Sad News about OUR ben lj, Ben Keatons.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2005, 01:40 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Re: Piece of info you all may find interesting...

Originally posted by Sorcerer
I was just informed by one of my inside sources at Porsche that PCNA has posted on their website to dealers, that they should keep their mouths shut regarding this issue. This came about after a salesman made a post regarding Ben's death...
This is half true. PCNA only asked that dealers stop discussing the topic on the forum on their dealer site, most likely in an attempt to stop rumors and gossip. They did however express their condolences. They did not however say that dealers should "keep their mouths shut".
Evan *Still very sad*
PS- Please do not ask me how I know, what I say is true.

Last edited by AMG ETR; 06-04-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:10 PM
I soon will be a supporting member
dbelleperc is infamous around these parts
Last night I couldn't sleep that good, today I am still in disbelief.

I took the in car video's of his SC 996, was there with him when he picked up the CGT, been to his house a couple of times and done a couple of other things with him. I am just stuck.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:11 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
God will always bless you Ben. My deepest condolences to you and your family. Also to Cory's family. I miss those days when you started criticising the Cayenne, I miss those days when you posted things about your baby and GT. I do miss you. RIP.

Amen

Old 06-04-2005, 02:23 PM
keoni1978 is infamous around these parts
I haven’t really meet anyone from this forum except for a very few but based on what everyone is saying about Ben's character, its hard to understand why God (any God) would take away a person like Ben. A good father, husband and last but not least a real man!! Seeing the picture of his daughter in the car is probably the hardest thing because my little cousin had to go through the same thing of losing a father.

RIP Ben

Old 06-04-2005, 02:24 PM
ktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to behold
I'm sorry to hear about Ben. I've been lurking on 6speedonline for the past couple of years in thoughts of purchasing a 996 TT. Ben, lj's post have always been respectful and admirable to all forum members. My condolenses to his family as well as the passengers family. It's very sad to read the posts on 6speedonline but at the same time, it is truly respectful how many people in this community has come together to post a message or two describing their condolenses and sadness.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showt...413#post458413

Kevin

Old 06-04-2005, 02:30 PM
jro
jro is infamous around these parts
I didn't know Ben personally, always enjoyed reading his posts.
Yesterday certainly was a very sad and shocking day for me.

May God bless Ben and Cory, and give strength to each of their families.

John

Old 06-04-2005, 02:35 PM
Allan@SpeedG is infamous around these parts
My condolenses. Have been upset since hearing about this, having very close family that have passed in an accident as well.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:37 PM
kunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura aboutkunal has a spectacular aura about
As others have said many times, I did not know Ben personally. I just knew him from his posts on all topics. He seemed like a great guy, and enthusiast. R.I.P. Ben and my prayers go out to your family.

Old 06-04-2005, 02:37 PM
gt2-josh is infamous around these partsgt2-josh is infamous around these parts
I too have never met Ben but I have always enjoyed his posts. I am truly saddened by this tragedy. My thoughts and condolences to their families. RIP Ben and Cory.

Josh
2002 GT2

Old 06-04-2005, 02:53 PM
Ryousuke is infamous around these parts
Even though I'm a new member here, never talked to Ben or met him I always enjoyed reading his posts. May he rest in peace and my condolences to his family. It is truly a sad day.

Old 06-04-2005, 03:16 PM
JDN17 is infamous around these parts
I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the family and friends of both Ben Keaton and Corey Rudl.

Old 06-04-2005, 03:33 PM
3.6TT/2 = 1.8T
Kraftwerk is infamous around these partsKraftwerk is infamous around these parts
I am overwhelmed by the news, I did not get a chance to log on yesterday and just now get a chance to see what happened. As a young guy and not even a Porsche owner, I sometimes felt out of place on the forum but loved the sense of community and passion that is ever so apparent at this moment. I looked up to Ben not only because of what he owned but also because he seemed like the kind of guy that even if you were a total stranger would be willing to strike up a lengthy conversation about all things automotive. He seemed like a truly down to earth, class act guy and from what others have mentioned about his character make his online appearence a testament of his actual personality.

We can all learn a lesson from these events and I give my deepest condolences to his family, the passengers family and everyone else touched by Ben. Reading this thread got me emotional and I know the same happened with everyone else. I thought about my own driving habits and how at nearly 17 I do many things I regret and hope to whoever is up there that my parents dont get a call about me or my brother.

RIP Ben, If I had a fraction of your character, I would be a better man

Old 06-04-2005, 04:13 PM
seh1 is infamous around these parts
I have enjoyed and learned from Ben's posts; never knew him but feel very saddened.

We are all very privileged to be spending as much time as we are on this exotic but also sometimes very dangerous hobby.

Some suggestions have been fronted to show Ben's family our appreciation. Perhaps we should also involve the proper governing/sanctioning entities to make sure that the chances of this happening again are minimized. This may well be no-ones fault - a combination of split-second hesitansy on driver and flaggers part as well as an insanely fast machine piloted by an above average driver coming down the stretch at speeds rarely seen. If Ben could not then I'm sure none of us could have avoided this either, and that concerns me.

I enjoy tracks very much, and have had a couple of good scares from people entering them. Perhaps we'd do much to honor Ben by being at the forefront of minimizing this added unreasonable risk we see all the time at the entrance to so many tracks today.

We have more than enough resources - motivation, intelligence, money - you name it, to make this happen.

My thoughts go out to Ben, his passenger Corey, and all families involved...

Old 06-04-2005, 04:22 PM
mfspolo is infamous around these parts
wow i talked to him a few times about some things, always friendly and ready to help.

R.I.P

Old 06-04-2005, 04:25 PM
Proteinbeast is infamous around these parts
Such sad news. I never met either man, but ben's constant contributions to the car enthusiest community will be missed.

Rest in peace Ben and Corey.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad News about OUR ben lj, Ben Keatons.......