Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

56hp and 84lbs tq for $1,200!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
56hp and 84lbs tq for $1,200!

Doesn't seem right for a simple crank pulley, does it?

To be fair, I did replace the I/C pump between dynos, so these numbers are somewhat exaggerated - but not by much.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:29 AM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
What setup did you get for $1200?

Old 01-25-2007, 01:49 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
If your crank pulley is overdriving the supercharger, thereby increasing the boost pressure inside the manifold, then yes, it makes perfect sense.

Old 01-25-2007, 04:14 AM
supranick750hp is infamous around these parts
you are right, makes perfect sense for this power +

Old 01-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Banned
eurotekm3 is infamous around these parts
what kinda pulleys did u get ?

Old 01-25-2007, 07:57 AM
It's an ASP pulley.

My comment was really intended to convey the idea that for $1,200, that kind of power increase is a huge bargain compared to the general cost experienced for an ECU, headers, turbos, intake, etc.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:02 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Thats very good, For just a Crank Pulley. Any other modifications planned ?

Old 01-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Fair warning, if you decide to do internal engine work, and continue to use that pulley, the CL and CLS have issues with creating too much boost with other modifcations and the use of the pulley, causing oil leaks...more like pissing. Your valve cover gaskets will literally blow, and can eventually even cause a headgasket leak.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by HD Jimbo
Fair warning, if you decide to do internal engine work, and continue to use that pulley, the CL and CLS have issues with creating too much boost with other modifcations and the use of the pulley, causing oil leaks...more like pissing. Your valve cover gaskets will literally blow, and can eventually even cause a headgasket leak.
HD, is your detailed comment based on personal experience?

There are quite a few CL's, CLS's, SL's and E's that use the same engine/pulley and I haven't heard of this type of failure. What you say is logical but I haven't seen any user complaints.

Meanmachine, maybe a throtlle body, maybe a switch to an SL55. I'm unsure.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Jimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud ofJimbo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by DFW911T
HD, is your detailed comment based on personal experience?

There are quite a few CL's, CLS's, SL's and E's that use the same engine/pulley and I haven't heard of this type of failure. What you say is logical but I haven't seen any user complaints.

Meanmachine, maybe a throtlle body, maybe a switch to an SL55. I'm unsure.
This is from personal experience with one that had pulley, cams, throttle body, ecu, headers, etc. on it.

Old 01-25-2007, 09:37 AM
This is from personal experience with one that had pulley, cams, throttle body, ecu, headers, etc. on it.
Yikes!
How many miles did it take to see the problem?

Did you assemble your own system or was it from the Florida tuner or Colorado?

Old 01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
It has been having problems since about 4,000 miles. You have a PM.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
Banned
eurotekm3 is infamous around these parts
It has been having problems since about 4,000 miles. You have a PM.

hey Jimbo, what kinda kleeman part do they make for a C32 AMG ? ... I might be buying one soon.....

Old 01-25-2007, 11:12 AM
What don't they make for the C32? PM Me.

Old 01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
I dont see how "internal engine work" will create a higher boost pressure as to make it detrimental, as well the only internal mod available are camshafts. I have been following the evolution of the 55Kompressor motor intimately since its inception, and Iam unaware of the situation you explain above. Since you have firsthand knowledge, maybe you can share so others who modify their cars can share from your data?

J.Wade

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 56hp and 84lbs tq for $1,200!