Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

TechArt Lowering module for air suspension

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 02:42 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Angry TechArt Lowering module for air suspension

I got my Techart module but it is not plug and play as stated on their website.

I did the plug and play control unit swap myself(easy) but the next part I cannot do without the dealers help (EEK!)

The manual suggests installing the unit with the Cayenne in normal mode parked on a level surface. Then turn the ignition on and using the PST2 or PIWIS Porsche tester go to automatic level control, enter the security code and under calibration learn the new height.

Then the Cayenne should automatically go to the lower position then back to normal.

Then you measure from specific points on the front and rear axel on both sides and enter these values into the system tester for FL/FR/RL/RR.

After this you need a 4 wheel alignment to Porsche factory specs.

Based on the amount of work I had to do to figure all this out and get an updated(and English!) version of the manual, I am guessing I am one of very few in the US to do this mod.

I tried to find out if the Cargraphic unit needs dealer involvement, but I don't have an answer yet....

So I went to the dealer today, and it looks like I will be returning my TechArt module. Dealer was not very friendly towards doing this for me, and said that they worry about law suit should the suspension fail and I crash. Without them I cannot use the module. I don't know WTF TechArt or other places are thinking selling something like this that requires the dealer. I know in Europe they are much more friendly about this, but they should have designed it differently for the US.

I am in the process of trying to figure out a solution or if another brands unit is truly plug and play, but I am guessing none will be....

This really sucks because unlike steel springs on the lower cayenne models, we turbos and Cayenne S'(with the air suspention option) cannot just swap springs....

I'll post updates, and if anyone else has paved the way before me on this please post!

Thanks.

Old 09-11-2004, 03:27 AM
JoeG is infamous around these parts
Jenner,
Having used the Cargraphic lowering module in my 03' as well as 04' CT I can say the installation is pretty straight forward. There was no dealer involvement needed in the installation. Once the lowering module harness was spliced into the factory harness the vehicle immediately lowered.
Maybe Erik can shed some light on the actual wiring process.
I never aligned the CT after the installation and have managed normal tire wear with 12k miles.
The cockpit by-pass switch is cool too.

Joe

Old 09-11-2004, 03:59 AM
Jenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud ofJenner has much to be proud of
Woah...while the cargraphic unit sounds great(no dealer) splicing into the wiring harness DOES NOT!

It doesn't come with a pre fab "piggy back"wiring harness that plugs in both modules for that price?!?!? You have to manually cut, solder and splice? No thanks!

Damn that means two are out of the picture....anyone know anything about H&R or a Gemballa unit?

What exactly does the switch under the dash do? Just go back to stock with a flip?

Last edited by Jenner; 09-11-2004 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-11-2004, 04:30 AM
Why the huge problem with the cut and splice?

When i got rid of my 03 CT removal of lowering module for return to stock took no time at all.

The amount of cutting, splicing and soldering was 10 fold for the installation of stereo upgrades in the cayenne.

The gemballa & H/R units also use the same splice in installation.

Joe

Old 09-11-2004, 04:32 AM
Ugh...thanks for the info Joe.

Guess I have some decisions to make. Where did you order your cargraphic unit.

Looking at the techart/stock ecu does this mean that every contact pin wire would need splicing(25-50 wires?)

Old 09-11-2004, 04:37 AM
Jenner,
I got mine from Erik at cargraphic. I live a few minutes away from them, he did the install as well. 732-826-1002

pull the trigger, you wont be disapointed

Joe

Old 09-11-2004, 06:55 AM
Joe, Cargraphic doesn't say where they are located on their website(website design 101!). Based on the domain registration info from network solutions they are in NJ or NY or Long Island.

Where did you go for Erik to do the install and how long did it take and what did it cost all said and done?

Thanks!

Old 09-11-2004, 07:07 AM
Jenner,
They are in Perth Amboy NJ

Here is the adress,

611 SAYRE AVE
PERTH AMBOY NJ 08861
732-826-1002

I think i paid around 1700.00 for the module and 1-2 hours for install.

Joe

Old 09-11-2004, 07:13 AM
Cool, that's cheaper than the TechArt without install. Maybe I'll have to take a road trip

Joe, thanks for your time and of course all the info!

Old 09-11-2004, 07:14 AM
No problem.

Old 09-11-2004, 11:00 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
jenner,
would like to know where u get the Techart from. don't know if u were informed or u got the right part. Techart module has 2 different softwares for the car. the earlier one will not work on ur car.

shoot me a PM with ur VIN no. i can find out on Monday if it's the right one. most likely u have the wrong one.

Old 09-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Re: TechArt Lowering module for air suspension

Originally posted by jenner
I got my Techart module but it is not plug and play as stated on their website.

I did the plug and play control unit swap myself(easy) but the next part I cannot do without the dealers help (EEK!)

The manual suggests installing the unit with the Cayenne in normal mode parked on a level surface. Then turn the ignition on and using the PST2 or PIWIS Porsche tester go to automatic level control, enter the security code and under calibration learn the new height.

Then the Cayenne should automatically go to the lower position then back to normal.

Then you measure from specific points on the front and rear axel on both sides and enter these values into the system tester for FL/FR/RL/RR.

After this you need a 4 wheel alignment to Porsche factory specs.

Based on the amount of work I had to do to figure all this out and get an updated(and English!) version of the manual, I am guessing I am one of very few in the US to do this mod.

I tried to find out if the Cargraphic unit needs dealer involvement, but I don't have an answer yet....

So I went to the dealer today, and it looks like I will be returning my TechArt module. Dealer was not very friendly towards doing this for me, and said that they worry about law suit should the suspension fail and I crash. Without them I cannot use the module. I don't know WTF TechArt or other places are thinking selling something like this that requires the dealer. I know in Europe they are much more friendly about this, but they should have designed it differently for the US.

I am in the process of trying to figure out a solution or if another brands unit is truly plug and play, but I am guessing none will be....

This really sucks because unlike steel springs on the lower cayenne models, we turbos and Cayenne S'(with the air suspention option) cannot just swap springs....

I'll post updates, and if anyone else has paved the way before me on this please post!

Thanks.
Jenner,

The nice thing about our module is the ease of which you are able to install and replace. Wiring sometimes scares people but it is simple electronics.. Nothing voltage sensative. The Techart unit was certainly developed for a much freindlier European market. If you have any other questions give Erik a call. He has become somewhat of an expert on these.. He has the install time down to just under an hour. We also have many dealers that have done installations. there may be one in your area

Old 09-11-2004, 07:03 PM
20C4S, as you can see I have the "280" module and for my VIN it is the correct one as this was doubled checked twice. But here it is again for a third check:
WP1AC29P14LA94125

From what I learned the "270" part number is the wrong number. I got it from techart europe, and emailed with them back and forth multiple times.

But I don't see how getting the right module, would allow me to install this without the dealer, just based on their instructions alone.

I will call Erik, once I get my TechArt unit returned and refunded!

Old 09-12-2004, 08:57 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
some of the newer modules are rumored not to work - apparently the software with the higher VINs is not quite perfected

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 09-13-2004, 03:20 AM
Former Vendor
HZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to beholdHZ@RSC is a splendid one to behold
Originally posted by lee2375
some of the newer modules are rumored not to work - apparently the software with the higher VINs is not quite perfected
You are correct Peter,

The is a VIN split 1/2 way through MY04. Providing a VIN # when ordering takes care of the issue