New SpeedTech 997TT Cross-flow Exhaust Announcement!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
New SpeedTech 997TT Cross-flow Exhaust Announcement!

We are pleased to announce the introduction of our SpeedTech 997TT X-cellerator cross-flow exhaust system. Like it’s 996TT counterpart, the 997TT X-cellerator is a fully modular system with V-flange couplings for quick and easy changes between components. Optional cat bypass pipes and muffler bypass pipes are available, making this a very flexible system for a variety of uses...street or track use, it only takes minutes to swap to a different setup. Our standard system is a 100 cell Hi-Flow cat “street” version, which re-uses the OEM tips. The 100 cell, hi-flow cats enable extremely quick turbo spool. A catless “race” version is optional, as are mirror polished finishing, ceramic coating, twin tips and true dual, full 3” outlet tips.

The 997TT X-cellerator is available in four sound levels to suit a variety of tastes.

2.5 quiet (conversation, phone calls, radio are all very comfortable, yet still provides a great GT3 type sound on the exterior) - the perfect daily driver exhaust! No drone - fantastic sound.

2.5 sport (a little louder than the quiet and also a good daily driver)

3.0 moderate (aggressive cross-flow tuned sound)

3.0 loud (full 3” system—screams at WOT. The exhaust is definitely being heard in the cabin! Sounds awesome / very aggressive both inside and out. Trademark GT3-like cross-flow sound)

As pictured in the cut-away image below, this system features a cross-flow muffler design that produces our trademark exotic cross-flow sound, which many hold in high regard. For those unfamiliar with this type of exhaust, the cross-flow design emits a very exotic, high end, tuned sound—a lot like a Porsche GT3, which is great news for Porsche turbo owners, as this normally aspirated, highly desired sound is very difficult to achieve on a turbo car. Please watch and listen to our video below to learn more about the exhaust and hear it for yourself.

High quality materials and construction, ease of installation, weight savings, user friendly options and exceptional sound were our design goals for this system and we feel we have exceeded even our highest expectations. We have field tested this exhaust for several months prior to this official release to insure reliability and are excited and proud to finally make it available.

The SpeedTech X-cellerator exhaust is a top of the line, no compromise system for the discriminating Porsche enthusiast and very fitting of a 997 turbo. Not only does it offer just about any option one could desire in an exhaust system, it is relatively quick and easy to swap between power and sound levels. For instance, the switch from a full cross-flow muffler configuration to straight pipes can be done in 5-10 minutes and then switched back again in the same amount of time.

We offer special 6speed member pricing on all systems. There are several component and sound options, including a full 4-way system bundle (all modular piping options purchased at one time), twin or full 3” tips, cat delete, etc. Please PM or email for pricing.

The SpeedTech X-cellerator is constructed of 100% stainless steel and made in the USA.

Please take a moment and view the video below. We look forward to hearing from you with any questions you may have…

SpeedTech X-cellerator 2.5 with OEM tip and cat bypass pipe "race" option

SpeedTech X-cellerator 2.5 with OEM tip and 100 cell catalytic converters

SpeedTech 2.5 Sport system

SpeedTech 3.0 Loud w/ full 3" mirror polished dual tips

The internal cross-flow design shown below is the heart of the SpeedTech X-cellerator system. Our muffler size, cross-flow design, uniquely perforated pipe and stainless steel wool density combine for a fantastic GT3-like sound...

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmz16aWeZF4

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 08-10-2010 at 11:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Additionally, we are doing an introductory special price for the first 5 systems. Please PM or email for details.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
Old 02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
BostonRocket is infamous around these parts
Any drone with the 2.5 Sport? Also, are there any SES lights with the 100-cell cats?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
The 2.5 "sport" begins to introduce a hint of boominess, but it is very slight. I would describe it as "almost" zero drone. I drove with the 2.5 sport model all afternoon yesterday and it sounded great - very sporty, but not overly loud.

The beauty of our X-cellerator component system is that you can change the sound level with the various components, so you are not locked into one sound for the life of the system.

No, no lights at all on our test car which has been run for a few months now. And the 100 cell cats are great for performance - very quick turbo spool.

2022 Cayenne White

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 05-30-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 AM
UNC911 is infamous around these partsUNC911 is infamous around these parts
PM Sent

Old 02-24-2010, 08:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
PM's replied to...

