996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My latest mod (making the GT700 faster)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 04:22 PM
Exotic Performance
xico is infamous around these parts
My latest mod (making the GT700 faster)

my latest mod is not from Evo , but from Cargraphics Germany instead, we have installed it and Eric will post pictures of the install soon.
This mod consist of beautifuly crafted stainless steel 3 1/2" pipes with their porper resonance shields and screw fittings for the primary and secondary oxigen sensors along with exhaust temperature sensor fittings, to replace the cats in my car.
I must say that the car sounds incredible, you can hear the turbos spooling , but it is not loud and disturbing like the fabspeed truck exhaust.
We have filled the tank with 116 octane leaded race fuel , took it for a ride , and o my God, it really woke up. There was mention of the possibility of overboosting, but this is not the case. We have regeared my car again for quickness , my top speed now is about 180mph instead of 220mph and it gets there yesterday.
It pulls extremely hard in every gear all the way to redline.
My MPH new speeds are as follows:
1st at 7000rpm 49mph
2nd at 7000rpm 88mph
3rd at 7000rpm 110mph
4th at 7000rpm 139mph
5th at 7000rpm 160mph
6th at 7000rpm 178mph
Evo supplied me with a new clutch and i must say this one really catches( you are either on or off) . I had a cup car sport clutch in there before and it fried my flywheel and turned it blue from the heat.
By the way i have driven the car 300 miles and no check engine light yet, what is going on , and is there a way to get rid of it when it comes on.(any ideas).

PS. thank you Hershell and Eric at Cargraphics USA for all your help.
also thank you Roger from Orbit Racing for all your help (the car runs great)

Last edited by xico; 06-06-2005 at 08:01 PM.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:26 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
you forgot to mention that it shoots fire

Old 06-06-2005, 04:27 PM
Exotic Performance
yes you are right about that , a nice tone of blue

Old 06-06-2005, 04:48 PM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
it looks like two really big butane lighters

Old 06-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Exellent Xico, I'd love to see your car in person when I'm in Miami next month - 7th thru the 14th.

Old 06-06-2005, 04:52 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Re: My latest mod (making the GT700 faster)

Originally posted by xico

By the way i have driven the car 300 miles and no check engine light yet, what is going on , and is there a way to get rid of it when it comes on.(any ideas).

just buy a palm pilot and put the OBDII scanner software on there and erase it when it pops up

Old 06-06-2005, 05:00 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
Exellent Xico, I'd love to see your car in person when I'm in Miami next month - 7th thru the 14th.
Might be in Miami as well around that time

Xico, you are the king dude!!!
Everytime my wife askes me if my car is done yet I always say it will be done when Xico's car is done!!

Old 06-06-2005, 05:05 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts

Old 06-06-2005, 05:08 PM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by vipertestarossa

Everytime my wife askes me if my car is done yet I always say it will be done when Xico's car is done!!
Then we should definitely plan a get together. Ron (Rave TT) will be in town as well. I've been talking to Michelle too about us all hooking up one night.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:12 PM
vipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the roughvipertestarossa is a jewel in the rough
Originally posted by Redlinerobert
Then we should definitely plan a get together. Ron (Rave TT) will be in town as well. I've been talking to Michelle too about us all hooking up one night.
Robert,

Absolutely!, my wife and I will be staying with Michele and Hershel
I will be trailering my car down

Old 06-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Exotic Performance
i will be out of town on the 7th but will be back on the 10th and will love to get together with all you guys then.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:45 PM

Xico is definatly the man, but don't F*** with him cause he will mess you up. I was holding the muffler while Erik was putting the exhaust back on and he told me if i scratched his rear valence he would send me home in a box.

Old 06-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Boobie Stars
jamy85 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ttgangsta
I was holding the muffler while Erik was putting the exhaust back on and he told me if i scratched his rear valence he would send me home in a box.

Old 06-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Robert,

Absolutely!, my wife and I will be staying with Michele and Hershel
I will be trailering my car down
....Is that....Tequila I smell?

Old 06-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by xico
i will be out of town on the 7th but will be back on the 10th and will love to get together with all you guys then.
Excellent. Looking forward to it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My latest mod (making the GT700 faster)