Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Midwest 6speed meeting 9/18 at The TireRack!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2005, 02:02 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Midwest 6speed meeting 9/18 at The TireRack!

Based on previous interest at finding a good location for us to meet, I'd like to offer the opportunity for us all to meet here in South Bend, IN on Sept. 18th. We have plenty of parking lot space and room to move around. We can leave from here, or you guys are welcome to share our autocross track with members of our regional PCA that will be here holding an event on the same day.

If you would like to run the course, I need to know how many will be interested as soon as possible. There is a $25 fee to cover the cost of insurance and anyone in the car must have a helmet on. I'm working in conjuction with the director of the event to have an early group of 6speeders, so that if we want to leave for a drive and/or lunch we will have time for it. Registration is at 8:30am central and there is a mandatory driver meeting and track walk before we get going. Our cones are very soft so if you hit one it should not do any damage.

I really look forward to meeting some of the guys who have welcomed me into this forumn and offer you a day of fun.

Please let me know if interested in running the track or just hanging out!

A map to our location can be found at:
http://www.tirerack.com/about/map.jsp

Here's our track:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testingProgram.jsp

See you then.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp

Last edited by damon@tirerack; 08-27-2005 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:58 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I'm in if I can get the okay from the boss.

Old 08-27-2005, 04:19 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
can you open up the building and give a tour of the TireRack, too?

I think I am in...

hm.. what car do I bring?
2001 Stage IV TT
my 1997 TTs
the Carrera GT
or my new Boxster S?

argh, now I need a truck and trailer so I can bring them all..this is getting to be an expensive hobby!

Chuck

Old 08-27-2005, 08:02 PM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Chuck you better bring the Carrera GT I really want a ride!

Old 08-27-2005, 09:12 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
I second that!

I don't know if I'll be able to open up the building yet or not. Depends on the turnout...

Or use this link:
Old 08-28-2005, 08:11 AM
Let's get a count so far looks like Damon, Chuck and me. Anyone else?

Old 08-29-2005, 11:07 AM
Earth to Chicago come in Chicago!

Shank, Lou, etc... you guys coming or what?

Old 08-30-2005, 03:38 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
I am interested. Is the track event open to first timers or only experienced drivers?

Thanks,
Vik

Old 08-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Noel is infamous around these partsNoel is infamous around these parts
If the meet is indeed on Sunday the 18th I will be there.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Vik
I am interested. Is the track event open to first timers or only experienced drivers?

Thanks,
Vik
No need to be experienced. It's not a huge track so you won't build enough speed to hurt yourself. You may get 60 in an autocross environment, but that's all.

All are welcome, regardless of skill.

Or use this link:
Old 08-31-2005, 12:04 AM
Current count:

Damon
Chuck
Vik
Noel
BBGT2
Bob M
ME

Anyone else?

Old 09-03-2005, 12:51 PM
Bob M is infamous around these parts
Hey Buddy,
If I am in town, I will try to make it down as well. It would be great to meet some of you. Thanks again for the ride and chance to drive "The Red Beast." Spinning all four wheels while in 3rd gear at 70 mph was a real treat -- awesome power and quite an experience!!

Damon, if I am coming down, would love to drive your course! It would be a nice tune up for the Grattan event the next weekend. I will try to let you know if I will be there ASAP.

BTW, greetings from Tahoe. Saw a black 996TT with CO plates parked in a lot off of hwy50 near El Dorado beach. Sure wish I had my turbo here too!

Old 09-03-2005, 03:03 PM
Bob that would be cool we could caravan down together.

Old 09-08-2005, 11:39 PM
O-Ace is infamous around these parts
Since it's on a Sunday, I'm gonna try to make it. Vik, you wanna caravan to Tirerack?

-Awais

Old 09-09-2005, 08:36 AM
Talked to ColorChange yesterday, looks like he can't make it.

Or use this link:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Midwest 6speed meeting 9/18 at The TireRack!