Sad News about OUR ben lj, Ben Keatons.......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 08:43 PM
GO 6SPEED!
DEETZ is infamous around these parts
aweful news, I could not believe it when I was told over the phone. My condolences to him and his family. I am very shocked and SAD... very sad..... He is a cool guy and is willing to let anyone sit in his car. He even offered me to take a ride in his baby. I can't believe this, God please rest his soul

Old 06-03-2005, 08:44 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by bumble996
This is so very sad. I was one of the lucky ones to go for a ride with Ben in his CGT. In fact, he made it a point to find me during the Carlsbad meet to ensure that I got a ride....that's the generous guy he was. He truly loved to drive and it showed during our quick run, something that now for sure I'll never forget. Ben was always willing to give people rides, talk cars and was an all around gentleman. This is a very sad day for our community.
same here man.. ben was great guy,, i remmebr he was looking for me when i asked a ride from he.. he was asking a bunch of peopel who barebones was, he actually even asked me if i knoew barebones...

he was a great guy.. my condolensces to his family

Old 06-03-2005, 08:47 PM
GT3Scott is infamous around these partsGT3Scott is infamous around these parts
Albeit 3000 miles away from each other, Ben and I were great friends... we went to the Fiesta Bowl a couple of years ago to see his beloved Canes take on Ohio State. Had a great time driving back to La Jolla after the game, drove all night. He kept asking me to come out, said I was one of a very few people he would let drive his CGT. More than that I was looking forward to meet his precious daughter. He will be missed.

I hope we can all do something special for his wife and daughter once the dust settles. If you think we miss him, imagine her. And his poor daughter is too young to probably ever remember her dad.

Old 06-03-2005, 08:49 PM
02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute02barebones996 has a reputation beyond repute
i just cut and pasted this from ferrarichat..

All,
I just talked to Ben's wife. She told me to inform everyone that it was Ben. Please contact me if you need more information regarding the funeral. 619-838-8897. I will be in contact with his wife. I do not know arrangments as of yet so give me a call in a couple of days.

Thanks,
Dave Bhuta

RIP BEN

Old 06-03-2005, 08:49 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
What a tragic event. You will be missed Ben, I really enjoyed the brief meetings we had and countless PM's and Emails. Godspeed to you buddy...

Old 06-03-2005, 08:51 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Thoughts, prayers and condolences. Unbelievable, what a terrible terrible tragedy.. I never met Ben, however, often exchanged with him on this board and his contributions will certainly be missed. I am just sick to my stomach that this happened, just sick................

Lou

trekkyy is infamous around these parts
I havent met Ben, but i feel like i lost a friend. This is too sad. Godspeed Ben and you and your family will be in our prayers.

So Long.......

Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
I just keep reading this and can not believe it...I am in total shock...this was one of the main contributprs to this forum, a fellow enthusiast and a person who will be dearly missed!

Old 06-03-2005, 08:53 PM
Z0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant futureZ0RR0 has a brilliant future
No f*cking way...

I never met him, but we did exchange a few pms or emails, and I always enjoyed his posts ... I always saw him as great guy ... definitely someone I'd have loved to meet up for a chat if I visited Cali ...

I just don't know what to say, he will be missed on these boards ... aaah, who cares about the forums crap, he had a wife and young kid ... this is beyond saddening ... watery eyes ... and I'm not an emotional guy ... damn.

My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family ...

I ... well ... damn ...

Old 06-03-2005, 08:53 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
I can hardy believe it. We had traded a few e-mails and were going to rent a track for a day sometime in July. Ben had recently took a trip to Thunderhill to get some practice and we discuessed the track before and after his trip.

Ben was a real down to earth class guy. I'm going to miss you Ben. God Bless.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:01 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Unbeleivable. My prayers are with him, his family and his friends. This forum and all that knew him have suffered a great loss today. I am speechless.
Luis

Old 06-03-2005, 09:02 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by 02barebones996
i just cut and pasted this from ferrarichat..

All,
I just talked to Ben's wife. She told me to inform everyone that it was Ben. Please contact me if you need more information regarding the funeral. 619-838-8897. I will be in contact with his wife. I do not know arrangments as of yet so give me a call in a couple of days.

Thanks,
Dave Bhuta

RIP BEN
I can't even imagine what it was like to make that call

Old 06-03-2005, 09:09 PM
Banned
Ferrarislave is infamous around these parts
Same here, I can't believe it. It’s the saddest thing, people say these aren’t communities just time wasting forums. We are a community though; i'm not a Porsche owner my self, but I post here regularly and often talked to Ben via pm's and via the forum. I feel as if I lost someone of my own family, today, it is truly a tragedy I still cannot believe that it was him, how could it be him in the CGT on the track. He loved it all so much it happened to quick, wish there was a way to turn back the hands of time.

Last edited by Ferrarislave; 06-03-2005 at 09:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:14 PM
vrus is infamous around these parts
I had to read this 3 or 4 times before it actually sunk in...

I still can't believe it happened...

Rest in peace Ben.

My deepest condolances to his family and the family of the passenger. What a trajedy....

Old 06-03-2005, 09:21 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
No words to really say here. God Bless and rest in peace. so very sorry for his family.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Sad News about OUR ben lj, Ben Keatons.......