996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Jacksonville Hooters Rally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 06:09 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Jacksonville Hooters Rally

What a great success!!! Thanks to everyone for coming out and being a part of a great gathering. Hopefully this will become a quarterly event. Thanks to Accomplice for all the work he did putting this together.

I hope that everyone had as much fun as I did and I look forward to making it even bigger, better, and longer next time.

Britt

P.S. I have a few great pics that I will post tomorrow.

Old 12-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you had fun Britt. Can't wait to see pictures of your gathering!

Old 12-06-2003, 11:18 PM
Banned
Accomplice is infamous around these parts
Hey guys, all of the folks behind the screen names turned out to be a great bunch of car nuts. Britt-thanks for the thanks and for all of YOUR efforts on this event. You got some incredibly exotic machines out today. Joe's supercharged Diablo is other-worldly. Hmmm off the top of my head I'll take a stab at the car attendance list for those who couldn't be there...

My C32 showed up around 30 minutes early
already there was Derryck's 03 M3 and a previous gen M3
a couple of minutes later Steve's 750+RWHP Supra rolled in
minutes later two 996 Carrera 4S' showed up
then Harris' SL55 rolled in
Britt's 996 w/ GT3 aero was right on time
Joe's twin-supercharged Diablo came around 3:30 also
John Revis' silver GT2 rolled in from Daytona
Maurice's red NSX pulled in
A whole mess of nice pre-03 RT/ 10 & GTS Vipers rumbled in along with a nice black 996 turbo (3-5 Vipers in this first wave)
Gary's Diablo roadster, in yellow came in
Then the mother of all 996 caravans rolled in (5 turbos and the GT3) from down south
Bob's Rolls Royce pulled up
Shorty after Mark's Ferrari 512TR showed up
Steve's 95 Viper RT/10 came up from Daytona
Several other Supras, and pre-03 Vipers came along throughout the event with an 03 RT/10 capping off attendants

I know I probably missed some of the 40 or so attendants but don't take it personally. Its been a long day. Great people, great cars. Thanks to all who made it out.

After Meet Fun
We attempted to get a evening gathering together for some 'private test track' fun. A couple of Viper owners were MIA so the party broke up early. Steve from Daytona ran his 95 RT/10 Viper out on the test track against my C32. I was very impressed. He is a skilled driver with a very strong example from the factory. His only mod is an exhaust and he is able to run 12 flat in the 1/4 mile. That's really quick for near stock a Gen 1 RT/10. Anyway he was able to pull away convincingly in the lower gears. From highway speeds it wasn't as bad with him creeping away from the C32 at much slower rate.

Until today I was totally okay with staying stock (280-300RWHP). After talking with Harris briefly about some mods and possibly staying in warranty and being only 30(?) RWHP away from hanging with Steve's Viper I think I have the bug again. Hmmm pulleys and few other mods will get me to 365 RWHP...

Kevin

Last edited by Accomplice; 12-07-2003 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:20 AM
Kevin,

Great job on the run-down of cars. We can start planning the next gathering and this time we will do it up super-right. Maybe a more involved schedule with a concours event with prizes for cleanest, most mods, best-of-show, etc...

We could also do a driving tour on some of the beautiful country roads in the area. (If anyone has some favorites keep tem in mind for canidates.)

It would also be cool if a nice resturant would sponsor the event so that attendees could eat and drink free. And some killer t-shirts with a logo I will design would also be cool.

Anyway... great fun and cool people. All the variety of cars getting along in harmony was beautiful... I tink im getting misty over here..

What did you think about the gravel yard we drove through on JTB trying to keep up with Joe's Diablo? I got about a dozen chips in my front bumper and 5-6 in my windshield. The streets in this town bite ***!

Britt

Last edited by Greyghost; 12-07-2003 at 05:33 AM.
Old 12-07-2003, 06:08 AM
Thumbs up PHOTOS!!!

Here are some of the killer cars at the Hooters Rally in Jacksonville on the 6th of December.

Old 12-07-2003, 09:55 AM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
Thanks again...

Britt and Accomplice-

Thanks again for organizing a fun, well attended event. It was nice to finally meet so many of the board members face to face and catch up with others who I knew. What a great group of guys.

I hope we have more time to plan the next event and do so when it's warmer. It was cold yesterday (sorry no disrespect to those up north...it was in the 50's). Maybe we could a 2 day event next time.

Well, thanks again. I'm off to see the Jaguars.

Keith

Old 12-07-2003, 10:01 AM
Banned
Britt,

We should see about renting the road course type track that Brumos uses for Porsche driving schools (Gainesville?). That was the missing link in yesterday's fun-driving the cars. We could meet up, have the scenic drive, eat lunch and then spend the afternoon at the track. The Viper guys said that driving through The Ocala National Forest was nice. Its probably not more than 30 minutes from the Gainesville track.

BTW I did notice some gravel while trying to catch that Lambo. I need to check my paint. Don't remember ever having loose rocks in that area before. Maybe his 700 WHP monster was ripping chunks of road up at us?

Harris,

Can you work us out a deal to have our next meet at the Brumos facility near Gainesville?

Kevin

Old 12-07-2003, 10:20 AM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
Group from down south---

Gary, Rob, Evan, Max, and anyone else I'm forgetting...

