Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boxster S vs. S2000

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2006, 11:27 PM
burnout04 is infamous around these parts
Boxster S vs. S2000

Test drove a new S2000 today after test driving old Boxster S's and a new Boxster lately. WOW, I had read reviews comparing the two, and apparantly Clarkson LOVES the S2000, but those two cars are not in the same class. The engine in the S2000 felt very unrefined, and it was SO LOUD!!! It was fun no doubt, and better with the top down, but it didn't feel as quick or nearly as refined as the Boxster. No offense to anyone, they are great cars, but not quite up to the level as the Boxster IMHO. Oh yeah, but the shifter on the S2000 was AMAZING!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 09:40 AM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
The S2k has the best-feeling manual gearbox in any car that I have driven. Now as far as the two cars are concerned, the Honda is hardcore and requires more effort than the boxster to go fast. It has a nervous tail that could cause trouble to unexperienced drivers and in order to go fast you have to be pushing over 6k RPM. THe boxster is more relaxing, of course it is better built and more comfortable, it is more practical and it is a car that you enjoy driving rather than trashing. Donuts, burnouts and straightline are things you won't care about in the Boxster but the S2k is pretty good at... As track cars, they both achieve similar levels of performance given that they are both handicaped as roadsters.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:43 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I test drove both and Bought a Boxster S.

Old 06-08-2006, 11:14 AM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
I am a big P-car guy, but a proud owner of an S2000. There is another P-car in my near future, but I am not sure I will off the Honda. I run some track events and try to daily drive it as much as I can. There is no doubt that the appointments and fit and finish of the Boxter can not be touched by the honda, but it is a Honda! The boxter makes a better daily driver and easier to live with along with being at home at the track, but the S2000 really shines at the track offering a driver/road connection that most cars can not supply. The rawness of the S2000 is what drew me in. I spend a lot of time with many different sports car on and off the track, and every time I get back into the S2000 I am never disappointed!

Don't forget we are comparing a Honda to a Porsche!!!

Last edited by bullitt44; 06-08-2006 at 11:20 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:27 AM
bullitt44 is infamous around these partsbullitt44 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Gabriel
The S2k has the best-feeling manual gearbox in any car that I have driven. Now as far as the two cars are concerned, the Honda is hardcore and requires more effort than the boxster to go fast. It has a nervous tail that could cause trouble to unexperienced drivers and in order to go fast you have to be pushing over 6k RPM. THe boxster is more relaxing, of course it is better built and more comfortable, it is more practical and it is a car that you enjoy driving rather than trashing. Donuts, burnouts and straightline are things you won't care about in the Boxster but the S2k is pretty good at... As track cars, they both achieve similar levels of performance given that they are both handicaped as roadsters.
I agree exept for the trashing, the S a terrible drag strip car. Donuts and burnouts are definity out of the question. It was designed to go left and right not straight.

Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
On track, the Boxter is much faster than an S2000, but why would anyone want to drag a Boxter anyway? Whats the point?

Old 06-08-2006, 04:07 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
the s2000 is a fun car and it's very raw unlike the boxster it really refined.

raja

Old 06-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Banned
Benjamin Choi is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adybuncio
On track, the Boxter is much faster than an S2000, but why would anyone want to drag a Boxter anyway? Whats the point?
that's like saying your $5K engine carrera is much faster than the $20K engine Turbo at the track.

boxster S and the S2000 is an equal comparison. i'd take the s2000 everytime.

Old 06-08-2006, 05:09 PM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
The Boxster is for sure an upper lever from the S2000, which is also pretty good...indeed!
I'd go for the Porsche...

Last edited by pilone; 06-09-2006 at 09:17 AM.
Old 06-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
I loved my S2000. I'd slot it between the Box and Box S.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Gabriel is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by adybuncio
No it's not.

Old 06-08-2006, 06:40 PM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
I think he's referring to the Box S at a drag strip.

Old 06-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Banned
switchcars is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mr Kram
It's still BARELY faster....not that either car is impressive at straight line numbers....but the current Boxster S is only .3 seconds faster to 60, and both are just under 14 in the 1/4 mile. e.g......both SLOW....they're meant for cornering

Old 06-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Mr Kram

Your right, when I hear the word track I am refering to a road coarse by default.

Old 06-09-2006, 01:24 PM
Originally Posted by switchcars
It's still BARELY faster....not that either car is impressive at straight line numbers....but the current Boxster S is only .3 seconds faster to 60, and both are just under 14 in the 1/4 mile. e.g......both SLOW....they're meant for cornering
I've seen mid 13's for the Boxster S and about 14 flat for the S2000. It's obviously not a drag car, but .5 seconds is a considerable margin in a 1/4 mile drag race. Like I said, I loved my S2000 and would pick it over the standard Boxster, but I'd take the Boxster S given it's torque advantage for everyday driving.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Boxster S vs. S2000