Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

New Ca DMV laws.. For my fellow 6speeders

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
New Ca DMV laws.. For my fellow 6speeders

Hey guys

Just thought I would share with those of you who are in our lovely state of Ca.

1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271 posted
on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be
double. 3rd time triple, and 4th time license suspended.

2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.

3. Block intersection - $485

4. Driving on the shoulder - $450

5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 07/01/07.
Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.

6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets .

7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit. ( WHOOPS!!!_ LOLOL)

8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)

9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.
Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:07 PM
ctzn is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the heads up, I will have to keep a list in my car of things not to do.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:11 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-22-2007, 12:12 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like the cops have their priorities straight...bust drivers instead of criminal taking advantage of innocent civilians one way or another...

Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 PM
bavariamotorist is infamous around these parts
I've always wondered, since NY has had the hands free phone thing for years now, If I hold the phone between my cheek and shoulder, is that technically "hands free"?

Old 06-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Formula1 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for clearing that up. I knew that it sounded fishy as the hands free thing doesn't come in until 2008 and no official would ever recommend going over the speed limit, even if by 3 MPH.

Old 06-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Spencer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bavariamotorist
I've always wondered, since NY has had the hands free phone thing for years now, If I hold the phone between my cheek and shoulder, is that technically "hands free"?

I'd love to give a cop that excuse.

I guess this is CA's way of generating more revenue, rather than simply cutting all that worthless spending. I've got to say, I do agree with the cell phone law, its rediculous how many horrible drivers are on their cell phones all the time.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
I wasnt sure myself. Someone passed it on to me..
Take it for what it is.

Old 06-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Zeus has a spectacular aura aboutZeus has a spectacular aura about
Urban Legend or not, the fact is more & more everyday in the US, UK, Canada, EU, etc...you will find that essentially every "democratic" country in the world are adopting legislation to further "demonize" the automobile and drivers.

Notice more & more posts/news stories everwhere about how many more cops are on the road (speed camaras in the UK) and how many more people are getting tickets?

Here's one from Canada today:
http://www.leftlanenews.com/canadian...fied-cars.html

Daily from the U.K.:
Try: http://www.pistonheads.com/

I could go on, but this isn't too good for anyone's stress level...pretty soon you could get a ticket for using too much toiletpaper to wipe your ****. What? Wait a minute, never mind: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6583067.stm

Last edited by Zeus; 06-22-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Josh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the roughJosh is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by bavariamotorist

The funny thing is, since they put that law into effect in NY, more people talk on their cell phone while driving than ever before.

Old 06-22-2007, 10:39 PM
fixedupw203 is infamous around these parts
6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets .
This is unfortunatly right! I always thought that as long as the passengers were over 18 that they were responsible from themselves and if pulled over they would only get the seatbelt ticket. Well to my amusement, while driving (destination was only a few blocks away) I had my seatbelt on but my passenger did not and we both got tickets!!! I fought the damn thing and the cop didn't show up so I won.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:58 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info. Good to be informed.

DM

Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Banned
vincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to beholdvincenzina is a splendid one to behold
Well.......

Do these new laws apply to Paris Hilton also, or is she excempt?? ..

Old 06-23-2007, 05:27 PM
TT Tommy is infamous around these parts
My daughters friend gave me to pick up my car last week and she wasTEXTING while she was driving!!!

I calmly informed her that this may be a TAD bit dangerous. Oh yeah, we were on the freeway.

TW

Old 06-23-2007, 10:22 PM
super996TT is infamous around these parts
Is it true that a carpool violation does not put a point on your record?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Ca DMV laws.. For my fellow 6speeders