2022 Cayenne White
Old 02-28-2010, 08:27 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John@SpeedTech
I have one test system available that can not be sold as new. The cats and muffler are new, the mid-pipe and outlet pipe for the OEM tips are prototypes, but fit perfectly. This is a chance to pick up a nice cross-flow system for a fraction of the new cost with no downside. It is the 2.5 quiet system with stock tips as shown on the video link above. No drone and fantastic sound. It can also be delivered with the optional twin tips, as well.
John

I am interested in the test system with the optional twin tips.

PM Sent

Old 03-10-2010, 04:14 AM
sam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to beholdsam12345 is a splendid one to behold
please pm me price of the loudest version you guys have

Old 03-10-2010, 08:05 PM
Basic Sponsor
Sam, PM sent.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
TD997TT is infamous around these parts
X-flow experience

John has designed a great exhaust system in the x-flow accelerator. I have had the 2.5 quiet on my car for 1-2k miles now and I think it offers just the right balance of aggressive sound without drone. It provides a unique, exotic type of sound for the 997TT and is not overly quiet despite the label. At WOT, it is much louder. I have paired it with a BMC filter and Evo recric valves, and the sound is just where I like it for street. For track use, I'm planning to run it with the muffler bypass set up for a little more volume.

If anyone is local to Fairfield Cty CT and wants to check it out first hand, let me know.

Old 03-18-2010, 11:11 AM
Basic Sponsor
Hi Tom,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it and thanks for the kind words. It's nice to read your review - it's right in line with others running the same system. I think the 2.5 quiet is the perfect daily driver system - fantastic, very sporty GT3 like sound, no drone, extremely responsive turbo spool (due to 100 cell cats) and comfortable in the cabin...hard to beat it.

Here are a couple of recent pics of the 100 cell cat "street" version...

2022 Cayenne White

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 03-20-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:23 PM
Basic Sponsor
I have one 3.0 test system available that can be had for a great price. PM for details, if interested.

2022 Cayenne White
Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 PM
silverlight is infamous around these parts
John - can you PM on pricing and delivery details for a 2.5 quiet to 11976? Many thanks

Old 07-20-2010, 10:10 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
The 2.5 quiet sounds very good, any chance of making a 1 piece system?
Personally, I hate those vband clamps (or any clamps in a tt system), they all loosen and allow drone, perhaps a heavier clamp? just a suggestion, as I've had several systems on my car to date.
c

Old 07-20-2010, 11:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the kind words, the 2.5 is a really nice daily driver system. It offers a very sporty sound with virtually no drone and IMHO is a joy to own and operate.

Also, thank you for your suggestion regarding the clamps and I have good news to report about this aspect of our system. Our clamps are extremely heavy duty, as you suggest and work extremely well. I think I know the other clamps you are referring to and these are completely different. Ours are machined stainless steel V-bands with a heavy stainless V-Band clamp - solid hardware, not the cheap formed steel style connections. They do not loosen or leak at all - even after prolonged use and can be cranked very tightly with no adverse effects. We have seen zero movement or loosening, even after extended use.

The V-band clamps are also an important design element of our modular system, as they allow the user to swap to cat bypass pipes or muffler bypass pipes and back again very easily. For instance, you can opt to muffler bypass pipes for a track event to hear the motor better with a helmet on or utilize the cat bypass pipes to run leaded C16 without ruining the cats. When you are finished with the fun, the car can be easily configured back to a quiet, catted every day driver. I have swapped out these components for testing on my own car numerous times and get a tight, permanent seal every time, even after re-using the existing clamps numerous times. And I have enough direct experience with our clamp system (over 30,000 miles and over 2 years time) to confidently state that loosening/leaking is not an issue that we have ever encountered.

Once you have done the swap a couple of times, it is very quick and easy. I can change out components in 15 minutes or less on a garage floor with no lift or jacks. Although the majority of owners will not use this feature, it's nice to have the option should you require it or if your use changes in the future.

I know you have had/tried a lot of exhausts...you may want to try one of these next I think you would be pleasantly surprized.

2022 Cayenne White

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New SpeedTech 997TT Cross-flow Exhaust Announcement!