Life is too short. RIP RobertP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 02:30 PM
Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !Christian Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
Hi everyone,

This is Robert's wife and I just read all your posts. Thank you for your kind words. Robert was a wonderful person and husband and father and best friend and soul mate all wrapped up in one and will be missed beyond words.

He had so much fun posting on this forum so please don't apologize for the spirited debates. He would tell me about it all the time and we would laugh over how passionate people would get. He loved it all!

His Porsche and those early morning Mexico runs brought him great joy and I am so thankful that he had the chance to do what he wanted to do. I will definitely pass on his love of cars to our kids.

He really was a fighter and forever optimistic. Thank you for bringing lots of smiles and laugther to him thru this forum and thru the Porsche runs.

Warmly,
Forever Robert's Wife
Sorry for your loss, I always enjoyed his post, his spirit always be with you

Old 01-01-2011, 02:53 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
We should all have your strength.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:03 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
seemed like a good guy.. rip.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:57 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I love the Zest for life that RobertP had. Never met him, but I sure enjoyed some
of his videos and his love of his Turbo Cab (and quite obviously his love of family).

RIP and bless his family,

MK

Old 01-02-2011, 11:12 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
RIP and condolences to his family.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:40 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Very humbling....a constant reminder of what's truly important...Family...my heart goes out to them....

Old 01-02-2011, 01:10 PM
SFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of lightSFdreamer is a glorious beacon of light
RIP Robert, I am sorry we never got a chance to run after you were one of the first people to contact me on this forum. I wish the best to your family.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:15 PM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robertp
Hi everyone,

This is Robert's wife and I just read all your posts. Thank you for your kind words. Robert was a wonderful person and husband and father and best friend and soul mate all wrapped up in one and will be missed beyond words.

He had so much fun posting on this forum so please don't apologize for the spirited debates. He would tell me about it all the time and we would laugh over how passionate people would get. He loved it all!

His Porsche and those early morning Mexico runs brought him great joy and I am so thankful that he had the chance to do what he wanted to do. I will definitely pass on his love of cars to our kids.

He really was a fighter and forever optimistic. Thank you for bringing lots of smiles and laugther to him thru this forum and thru the Porsche runs.

Warmly,
Forever Robert's Wife
You're one classy lady! He was a great contributor of this forum and I remembered talking to Robert several times on different threads.

May he be RIP and his great memories last forever!

Old 01-02-2011, 01:40 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
RIP Robert, you will be missed dearly, so sorry to hear this news

Old 01-02-2011, 09:58 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Guys-

I went to Robert's Memorial today. I knew Robert from the frequent Saturday "Mexico" runs, then cars and coffee afterwards, that several other guys and myself would attend over the last couple of years. Robert and I did talk about other things besides cars, mostly family, kids, so I knew how much he loved his family, and that he was a good dad, but I had no idea how many lives he actually touched, until today.

There was a lot of people there, so many had wonderful stories of how much they loved Robert, how creative, funny and charming he was, but mostly how much he meant to them, how he helped them, and cared so much, it was very moving. I had spoken to her on the phone before, but had not yet met Robert's wife. After seeing her and hearing her speak to everyone, I knew why Robert would tell me that he was very lucky to have her. She was beautiful, nice, and spoke so proudly of Robert, there is no doubt that he was her soulmate, and that he was her hero. Although Robert is gone and it will be harder without him there, he and everyone knows that his family is in good hands with her.

When I talked to people and told them who I was, they always would say to me, "Robert loved his 5am runs with his car buddies more than anything, he really did." Of course we all know what is most important in life, but we also know how much joy cars bring to our lives. I knew Robert mostly from that, and over the last few years I was one of the guys who was most frequently there at those 5am runs. I was also touched when his wife told me that when he talked about cars, he mentioned how much he appreciated my friendship, the fun we had together, and that I was a good guy, lol, it's always nice to hear that, especially now knowing how many friends and relatives cared about Robert and how much impact he really had on their lives. I really think that is what defines us, not how much impact we have on our own lives, but the lives of others, as far as I could tell from today, he was just about perfect in that aspect.

