911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Do you run a front plate on your 911?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:46 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
that looks like a good idea. will have to look into that.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:35 PM
mcfeeley1071 is infamous around these parts
I like the look of a good Euro plate on the front if tastefully done.

Old 07-19-2008, 08:35 PM
papadukes8 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Pipes
My motto is "Don't give the cops a reason to pull you over"!!! They look for any reason around here, especially if you drive an exotic...
I agree... don't need to give them a reason.

Old 07-31-2008, 01:58 PM
Vintage Racer is infamous around these partsVintage Racer is infamous around these parts
Not me. A front license plate would severely block the air coming into my oil cooler.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Marc Gelefsky is just really niceMarc Gelefsky is just really niceMarc Gelefsky is just really niceMarc Gelefsky is just really nice
My motto is "Don't give the cops a reason to pull you over"!!! They look for any reason around here, especially if you drive an exotic...
Same here, it's just NOT worth the hassle as much as I HATE THE PLATE, especially on my 996.

Old 09-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Gcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the roughGcalo is a jewel in the rough
Calif is up or down on this.

I mean that younger guys tend to get stopped more than the mature guys. Driving habits? Don't know.

It is required in CA, but present 3 cars have no front plates. They are in the trunk.

I do sell front plate holders for 355, 360, and 430 Ferrari's that fly off the shelf. For $35.00 they are a steal, and buyers keep them in the trunk. Gee, officer, I just had the car detailed and they forgot to put it back on! Takes two minutes to do.

So it's hard to say what brings about interest but usually it's driving a bit over the posted that arouses suspicion and the Oh, BTW, where's your front plate.

I believe it's also garbage to believe that a front plate captures radar! We have radar speed signs locally and they constantly show my speed w/no front plates.

Old 09-07-2008, 10:24 PM
phil_m is infamous around these parts
I haven't had a front plate on a car in the last 8 years or so. From what I've seen in CA they've been pretty lenient. Even when I've gotten pulled over for other things (which has happened a time or two ) they haven't bothered to give me an additional ticket for the front plate.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:15 AM
JCS
JCS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by phil_m
I haven't had a front plate on a car in the last 8 years or so. From what I've seen in CA they've been pretty lenient. Even when I've gotten pulled over for other things (which has happened a time or two ) they haven't bothered to give me an additional ticket for the front plate.

Well, if you DO get a ticket , take a look above at my plate mounting kit which attaches to the tow hook inlet .No holes to drill , nothing touches the bumper.

Old 09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
drestless is infamous around these parts
Hello!

I have 5 vehicles and all of them have no front plates. No issues here in OC, Riverside and LA. Those are the places where I dive my vehicles. Maybe I'm lucky.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:28 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
No front plate required here in GA. Thank god! I never put them on my car when I lived in CA anyway, but at least now it's legal here.

Old 11-04-2008, 02:10 AM
drifter12 is infamous around these parts
cool option, do you make these?

Originally Posted by JCS
I make front plate mounts which attach to the tow hook inlet.

It consists of a CNC machined aluminum bolt and a heavy duty bracket to which the plate is attached.

There are no holes to drill and it installs in a few minutes .Many have bought them to just keep in the car , for a "fix" it ticket or to pass Inspection.

The kit is $37.50 ( shipped in US ) and fits all late model 911's, Boxter's and Caymans

If interested, you can contact me at :

stumberger_r@msn.com

Old 11-11-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned
rickster is infamous around these parts
I am not sure our vintage 911's are considered exotics anymore. Hell an accord v6 could beat us out of the hole.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Pipes is infamous around these parts
I don't know what you are driving but there ain't no Accord V6 that will get me out of the hole or anywhere between 0 and 195.....I'm not driving a stocker.....maybe you need to get some more HP.

Last edited by Pipes; 11-12-2008 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:44 AM
Mr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to allMr. B is a name known to all
Virginia requires front plates but my CPO car came from a state that didn't, so there's no place to mount one. There are so many military in the DC Metro area with their cars from all over the US that you see many from states that require only a rear plate. I drive with no front plate and no one notices. I've driven past cops lots of times and they don't even look.
Mr. B

Old 11-13-2008, 03:02 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
I just had a cop do a U-TURN to pull me over for not having a front plate today. He told me I was speeding (which I was NOT) and that he would cut me a break and just give me a front plate ticket. "I didnt just pull you over for no front plate". I thanked him for his kindness, told him I have no problem with the fine and that I'll see him next time. I consider this a tax for driving a car that a PIG cant. I've witnessed many instances in life where an officer of the law was needed but was never available...instead theres always a pig hiding behind a bush ready to harass the innocent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you run a front plate on your 911?