996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

August 22nd Private Porsche Track Day for Porsches/6Speed Members

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2004, 06:49 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Norcal versus SoCal:August 22nd Private Porsche Track Day for Porsches/6Speed Members

Hi guys/gals,

Sorry to break it you but I do not feel comfortable going through with the event. I know the notice was too short for many of you but it's proving to be very difficult to get all of the necessary track equipment, insurance, workers, instructors, meals and extras done in time. I don't want to put any of you at risk and I think on my part it was probably just unrealistic to organize such an event with only 7 days. I'm going to be giving each of the seven guys that paid a full refund and a phone call to explain the situation. Please accept my appologies and for the future I'm going to set aside at least 2 months to enable to proper planning. Enthusiasm looks to have gotten the better of me this time

Sorry and let's hope for better next time!

Hi guys/gals,

After having such a fun day at Thunderhill we were toying with having another track event before the year ends. As luck would have it, an opportunity came up to do it on a Weekend of all things! So we snapped it up again. I'm going to get to the point here and fast because we have limited spots open for August 22nd, which is a Sunday instead of a week day. I know the notice is short but Buttonwillow just off of the I-5 in central California is a fun/safe track (I like it even more than Thunderhill) and to be able do this on a Sunday is highly unusual due to a cancellation. As I said we're keeping this small in order to maximize on-track time and hence there aren't many open slots left. If you want to sign up just drop me a line to alex@akkuratpgi.com or just respond to this thread. I'd love to see some of the Norcal meets Socal since it's not far from LA (that means you Tyson!).

So far on the list we have:
THE CHICKEN
Fred
Robyn
Kirby
Me
Sean (seh1)
Brian
George
James
Dave P
Dave H
Tyronne
Doug Blessing
Kevin Reynolds
Pete F
Pete T
Ken
Hamman7
Richard Abbott - GT2

Just FYI it takes about 2 hours 30 mins (slightly less than Thunderhill) from San Jose and about 1.5 hours from LA.

Of course we can cover the track inspections and all of that...

The cost is $185 per person. Payment can be done via Paypal to sales@akkuratpgi.com or with VISA/AMEX/Mastercard by calling in to 650-381-0000,

Thanks and hurry while space is open....

126 miles north of downtown Los Angeles
196 miles south of San Jose
28 miles northwest of Bakersfield
1/2 miles west of I-5 on Lerdo Highway
60 miles from Paso Robles "Wine Country" and gateway to central coast recreation

HOTEL INFO:
RobynC did some leg work and got us a killer rate under "6speed". These are brand new rooms, courtyard view, triple A approved (balla approved) and $45 a night. Just you're part of "6Speed" when you call to make the reservation...Robyn set aside 20 rooms. Queen deluxe, two queens or king rooms available.

WILLOW INN
20645 Tracy Rd.
Buttonwillow, CA 93206
661-764-5121
David Webb - Gen. Manager

Last edited by sharkster; 08-18-2004 at 05:58 AM.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:57 AM
JakeMate is infamous around these parts
I would definitely be in if I didn't have an Open Road Race that weekend.

I'll hit the next one.

Old 08-14-2004, 07:01 AM
seh1 is infamous around these parts
22nd Buttonwillow

Sharky,

Count me in. Sent you a PM.

Best,

Sean

Old 08-14-2004, 07:04 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Hi Sean. I got you down of course Glad to have you!

Old 08-14-2004, 01:39 PM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
oo ooo

Do I have to let you know right away? I'm trying to get my oil cooler installed that weekend and will go if I get it done in time.

I assume that corner workers will be around as well as emergency services.

Old 08-14-2004, 02:02 PM
L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !L8Apex Is a GOD !
Sharky,

Count me in!

Few questions:

Can we get Saturday also?

Would it be alright if my brother brings his Lotus Exige?

Is anyone staying at a hotel on Saturday? If so which one?

So. CA guys, How about a caravan?

Cheers!

Old 08-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by L8Apex
Sharky,

Count me in!

Few questions:

Cheers!
L8Apex, we'll be there Saturday night but it's a Sunday only. Robyn is doing some of the leg work on the hotels and getting us a special rate once we figure that out.

Is it ok to bring the EXIGE? You can ONLY come _if_ he brings the EXIGE Myself and James are big Lotus fans so we want to see it run!

Old 08-14-2004, 11:01 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Alex, I am sending an email to the folks who attended the August 9th track day.

Guys, lets make this a NOR CAL meets SO CAL meet.

Tyson, can you round up some So Cal troops? Thanks.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Thanks Fred, I tried to get a hold of you yesterday but your phone was out of action That's exactly what I was thinking man... Let's get these SoCal blingers up here

Old 08-15-2004, 12:21 AM
CAP
CAP is infamous around these parts
If there's still space, I'd like to join you guys.

Old 08-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by CAP
If there's still space, I'd like to join you guys.
Sign in CAP and you're in

Old 08-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by icerbofh
oo ooo

Do I have to let you know right away? I'm trying to get my oil cooler installed that weekend and will go if I get it done in time.

I assume that corner workers will be around as well as emergency services.
ASAP as it's filling up soooo fast... Ambulances etc... are on tap.

Old 08-15-2004, 01:22 AM
Porsche Chick
RobynC is infamous around these partsRobynC is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by L8Apex
Sharky,

Count me in!

Few questions:

Cheers!
Check out the BW website at www.buttonwillowraceway.com if you get a chance. Saturday is booked by the track themselves as they do a Performance Driving clinic.

As Alex mentioned, I am working on logistics, more to come on hotel information.

Old 08-15-2004, 01:45 AM
nman413 is infamous around these parts
Hey sharky, could i get a refund if it turns out I cant make it due to my car being apart?

If so, I have no problem going ahead and signing up....

Old 08-15-2004, 01:59 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
This looks like a great event Alex - post it in the schedualed event section

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: August 22nd Private Porsche Track Day for Porsches/6Speed Members