Guys when you get back post a recap to let us know you made it back to Orlando, Gainsville, Tampa, Boca, and further south ok. I'm sure there may be a few additional stories to tell.....

Safe driving.....Try to keep it under 160.

Old 12-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Banned
Keith,

I'm glad you ended up being able to make it out. It was cool of you to help guide the southern 996TT guys in to the event. That convoy made quite an impressive entrance. Those multi-car convoys rolling in (wave of Vipers then turbos) were the high moments of the day for me.

Kevin

Old 12-07-2003, 01:19 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
What a great weekend!!!! The show was awesome and the cars at the show were even better. The best part of the day would definetly be the ride up to Jacksonville with AMG ETR, RDH, Sloth, and Gary FL. You guy have some unbelivable machines.

I ended up heading back to Gainesville a little later than everyone else but managed to get a few 150-160 mph runs in the back country roads with no surprises. I even played around with a single turbo Supra for some high speed runs.

It was nice meeting all of you. Seems like a good group of guys to hang out with. Nice to put a face with a name. KPARIS, I tried your shortcut but think I made a wrong turn somewhere because I ended up spending more time driving back than getting there.
PM me the directions again, I gave them to Gary FL. But, it was a beautiful cool day with no traffic so who cares!!!!

I am all in for a track day in Gainesville. I could even do some leg work if needed.

Hope everyone made it back without hitting any more tires or getting anymore tickets!!!!!

Eric

Last edited by CAPTLST; 12-07-2003 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:20 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Re: Group from down south---

Originally posted by kparis
Gary, Rob, Evan, Max, and anyone else I'm forgetting...

Guys when you get back post a recap to let us know you made it back to Orlando, Gainsville, Tampa, Boca, and further south ok. I'm sure there may be a few additional stories to tell.....

Safe driving.....Try to keep it under 160.
Keith, I keep it well under 160... (enough fun on the way up for one trip). That's for meeting up with us.... We will hook up again soon. Your car is really coming together.

Short synopsis:
Max (Sloth) met up with me and we continued on to meet up with Evan (AMG ETR) and Rob (RDH). Well as we were getting close to the meeting point my V1 started to go off.. Right before we were going to get off the exit we were meeting them at, there was Rob and Evan on the side of the road with the friendly State Trooper.... Need I say more.... We waved as we passed doing the speed limit.... (It did not even help that Rob had a lawyer in the car with him) LOL

I left out the time I was on it to 130 and went up over the hill and my V1 went crazy again and the SAME friendly state trooper was writing someone else a holiday greeting and was not in his car....

We then continued on to meet up with Eric (captlst) in Gainesville and continued on the Jacksonville. All I will say is it was an interesting drive from there on.....

Whenever I have met the person behind the screen name in the past they have always turned out to be good people.. This event was no different, everyone was great. Also we all had people riding shotgun and they were great also. Next time we need to stay an extra night so we can all party a little more... Most of us were worn out by the exciting drive up to do much else that night but watch football.

Eric, Rob, Evan and Max and the rest thanks for a good time... We all can't wait for the next drive/meet. We may want to wait a year though since in Florida you can only go to traffic school one a year to save the points!!

I know that many took pictures...

Keith's is the silver one with the T/A 19's
Max's is the speed yellow GT3
Evan's has the fully polished HRE's and the factory Aero Kit.
Eric's is the other Speed Yellow Turbo
Rob's is the red turbo...
Mine is the silver one with the Techart II front

The GT3 looks even better in person... and the rest of the guy's cars looked awesome to. It is great how everyone has personalized their cars...

It was a good turnout with this being setup so fast... Thanks Kevin for setting this up...

We had a blast ......

Last edited by Gary (Fl); 12-07-2003 at 01:27 PM.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:08 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Hey guys, home safe and sound
Great meet, enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a lot of fun!!!!
Check out the Turbo/GT2 board....I posted about 40 pictures!!!!
Evan

Old 12-07-2003, 02:10 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by AMG ETR
Hey guys, home safe and sound
Great meet, enjoyed meeting everyone, and had a lot of fun!!!!
Check out the Turbo/GT2 board....I posted about 40 pictures!!!!
Evan
Evan,

How's Dad ????

Had a blast...

Old 12-07-2003, 02:14 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Re: Re: Group from down south---

Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
We may want to wait a year though since in Florida you can only go to traffic school one a year to save the points!!

Well, needless to say I've aged quite a bit on this Jacksonville/ Stark & Sheriff Billy Bob adventure..... As always, It was great meeting everyone and there beautiful cars. The weather could'nt have been better ( I like it cool and Sunny) and "parts" of our drive were great
The event had some impressive cars there, especially when our Porsches showed up
Britt & Kevin, Hats off for a great job! Oh yeah, the Hotel was fantastic!
Keith,Gary,Max,Eric,Evan,Justin and associates.......where we going next

Now, Does anyone know of a good traffic offense attorney? Also, is the video from block buster considered a New release or a Favorite.............?

Old 12-07-2003, 02:17 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Evan,

How's Dad ????

Had a blast...
Not home yet
Ditto to RDH...god traffic attorny???
Evan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Jacksonville Hooters Rally