996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Pes Comes Through! Red Beast Is Fixed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 03:36 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Pes Comes Through! Red Beast Is Fixed!

Just spoke to Tony at PES and they have found the problem. Turns out it was 2 different leaks that only happend under hard boost which is why they couldn't find it when they pressure tested it before. There is some dump valve by the air pump that was stuck open and then an intake gasket leak that could only be found when the engine was under extreme torque. They had to drop the engine to find the problem.

Tony has since done 3 test drives and he said the car is insane! He said it is faster than the GT800 on race gas that they just completed and he thinks it is the fastest car they have ever built!

He said at 40mph in second gear if you mash the throttle it will spin the tires!

I know PES has been just as frustrated as me trying to fix this car. Thanks to Tony, Jeremy and Winslow for the late hours and hard work.

Can't wait to get the car, maybe Friday!

Old 08-10-2005, 03:37 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Great news bud!!!! Now go and enjoy the car!!!

Old 08-10-2005, 04:02 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
buddyg,
I know you are a very busy guy so if you want i can pick up the car,test drive it for you and if i don't find any more boost leaks i will drop off the car at your door at no charge to you,please say thats OK with you Btw i give you my word i will not SHART in the car
Any way glad to hear the red beast is fixed and ready to rumble

Old 08-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Good going BMAN - another success story! Buckle up!

Old 08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Awesome, I bet you can't wait until Friday. Drive hard, drive safe, and enjoy!

Old 08-10-2005, 04:50 PM
jaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the roughjaykla is a jewel in the rough
Congrats Buddy...that beast is gonna be insane!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:22 PM
Doug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud ofDoug H has much to be proud of
What are the expected outputs on the engine now. Over 800 hp???

Old 08-10-2005, 06:44 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Originally posted by quick
buddyg,
I know you are a very busy guy so if you want i can pick up the car,test drive it for you and if i don't find any more boost leaks i will drop off the car at your door at no charge to you,please say thats OK with you Btw i give you my word i will not SHART in the car
Any way glad to hear the red beast is fixed and ready to rumble
That is a very generous offer thanks I will consider it!

Old 08-10-2005, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Doug H
What are the expected outputs on the engine now. Over 800 hp???
Well EVO has dyno'd the GT800 at 730 rwhp and PES dyno'd the one they did at like 740 rwhp. So I would guess using 15% loss that equates to like 840 to 850 at the flywheel!

Plenty enough for me, whatever it is.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:10 PM
fdb996c2 is infamous around these partsfdb996c2 is infamous around these parts
Relevant law enforcement agencies have been alerted.

Old 08-10-2005, 07:21 PM

I will be a good boy I promise!

Old 08-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Craigger is infamous around these parts
b b b bull****! haha

good to hear the news buddy!

Old 08-10-2005, 07:44 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Congrats BuddyG!!

Old 08-10-2005, 07:50 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Congrats,
Any European Car mag shootouts/competitions in your future?

Old 08-10-2005, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by MANA
Congrats BuddyG!!
Thanks Mana how is the Viper running? Have you been able to run the GT800 against it?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pes Comes Through! Red Beast Is Fixed!