Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997gt3 Lemon! ! !

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2007, 09:27 AM
AzGT3 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down 997gt3 Lemon! ! !

So far my new car is a LEMON. Towed in at 60 miles after blowing all cooling fluid. Paint peeling off front bumper cover in 3 inch chunks. Both front schocks need to be replaced because they clunck on any bump. The gas guage is useless because when it says empty it can only take 12.5 gal. Rattles in the doors and dash. It has been to the dealer 5 times in two months of ownership of ownership. Anybody else have this leval of frustration?

Old 02-24-2007, 09:29 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Damn brother...very sorry to hear that. I hope Porsche does right by you and that yours is just an anomaly.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:25 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
holy crap! Hope they give you a new car or your money back......
After that be sure to post the vin# so no-one buys a fixed up GT3 here

Old 02-24-2007, 11:00 AM
DavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud ofDavidS has much to be proud of
That car just screams LEMON. I hope you get a new one.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:09 AM
PTarga is infamous around these parts
Must have been a Friday build. I went through a similar experience with BMW, and they eventually bought the car back. Definitely give PNA a call.

Old 02-24-2007, 11:29 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
WOW man, that is absolutely insane, something no one should have to go through with a brand new car

Old 02-24-2007, 11:48 AM
frayed is infamous around these parts
That's pretty crazy. So many unrelated flaws really has to make you wonder about the car. The paint peeling on a 120k car is pure insanity.

Old 02-24-2007, 12:48 PM
cnc
Awaiting Email Confirmation
cnc is infamous around these parts
Did the cooling fluid problem cause the paint to peel?

Old 02-24-2007, 12:51 PM
boston 7777 is infamous around these parts
I had my **** box M5 lemon lawed... Just start the complaining to your dealer....also make sure you research the law in your area and email Porsche as well as your dealer expressing your knowledge of the law... I believe many online sites have pre-writen lemon law letters... its always good too do it officially..

MT

Old 02-24-2007, 12:54 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Mike whats with the web-link?

Old 02-24-2007, 12:55 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
What do the dealer do w/ the Lemon cars once taken back? Sell them to someone else??

Old 02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Make sure to keep records of all the services, and compile a list of everything that's gone wrong or is wrong with the car. In these types of situations documentation can make all the difference.

Old 02-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Steve B in SD is infamous around these parts
They end up at auction, then at used car dealers. That's why I ALWAYS prefer to buy from a private party (enthusiast) seller. I prefer to meet the person who owned & drove the car to get a feel for how it was cared for and any history.

For instance-- I bought my car from the original owner who special ordered it from Champion in Florida. All original order sheets, invoices, etc., were included. I spent a lot of time talking with the owner, and had the car checked out at the local Porsche dealer. The guy was on a first name basis with several people at the dealership.

I know this is really no guarantee of anything, but I figure it's a lot better than a car off of a lot that was purchased at auction and the only goal is to move it out at maximum profit.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:01 PM
retsel75 is infamous around these parts
997 GT-3 problems

Sorry to hear of your problems. I just have 400 miles on my 997 GT-3 and live in the north east, lot's of weather and not had time to put on mileage. The only issue i have that may resolve itself with warm weather is a very difficult 2nd to 3rd shift, extremely stiff. Other wise it rides fine with no rattles. It far superior to my previous 996 GT-3. Your problems almost describe front end damage, did this car had an accident, i would check it out carefully. Good luck.

Old 02-24-2007, 02:02 PM
asdspeed is infamous around these parts
The expereince you are having sounds very close to my Cayman S that was in the shop for a total of 51 days, power steering failures and preasure plate coming loose.I feel your pain but you need to call Porsche of N.A immediately so this problem can be solved right away.They would rather you call them then have to here about it on the fourms.Like BMW of N.A had to here about it with the S54 M3 engine failures.They will take care of you I'm certain of that .Good luck

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997gt3 Lemon! ! !