated seats with this option. I know that sounds candy ***... esp. since I live in S. CA... but that was a deal breaker for me after 3 years of non-heated seats in my NSX so I went with the less aggressive sport seats.

Can you now order these with the heated seats option?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:06 AM
I doubt heated seats will be an option with these guys.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 AM
colonel is infamous around these parts
what are the weight differences among 997 GT3 seats, 996 GT3 seats and 997 foldable?

I'd guess people who gets the 997 GT3 is because they are a lot lighter??? than the 996 GT3 seats and the carbon fiber?

Old 05-01-2008, 09:15 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastSteve
I doubt heated seats will be an option with these guys.
In Florida that isn't an issue, but us Canadians need those butt warmers!

There has to be a way to retrofit them

Old 05-01-2008, 02:12 PM
StrtSwpr996 is infamous around these parts
Maybe if they were like 2 grand

Old 05-01-2008, 08:11 PM
sclemmons is infamous around these parts
I do not think the heated seat is an option, if I recall from the build your own site at porsche.com.

Old 05-02-2008, 07:39 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I was on a few "Group Buy" threads for the GT2 seats, but I don't think so at $9k. They are only a $3k option from the factory, right?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:01 AM
They are a $3k option in a new car, yes. These are the prices Porsche is giving us for a retrofit.

Remember, a $3k option and a $9k aftersale are different. When you get the new car option, you are subtracting however much of the car's cost is in the stock seats (who knows how much that is...). Of course there is a markup with retrofit parts. Take a look at PCCB upgrades, or interior trim pieces.

And let's not also forget....just a few months ago the 997 GT3 seats were $19k....

Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 AM
RonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond reputeRonCT has a reputation beyond repute
I know, just feeling a little frustrated. Had they been available when I ordered my seats, I'd have gladly handed over $3k. I was thinking they would price out around $6-7k after the fact, so $9k took me by surprise. Not much of a market for my stock seats, so I'd have to hold onto them to return to stock in the event I ever sold my car, then I could sell off the slightly used GT2 seats...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 Sport Bucket Seat feeler