911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Do you run a front plate on your 911?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 01:42 AM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
No...

Old 12-18-2007, 02:11 PM
On Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the roughOn Pole is a jewel in the rough
No front tag on my GT3.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Pipes is infamous around these parts
You gotta love the cops...I just watched a special on HD theater about the Baha off road race where the Mexican cops were pulling over race cars and giving them tickets for speeding and not having license plates on their race cars....it's a plague!!!

Old 12-21-2007, 10:13 PM
MN911 is infamous around these parts
I have the front plate on but I don't think it looks too bad on the older 911's like mine (1985) where it is tucked in below the bumper. I might take a chance going without if I had a newer 911 where they are on the bumper itself.

Old 12-21-2007, 11:57 PM
MODFIED is infamous around these parts
Southern California has cracked down quite a bit recently on the front plate issue. Most annoyingly, they've started ticketing any car they see without a front plate at agricultural checkpoints (i.e. the checkpoint on the way back from Vegas), airports (even if you're just picking someone up at LAX), and street parking (fix-it tickets left on your windshield) - it's more than a bit annoying.

I just keep my front plate and front bracket in the trunk and say "it was about to fall off and so I had to take it off and order a new bracket"...

Old 12-26-2007, 09:50 AM
My87Targa is infamous around these parts
i ran a euro style front plate from europlates.com i chose custom lettering and just put my real tag number on it, no cops ever bothered me and here in maryland or atleast the part i live in they love to pop people for front tags

Old 06-17-2008, 10:19 PM
brain police is infamous around these parts
No front plate on either of my porsches. I had the mounting holes on the lower valance on the 1987 Targa professionally filled and the whole part repainted. You'd never even know a plate was supposed to be there. I refuse to put one on the 996tt. The fine in CT for no front plate is $75. I'll gladly pay that to avoid defacing my vehicles (I've had to once already).

Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 AM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
California wants you to have a front and rear plate on the car and issues 2 plates per car. An officer could effect a traffic stop for no front plate, and then its generally a fix-it ticket. but the stop could lead to other things that may be "happening" in the car. a Porsche just might be an attractive target for a stop if it happens to not have that front plate on it. technically putting a radar detector up on the windshield glass is also a stoppable ticket. now will all cops do that? hopefully not. but some will for certain. So I have the front plate on both my 911sc and C4S just in case. the 911sc is hard wired for a valentine on the visor. The C4S has the valentine on the glass, so ?? we'll see how that goes....

oh, the 911sc is for sale. working smog pump and new cat now installed. anticipate CA smog cert next week. just about 100% good to go, turnkey ready to drive away. 12500 obo. check out previous posts and pics. pm's ok...

Old 06-20-2008, 10:28 AM
KIka is infamous around these parts
no plate, but I keep it in the trunk, basically the story is, just finished a long drive across country, and I had the bra on the car, I have to remove the plate to put the bra on, and I haven't had time to put the plate back on, but here it is!

Old 06-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Mark S is infamous around these parts
Yep reads RABUF, spelling is correct when viewing thru rear view mirrors.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:42 PM
call-911 is infamous around these parts
I live in Orange County and don't have my front plate on. So far, so good. My father-in-law didn't have his front plate on his truck and got a ticket in Los Angeles.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:45 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
ah yes, once a Marine..... always a Marine. Figmo, we're moving on.... Take good care...jl

Old 07-06-2008, 10:25 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
The day I put a front plate on my car is the day I trade it in. I am willing to pay the ticket...add it to the list. Im pissed that I have to put plugs on my front bumper though.
.....reminds me of the time my car got broken into across the street from a police station..I went there to report it, they said thats what insurance is for...next day I got a front plate ticket. "Serve and protect"

Old 07-07-2008, 04:44 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
Maryland needs front tags but I would never drill holes in my bumper so my front tag is inside my car. If I get pulled over I will tell them it fell off.

Old 07-07-2008, 07:22 AM
sentipede is infamous around these parts
i've never run front plates on any of my cars, but have recieved several parking tickets for it. i recently ran across this that it may be a good solution for those of us that only need the plates when parked to avoid any violations when parked....

Alltec Show-N-Go Retractable License Plate Holder
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GuD__yCtko

http://www.ninosport.com/Altec-Show-...?leadsource=31

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you run a front plate on your 911?