996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

There's a TurboKiller over on another forum

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 10:04 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
There's a TurboKiller over on another forum

LOL, I was over on MBworld.org when I read this from a guy with an SL65:

"I have yet to have a decent run with a porsche with any chance of kicking my ***. I have found them to be a complete bore on the streets. Cobras are far more exciting. Maybe the few who are faster live in other parts of the planet or have modified their cars for the track only. They also may have superior handling, and have shown lower 1/4 times in the most extreme situations, but its hard to tell when they are 20 car lengths back."

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...64#post1658864

Old 07-03-2006, 10:43 PM
BLUBYOU is infamous around these parts
I guess the poor soul can't read the performance numbers shown in virtually every car magaqzine. He doesn't understand that if you've got the goods, you don't need to shout it out. If you don't, you make noises that nobody hears.

Old 07-03-2006, 10:47 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
A stock sl65 is faster then a stock tt. I ran and sl at the track .... I did 11.7s and he did 12.0s... but I had mods...

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Last edited by markski@markskituning; 07-03-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:55 PM
RennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond reputeRennTechV12 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
A tock sl65 is faster then a stock tt. I ran and sl at the track .... I did 11.7s and he did 12.0s... but I had mods...
My SL600 is faster than most modded TTs and all stock SL65s, but this guy is talking down to the turbos, I don't like that

Old 07-03-2006, 11:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
My SL600 is faster than most modded TTs and all stock SL65s, but this guy is talking down to the turbos, I don't like that
I get yeah.... well if hes in ur neck of the woods... get him. LOL

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 07-03-2006, 11:11 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by RennTechV12
Exactly! Go get him

Old 07-04-2006, 12:09 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
well I drive my dads sl600 all the time, its nice for about 15 minutes before you get bored going straight then all its good for is drifting

Old 07-04-2006, 12:21 AM
Me_qwkr is infamous around these parts
hey tell the guy i got a little car from japan built in 92 that i will give him 3 lenghts tell him they call it the OG Godzilla...... and still win by more than 3 lenghts...oh and just to let you know SL55 are SLOW... HELLA SLOW...my Turbo S was all over the one next door... As for an SL65 i have no idea but i totally was all over an S65 on the 101 freeway at like 7am one day...I will give credit that the AMG cars are great...but WAY OVER PRICED... SL55 new is like 150 or so...2 day old SL55 with 100miles is like 98k...HMMM...at the end of the day rather have my sleek non eye catchy Turbo over the heavily owned easy to obtain MB... I will say though back in High School i use to have a Renntech modded SLK...now those guys got their **** together....

Old 07-04-2006, 02:30 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
I want to see all these cars on track, so that would make this lagit. who cares about straights, bring em to a fast track with tight corners...

Old 07-04-2006, 07:38 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
I like the guy who brags about his kills driving an automatic. If they hit 100 between stop signs about 1/4 mile and were able to stop it seems to me they are awfully skilled and monsterous idiots. I've never seen stop signs anywhere it wasn't real residential. Those of you who race or do 1/4s know the importance of a good start. An unskilled driver like me (and most others) will loose to far "slower" cars in short distances b/c you can't overcome the start unless there is a huge HP advantage. It might be old but I posted this in the OT recently and shows how to spot a lead and then reel someone in:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/40935/bmw_from_hell/

Old 07-04-2006, 08:52 AM
4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future4Wheels has a brilliant future
8.84 sec @ 158 for that Bimmer. Holy crap.

Old 07-04-2006, 09:01 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
LOL. Looks like between you, Hamann, and Craig...he's getting squashed.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 07-04-2006 at 10:32 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
His statement is bold and crass and he is more then likley a pompus idiot however he is correct a stock SL65 is faster then a stock turbo and probably a GT2 so once again it goes back to the XICO and ENZO story if you compare you need to do apples to apples and in that area no turbo will keep up with him. Renntech or Craig or all the heavily modded turbos on this board will smoke his *** every way until Sunday, now lets discuss the first turn of the stock to stock race when the front engine heavy SL hits the wall and the Porsche drives right by

Last edited by Marc; 07-04-2006 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:02 AM
JR.
Banned
JR. is infamous around these parts
last summer, i was tooling along a suburban chicago expressway, minding my own business... up ahead, a tricked out new Mustang was merging on with a lot of speed and exhaust note.. (loud exhaust, that sounded great) i caught up to her and we quickly drove to a stop light.. she was the first car in her lane and i was the first car in mine.. there was no doubt that we would drive as quickly as we could (safely) to the next stop light.. ( 2 miles) i had a slow Jag convertible at the time and knew i was outgunned, so i quietly brake torqued the car and let it rip just before the light turned green.. unfortunately, she blew my doors off and looked good doing it.. . i weaved thru some traffic and again caught up with her, but the same result.. she had a highly modified car, knew how to drive it, and on this day, i was driving the wrong car.. at the third stoplight, i pulled alongside her and we started laughing and chatting.. she told me it was her husbands' car and that she liked to drive it.. i wanted to ask if she could hang around for a few minutes so i could run home a grab my turbo or one of my bikes, but it was pointless. ... as i drove home, i had a huge smile on my face thinking about this hot babe banging gears in my neighborhood..
this summer i have a little faster car.. and i have these thoughts..
i am glad that mercedes/amg have produced engines with the kind of horsepower and torque that they do.. what a glorious time to own and drive cars like these..
RennTech V12,
there is a reason your screen name is what it is.. but i suspect you might change it to: Evoms GT2 700
ttgangsta,
the first thing that i do when i get in any car is turn off the traction.. in any MB AMG car, this equates fun.. great fun... whether from a standstill or driving (in 1st gear) along at 20 mpg, standing on the gas produces immediate wheelspin while the car car shifts into the next gear at redline.. my turbo is fun but make no mistake, these MB ARE fun and quite luxurious.. you cannot drive this car without a smile on your face.. i chuckle like a 12 year old... to drive around in a 500 - 600 hp convertible is the only way to go.. i have said this before but in my mind, the AMG SL's are more bang for the buck than a Porsche TT.. don't knock one unless you try one..
Red Devil,
i love the Porsche tiptronic and what seems to be the very same transmission in my MB.. once Porsche perfects the DSG transmission for high horsepower, i am quite sure that manual transmissions will be far and few between...
obviously, Porsches generally, are faster than Mercedes.. But MB/AMG is serious about their horsepower.. imagine what kind of power a tuned 65 can produce.. 700 hp and 900 + lbs. of torque.. not bad for an old man's car.. (not referring to you, RennTech V12) Gee, do we know anyone that has one or two?
at the end of the day, i want a "fast" car or two..but really what it is all about is putting a smile on my face.. and all of these cars do that.. Now if i REALLY want to put a smile on my face, i walk past some pretty cool cars in my garage and hop on a REALLY fast motorcycle.. talk about bang for your buck, smiles on your face and blowing off most Porsche turbos..
notice the Bill Clinton semantic.. i said most..

Last edited by JR.; 07-04-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
LOL. Looks like between you, Hamann, and Craig...he's getting squashed.
I would love to see him come up against you and you Protomotive 996TT, something tells me that he wouldn't be so quick to post the results

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: There's a TurboKiller over on another forum