6speed Technical Information forum This area is intended for members to post their technical questions that will be answered by anonymous experts posting as 411. Members may provide knowledge but sponsors are asked to not post in this forum.

Auto dip of passenger mirror when reversing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 05:36 PM
TTSEssex is infamous around these parts
Auto dip of passenger mirror when reversing

Hi all. Having trouble with getting the near side /passenger mirror dipping to see the kerb when reversing despite the function being ticked in the options under lighting and visibility.... I've tried unticking the box and restarting and then reselecting the auto dip option but it just doesn't move when in reverse... What am I doing wrong? Is it a coding issue? Is it something to do with saving personal settings with the key/ lock memory button? I've tried everything...! Well maybe not everything....

Any help/ ideas welcome...

Thank you

Old 12-14-2015, 02:19 PM
jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !jmorgan911 Is a GOD !
I think it has to be ticked on the settings, and the passenger side mirror has to be lit (ie push the button) on the drivers door console. Try that and see if it works

Old 12-18-2015, 05:19 PM
Thanks, but Ive tried that but no joy. Do you physically have to lower the mirrow and save the setting or something?

Old 12-19-2015, 09:07 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TTSEssex
Thanks, but Ive tried that but no joy. Do you physically have to lower the mirrow and save the setting or something?
For my 996 Turbo to enable the dipping of the passenger outside mirror when setting the key memory I have to have the transmission in reverse.

Old 12-25-2015, 09:54 PM
Blake Anderson is infamous around these parts
The feature is part of Driver Profiles, which I believed moved from the leather seat package to the tech package. Check the top of your touch screen. Do you have the little "person" icon just to the left of the Tesla logo? If so, you should have that feature. With your foot on the brake, shift the car into reverse and adjust the side mirrors down to your liking. Shift the car pack to park. If you have Driver Profiles, you should get a prompt to save the setting.

Old 12-29-2015, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by Blake Anderson
The feature is part of Driver Profiles, which I believed moved from the leather seat package to the tech package. Check the top of your touch screen. Do you have the little "person" icon just to the left of the Tesla logo? If so, you should have that feature. With your foot on the brake, shift the car into reverse and adjust the side mirrors down to your liking. Shift the car pack to park. If you have Driver Profiles, you should get a prompt to save the setting.
You sir are spot on and a genius! Thank you. I have Sussed it thanks to you.
Not sure about the whole tesla logo thing tho😉

Old 01-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Snowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to beholdSnowczar is a splendid one to behold
You may also have to move the mirror to where you want it to wind up and then start the saving process.