996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

08' Turbo Track Takeover

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 05:14 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
08' Turbo Track Takeover

We've been talking about it for some time and I think and event like this needs planning WELL in advanced. The idea is a turbo gathering at the track (road course) of our choice, it may be better to have an east coast and west coast version. But now is the time to start brainstorming for next year. I think Road Atlanta , VIR, Something in the central eastern area would be good for the east coasters. Open to suggestions though. Once we decide the track, we finalize a day.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 PM
atlshaver has a spectacular aura aboutatlshaver has a spectacular aura about
Sounds perfect - I will certainly be there.

Old 05-31-2007, 08:11 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by heavychevy
We've been talking about it for some time and I think and event like this needs planning WELL in advanced. The idea is a turbo gathering at the track (road course) of our choice, it may be better to have an east coast and west coast version. But now is the time to start brainstorming for next year. I think Road Atlanta , VIR, Something in the central eastern area would be good for the east coasters. Open to suggestions though. Once we decide the track, we finalize a day.

VIR and Im THERE...

Old 05-31-2007, 08:32 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Wouldnt everyone rather swing some nuts in Vegas and go for a lame
drive???

Track idea sounds great!! Road America baby !!!!

MK

Old 05-31-2007, 08:36 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
that MAY be a bit far north for some...but who knows...

WE NEED A POLE!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 01:32 AM
notquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud ofnotquitefob has much to be proud of
if it's not unreasonably far; < 5 hr caravan, sign me up !

Old 06-01-2007, 02:14 AM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Hmmm, I love Pahrump (Spring Mtn.) or Big Willow OR....LAGUNA SECA!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 06:19 AM
i WISH!

I was at LS last year and had a blast doing a skip barber program...going down the corkscrew is really surreal after watching all those races...

Old 06-01-2007, 09:20 AM
MidnighTT is infamous around these parts
How 'bout a poll for guys to list what part of the country they're in? Laguna Seca would be awesome, but it's not exactly "central". OTOH, if most of those on the left side of the country were clustered along the coast, maybe it would work out.

I've heard that the course in Fernley, NV, has progressed to the point of being interesting, FWIW. Would anyone east of the Rockies drive that far?

Jeff

Old 06-08-2007, 10:49 AM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Road Atlanta, can naturally aspirated cars show up?

Old 06-08-2007, 02:21 PM
Bill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud ofBill in Atlanta has much to be proud of
My car might get dirty if I took it to the track

Bill

Old 06-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Banned
Neil@Orton is infamous around these parts
Bill your cars never see daylight.

Old 07-06-2007, 10:31 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Ok I think wwe may have something going finally, I have recruited some folks from the other forums by p.m. and we should be able to garner enough interest to do a 6speed east coast track day, all Pcars welcome. I like it better that way anyways, more p cars to love. So we'll be working out the details pretty soon here but I'm really thinking we shoud try VIR or Road Atlanta from a geographical stand point being two of the premier east coast tracks as well. I'll just start a list for vehicles (only) who would like to drive at the event. The date would be spring of 08' so we have plenty of time to make to get the track, reservation and date optimal.

1) Heavychevy

Old 07-06-2007, 11:14 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
2) I'm in would prefer Road Atlanta.

Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
3)Sechsgang-And I, contrary to T Kerr, prefer VIR

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 08' Turbo Track Takeover