Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

summary of consumable and excess labor time for CGT -- ben??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 12:00 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
summary of consumable and excess labor time for CGT -- ben??

hey ben, et al.

can you summarise the consumables costs and labor for things you've needed on your CGT [you mentioned to me yesterday]?

and comment on daily driveability?

Old 05-29-2005, 02:01 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: summary of consumable and excess labor time for CGT -- ben??

Originally posted by watt
hey ben, et al.

can you summarise the consumables costs and labor for things you've needed on your CGT [you mentioned to me yesterday]?

and comment on daily driveability?
pads are only $350/axle including dampers. however, book rate for changing the fronts is 2 hours!

tires are only $1435 (including shipping from tirerack), but the dealer gets 2.7 hours for mounting and balancing (they have a monopoly on the lift process). with any luck, your dealer will treat you better and cut you some major slack on the pad labor if you are getting tires put on at the same time since well over 75% of the 2 hour book rate is jacking the car and removing and retorquing the wheels. i've referred 4 CGT buyers to this dealer though so i don't know what it takes to get treated right.

i know of more than one person whose tires and brakes look like new after 4k miles though so i'm majorly an aboration. then again, my pads and tires on the stradale looked like new (save for scrubbing at the edge) after 1600 miles (1500 ish from me) and my 2nd set of pads on the CGT is looking cruddy after 1k miles already (first set made it 2500, but that obviously includes the break in), and this time i need all four pads. fwiw, i drove the stradale in the same manner i drive the CGT.

bottomline, it's doubtful you're gonna go through tires and brakes at remotely my rate and hopefully your dealer won't f you as mine is f-ng me when you do.

ps. this dealer quoted me 8 to 9 hours labor for changing oil!!!!! they said this has recently been adjusted downward (by how much who knows) since - owing to taking apart a CGT recently and knowing more about how it works. apparently we early guys are paying the training $ for the porsche mechanics PCNA has failed to train themselves.

daily drivability in my opinion is great w/ the exception of getting gas at certain stations with "V" swaled entrance/exits. truthfully though, i've not had that much trouble even with this issue.

Last edited by ben, lj; 05-29-2005 at 02:07 PM.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Hey Ben

The other option is to find a shop that can actually work on your GT which has the proper tools and knows the procedures. Then you dont have to worry about the dealer Sligh grin......

Your a dealers dream customer, with the way you have consumed tires and brakes.. I can tell you that doing the oil is a (*^#E@(* in the ****.. But 8-9 hours is abit much..
Getting the car on the lift is not a easy process because it requires special fixtures which mount to the vehicle prior to lifting,
taking a wheel off isnt the easiest thing to do either, with the cost of wheels being 7k each , can we really blame the dealer for charging so much........ ( liability involved ) Most techs dont even have the $1300.00 torque wrench required to torque the wheel properly.

The problem today is that most dealerships dont employ many good techs, with so many rookie technicians coming out of UTI a dealership can have 2-3 rookies for the cost of one seasoned tech.
The CGT needs to be serviced more like a race car then a street car.

Now, I am soooooooo happy the dealerships treat customers the way they do....

So when are you bringing the CGT by???

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 05-30-2005 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:01 AM
Porsche Fiend
Hamann7 is infamous around these partsHamann7 is infamous around these parts
Re: Re: summary of consumable and excess labor time for CGT -- ben??

Originally posted by ben, lj
bottomline, it's doubtful you're gonna go through tires and brakes at remotely my rate and hopefully your dealer won't f you as mine is f-ng me when you do.
Uhhhh... I wouldn't bet on that.

If only you saw the roads leading to his house. Last time my GT3's brakes were on fire pulling into his driveway.

Old 05-31-2005, 10:18 PM
fasteddiett has a spectacular aura aboutfasteddiett has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: summary of consumable and excess labor time for CGT -- ben??

Originally posted by ben, lj

i dunno about you but there are 8 porsche dealers in the bay area and everytime I go to one they are begging for my biz.-> i am a lowly gt3 owner...

I assume if you are dropping 400G's plus on a cgt you ought to be able to have your way with them.... if not, then you need a better personal assitant to take care of this crap for you.

There is NO reason a dealer should be f-ng anyone....other way around IMO.... you are the customer. they should have chicks lines up with Martinis when you roll into that place with that sled. DEMAND MORE!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 02:48 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
Re: Re: Re: summary of consumable and excess labor time for CGT -- ben??

Originally posted by fasteddiett
i dunno about you but there are 8 porsche dealers in the bay area and everytime I go to one they are begging for my biz.-> i am a lowly gt3 owner...

I assume if you are dropping 400G's plus on a cgt you ought to be able to have your way with them.... if not, then you need a better personal assitant to take care of this crap for you.

There is NO reason a dealer should be f-ng anyone....other way around IMO.... you are the customer. they should have chicks lines up with Martinis when you roll into that place with that sled. DEMAND MORE!!!
we only have 2 within about a 100 mile radius and one of them doesn't even have their own tire machine!

Old 06-01-2005, 03:52 PM
Grand Pumba
Mr. RS is infamous around these parts
Watt,

Business must be good!!!!!

Keep me informed.

That is all.

Over.