Wheels/Tires
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OZ Superleggera III disassembly and rebuild finished!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2007 | 07:10 PM
|
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !
OZ Superleggera III disassembly and rebuild finished!

I have a set of OZ Supperleggera III's that are my track wheels, and now they are in need of refinishing. I need to disassemble these wheels but it has a special 10point spline tools to remove the centers from the barrels.

I need help locating this tool, or locating a company that has the tool and can handle the refinishing project. Another alternative is to swipe some of my sons plato to make a mold and take that to a machine shop

The wheel sizes are 18x13r and 18x10f.

Please post any info you think would be beneficial.

Mike

Last edited by FLT6SPD; 09-13-2007 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-13-2007 | 07:15 PM
|
FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !FLT6SPD Is a GOD !

Old 09-14-2007 | 10:26 AM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Mike -

We can dis-assemble them here for you, send you the parts for refurbish, and put them back together together for you when they are finished. We will not sell the tool to take them apart as there is a technique and proper equipment necessary to put them back together. You won't get them put back together correctly without it.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp

Last edited by damon@tirerack; 09-14-2007 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-21-2008 | 03:27 PM
|
This was a project I initiated back in 10/07. The wheels where in need of refinishing so I contacted Damon with Tire Rack and he took care of project with confidence and kept the constant back and forth shipping under control. After a bit of research on my end I found that TR is the official assembler for OZ in north America and has all the specialized equipment required for proper assembly. I could of used a local wheel repair shop but had more confidence in Damon and TR, as you see on the first page the wheels came back with wheel assembly certs., which makes me feel comfortable on the street and track.

After they came back from TR I put them in my media blaster which was a long and tedious job. After I finished blasting the wheels I have a new respect for the build quality of OZ wheels. It took two full days to strip all the finish.

They where now ready for powder.

Old 02-21-2008 | 03:28 PM
|
continued...

Here is the almost finished product.

After I got all the pieces they where shipped back to TR for reassembly with new titanium hardware and a fresh set of Michelin Pilot Sport PS2's.

Special thanks to Damon and Tire Rack for taking on this project. Logistically it was a bunch of back and fourth shipping, labor, delivery, pickup, more labor, and finally a few $$$$ but in the end I am pleased with the results.

Last edited by FLT6SPD; 02-21-2008 at 03:34 PM.
Old 02-21-2008 | 03:29 PM
|
This is the current setup, I just finished my custom OZ wheel project 18x10 & 18x13

Last edited by FLT6SPD; 02-21-2008 at 03:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2008 | 03:30 PM
|

Old 02-21-2008 | 03:30 PM
|
Here is the retired setup...

Old 02-21-2008 | 03:31 PM
|

Old 02-21-2008 | 04:07 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
wow great post!

Old 02-21-2008 | 06:50 PM
Geoff is infamous around these partsGeoff is infamous around these parts
for others looking at this thread in the future, you can get the tool from: http://www.titanium-touch.de/werkzeuge_uk.html

but as said above, i wouldn't buy it if you don't know how to use it

Old 02-21-2008 | 08:49 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Geoff
for others looking at this thread in the future, you can get the tool from: http://www.titanium-touch.de/werkzeuge_uk.html

but as said above, i wouldn't buy it if you don't know how to use it
Now you just need the 20k electric torque wrench we use to go with it.....

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 02-21-2008 | 09:02 PM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
EXCELLENT post.

It's when I see posts like this that I wish the rep point system was still around.

Great job ISIS and the Tire Rack.

Old 02-22-2008 | 12:04 AM
taco is infamous around these parts
WoW!

Old 02-23-2008 | 12:05 AM
mfletch is infamous around these parts
ISIS, thanks for sharing the pictures of your wheel rebuild. They look fantastic. I just bought a set of used Kinesis wheels and I have to get 2 of them refinished. Your post was very timely for me.

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: OZ Superleggera III disassembly and rebuild finished!