Even though at times we were out doing things with our cars we probably shouldn't have, especially since we were both had kids, I'm very happy knowing that I was part of something that made Robert's last few years here on earth that much more enjoyable, as he truly loved cars like most of us and even while battling this aggressive cancer, he could drive that yellow TT cab like no other, we really had a lot of fun.

I was deeply touched by the memorial, I brought my son with me, I was so proud of him, he was such a good boy, never complained once, even at 6 years old, he understood. Cars were a big thing in Robert's life yes, but to hear from people how he was as a Husband, Dad, Father and Friend to everyone there, was truly moving. I hope when I leave this earth I will be remembered the same way. I will miss you Robert, RIP Brotha.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Hey Guys-

I went to Robert's Memorial today. I knew Robert from the frequent Saturday "Mexico" runs, then cars and coffee afterwards, that several other guys and myself would attend over the last couple of years. Robert and I did talk about other things besides cars, mostly family, kids, so I knew how much he loved his family, and that he was a good dad, but I had no idea how many lives he actually touched, until today.

There was a lot of people there, so many had wonderful stories of how much they loved Robert, how creative, funny and charming he was, but mostly how much he meant to them, how he helped them, and cared so much, it was very moving. I had spoken to her on the phone before, but had not yet met Robert's wife. After seeing her and hearing her speak to everyone, I knew why Robert would tell me that he was very lucky to have her. She was beautiful, nice, and spoke so proudly of Robert, there is no doubt that he was her soulmate, and that he was her hero. Although Robert is gone and it will be harder without him there, he and everyone knows that his family is in good hands with her.

When I talked to people and told them who I was, they always would say to me, "Robert loved his 5am runs with his car buddies more than anything, he really did." Of course we all know what is most important in life, but we also know how much joy cars bring to our lives. I knew Robert mostly from that, and over the last few years I was one of the guys who was most frequently there at those 5am runs. I was also touched when his wife told me that when he talked about cars, he mentioned how much he appreciated my friendship, the fun we had together, and that I was a good guy, lol, it's always nice to hear that, especially now knowing how many friends and relatives cared about Robert and how much impact he really had on their lives. I really think that is what defines us, not how much impact we have on our own lives, but the lives of others, as far as I could tell from today, he was just about perfect in that aspect.

Even though at times we were out doing things with our cars we probably shouldn't have, especially since we were both had kids, I'm very happy knowing that I was part of something that made Robert's last few years here on earth that much more enjoyable, as he truly loved cars like most of us and even while battling this aggressive cancer, he could drive that yellow TT cab like no other, we really had a lot of fun.

I was deeply touched by the memorial, I brought my son with me, I was so proud of him, he was such a good boy, never complained once, even at 6 years old, he understood. Cars were a big thing in Robert's life yes, but to hear from people how he was as a Husband, Dad, Father and Friend to everyone there, was truly moving. I hope when I leave this earth I will be remembered the same way. I will miss you Robert, RIP Brotha.
Well said......

Old 01-03-2011, 12:23 PM
tightie is infamous around these parts
The man who taught me about mexico runs.. Great guy.. Nothing but positive things to say about him.

RIP.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:26 AM
bone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura aboutbone_doc s4 has a spectacular aura about
To Robert's wife and family,

Sorry I missed his memorial, I found out last minute and we were also having my son's bday party. Robert was a great guy and fellow car enthusiast, he will be surely missed. Those early Sat runs will be times alot of guys will always remember.....RIP brotha!

Old 01-08-2011, 03:06 AM
996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute996TT_STEVO has a reputation beyond repute
Just heard the sad news, not around much these days... Touching words from all, RIP Robert

Old 01-08-2011, 06:35 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Ah man, what terrible news. RIP Robert.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Life is too short. RIP RobertP