996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

They Lost My Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 04:31 PM
Moderatorette
Porsche Babe is infamous around these parts
Exclamation They Lost My Porsche

Hello All,
I just wanted to send an FYI..... My Porsche 996 cab has gone missing! I contacted a company by the name of Cross Country Auto Transport on Nov. 20th who told me they could pick-up the car Monday or Tuesday the following week (Nov. 24th ot 25th), and have it delivered to me in 5-8 days. The transit time and price was good, so I gave them the business. My contact was The Sr. transport Coordinator Tony Lopes. Have not spoken to him since....The car was picked up on Nov. 25th, the only reason I know is because I called the seller... The transport company gave me a tracking number but to no surprise it never worked.... After the first 7 days had passed with them not contacting me in anyway, not returning any of my calls, I started to raise an eyebrow... Finally I spoke to Brooke at Cross Country who told me that they contacted the work out to another company by the name of Tonne Transport, TN and gave me their number directly... I asked why I feel like I'm doing the work, I thought it was their job as the broker to follow up...She advised that she was tooo busy and that I should call... Today is day 14 still no Porsche.... I have called Tonnes transport since Friday Dec. 5th with them promising to call me back once they new where the car was.. You guessed it, no call back.. Today is day 14, now Tonnes Transport just hangs up on me, and anyone that calls to inquire about the car... All I was asking for was an update, customer service... I feel like they are the client...
We contacted the authorities in TN, they are sending a car there now, they advised that it is a residental address. I'm Concerned that they wrecked or damaged the car and are doing a half *** job tring to fix it. Tring to hold me at bay long enough to fix it.....
I should have used BT Express who contracted Road Scholar Transport... like I did to ship the Cargraphic 996TT to the shootout. NJ to Cali in 6 days and the driver called EVERYDAY to give us an update....Plus he gave us his cell phone just incase...
Tigard, Or to NJ by Cross Country Auto Transport Contracting Tonne Transport ????????????????????
Can any advise what I should do next???

Old 12-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
Holy Cow that sounds no good at all. I think youl should send uncle vito to pay them a visit.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:03 PM
Moderatorette
Duane,
The saga continues. I just called the seller to verify that the car has never been repainted. Once the car arrives if it does I will check it with a paint meter. He also proceeded to ask why we put it on an open transport.. Guess what I didn't, they charged me for an enclosed transport... He said the car was loaded on top backwards....
Your right Duane - This is not good
any suggestions???

Old 12-09-2003, 05:05 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Perhaps a call to the proper authorities to report a stolen car. Thats what I would do.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:18 PM
AllanByD is infamous around these parts
Michelle

Call me and tell me what happens. Let me know if theres something I can do. Good Luck

Old 12-09-2003, 05:37 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Sorry to hear that Michele, good luck.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Duane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud ofDuane has much to be proud of
What I would do I would not post on this board......

Old 12-09-2003, 05:49 PM
Erik@Cargraphic is infamous around these parts
Smile Lost Porsche

Hey Michele,
I got in touch with a friend of mine at the National Transportation Safety Board, who knows some people at NASA who have access to high resolution spy satelites. i gave hime the plate number of the car carrier and using GPS and low frequency, high resolution, side scan, infra red telemetry they were able to show the route the car carrier has taken since leaving Oregon. I hope this helps...

Erik

Attached Images  
Old 12-09-2003, 05:51 PM
I would think that the transport company would be responsible if something happened?

Old 12-09-2003, 06:09 PM
jajo is infamous around these parts
Re: Lost Porsche

Originally posted by Erik@Cargraphic
Hey Michele,
I got in touch with a friend of mine at the National Transportation Safety Board, who knows some people at NASA who have access to high resolution spy satelites. i gave hime the plate number of the car carrier and using GPS and low frequency, high resolution, side scan, infra red telemetry they were able to show the route the car carrier has taken since leaving Oregon. I hope this helps...

Erik
Now THATS a cool trick!!

Old 12-09-2003, 06:34 PM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
I would report the car stolen -

Old 12-09-2003, 06:39 PM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
this is the fourth horror story i've heard over the last couple month re: transport companies. it is not worth a couple hundred dollars to risk this kind of grief and stress. i've used intercity on several occassions and without exception always had a perfect experience. don't mess around with transport companies.

btw, a buddy of mine had one a couple months ago who took forever to deliver a car and then f-ed his door up upon delivery. the same friend waited weeks for a return delivery from yet another half *** company. don't skimp on this.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:44 PM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
I've got to agree with Ben on this one. I've used Exotic Car Transport for years because their service is exceptional and reliable. Plus, they go over the car with a fine-tooth-comb so that if there is a problem, there's no finger pointing. More times then not, they find things wrong with the car that I didn't even know about.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:01 PM
Moderatorette
Local Police

We called the police in TN. They were very nice and helpful. We expressed how we knew that this is a prority on their list, but asked what we should do. They said that they would send a car to the address, a residental address that is. (I got the address off the yellow page reverse lookup) They called me back and advised that they saw a open car transport and several cars parked around. They also said that at this point it is a civil matter, unless I don't expect to get the car... Then it is stolen. Well if it isn't there tomorrow I will report it stolen....
Please note that I wasn't skimping, This was to be the quickest transport and a decent rate... I called at 20 companies.. for both the 996TT to Cali & this Pick-up. Most of the companies said that they couldn't pick-up the car until late Dec.
I'm glad I didn't use this company for the shootout, we would have never made it.
Thank you for your suggestions...
Hey Allen, want to take a ride to TN?
Erik, That is very funny!!! - to bad I really don't have the location of my Porsche

Old 12-09-2003, 07:06 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ben, lj
this is the fourth horror story i've heard over the last couple month re: transport companies. it is not worth a couple hundred dollars to risk this kind of grief and stress. i've used intercity on several occassions and without exception always had a perfect experience. don't mess around with transport companies.

btw, a buddy of mine had one a couple months ago who took forever to deliver a car and then f-ed his door up upon delivery. the same friend waited weeks for a return delivery from yet another half *** company. don't skimp on this.
Totally agree. I've used Horseless Carriage 3 times and had great results. They go over the car in great detail before loading, and you usually end up finding things you didn't even notice before. I always request a top load, to be safe.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: They Lost My Porsche