Want to start Tracking. Where to start?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 01:32 PM
Porsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to beholdPorsche997TT is a splendid one to behold
Want to start Tracking. Where to start?

I have been wanting to track my 977.1tt for a very long time. Just havent had the time until recently after selling my business, have much more free time. Where do I start? DE Events? Which Club(s)? Live in Clearwater, FL. Sebring is the nearest track that I know of. Thanks for any advice!

Old 09-28-2013, 05:41 PM
boostpower is on a distinguished road
There are many organizations that will allow you to learn how to track your car. check your regional PCA, NASA, or SCCA, or Chin Motorsports for DE events. I am a NASA South East region instructor, and my students usually can drive much better by the end of day one, some of them can even start trying solo on day 2 if they follow the instruction well.

Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 PM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Are you a member of your local PCA? They will usually plan events that you can attend. I know that the Audi Club is having a DE event the first weekend of December at Daytona - but, the PCA is doing the grunt work - check it out

Old 10-09-2013, 08:57 PM
badloser is on a distinguished road
I started with
http://www.hookedondriving.com/
and had a blast with them. Their instructors helped me a bunch and saved me a lot of time getting me up to speed(no phun intended) I did the PBIR tack in West palm beach and the Homestead track down in Homestead FL

Old 02-04-2014, 10:24 AM
g.man.clt is on a distinguished road
Consider the 2 day Performance Porsche Driving School at Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham AL. You have a outstanding 2 days and learn a great deal about driving on a track using someone elses car, tires and gas.

Old 02-07-2014, 02:54 PM
viprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond reputeviprklr has a reputation beyond repute
I would agree that I would start your local PCA chapter. You are in Zone 12 (Not sure of which chapter).
http://zone12.pca.org/

Start out with some DE's & progress from there !! Be safe

Old 02-12-2014, 03:33 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Chin motorsports is a fantastic club and I think they run Sebring 10 times in 2014. Great group of people running the events, fantastic instructors, all around good experience.

Old 03-19-2014, 01:54 PM
onenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to beholdonenrg1 is a splendid one to behold
Not meaning to hijack the thread but I am also looking to track my 996TT and was wondering if I should do anything special to the vehicle for the first event. I was thinking of just going out and seeing how I enjoyed it first but not sure if I should do something special like flush brake fluid, change pads, etc. ANy input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Omar

Old 03-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Check this website out:

www.trackweekend.com

It's a good list of a few different organizations in Florida that all run track events at our 3 major tracks. Also lists some GA and AL events from time to time.

Old 06-01-2015, 01:42 PM
ushgeo is on a distinguished road
Don't do it! Try something less expensive, less addictive, with fewer side effects, and a potential cure...like heroin

Last edited by ushgeo; 06-01-2015 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-13-2015, 07:59 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by onenrg1
Not meaning to hijack the thread but I am also looking to track my 996TT and was wondering if I should do anything special to the vehicle for the first event. I was thinking of just going out and seeing how I enjoyed it first but not sure if I should do something special like flush brake fluid, change pads, etc. ANy input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Omar
The event organizers will have a list of things that need to done to the car - the Tech Inspection Form. Not required, but I don't drive without them - high performance brake pads.

BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL, THIS WILL BECOME AN ADDICTION!!

Old 06-13-2015, 08:01 AM
Originally Posted by ushgeo
Don't do it! Try something less expensive, less addictive, with fewer side effects, and a potential cure...like heroin
AND TOO TRUE!!!

Old 06-16-2015, 09:28 PM
Capt Vanquish is on a distinguished road
Hi Karen. I've done Sebring, West Palm and the Big Kahuna, Daytona with Hooked on Driving. Very well organized and run. Safety first. Good beginner training. All about FUN and safe. If nothing else you need to get the hi temp brake fluid in your car! Sebring in August is pretty hot. The front brake calipers on my Aston Martin actually changed colors!

Old 07-01-2015, 11:03 AM
b2sc is on a distinguished road
Sebring is Chin's home track and they run it often. The Chin instructors are fantastic (most are also PCA instructors too) and they run a very safe and well organized event. Chin is more expensive than PCA/event but you get 2x the track time.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:45 PM
996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute996TWINS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Karen England
The event organizers will have a list of things that need to done to the car - the Tech Inspection Form. Not required, but I don't drive without them - high performance brake pads.

BE CAREFUL, BE VERY CAREFUL, THIS WILL BECOME AN ADDICTION!!
+1 on the addiction!!! Just look at my mods.

Along with the brake pads:
1) Motul, Castrol SRF or Endless brake fluid
2) Front GT3 brake ducts. You will be using the brakes way too much your first few times out. Got to keep them cool.
3) No one but yourself will be impressed with your straight line speed
4) Listen, listen and listen to your instructor
5) Have fun.

Last edited by 996TWINS; 07-01-2015 at 08:50 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Want to start Tracking. Where to start?