911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Now, This is an FUGLY 911, Very Sad

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 07:19 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Now, This is an FUGLY 911, Very Sad

This is by far, the scariest 911 to ever follow me home, view at your own rist, as you have been WARNED!!!!
Sad thing is this started as a nice, pretty solid 72 (my favorite year for 911s)
Now to figure out what to do with it???

Old 07-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Vintage Racer is infamous around these partsVintage Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by racerbvd
Now to figure out what to do with it???
Convert it to a race car.

Just don't try to restore it to stock, or you'll soon be divorced (and broke).

Old 07-01-2008, 10:09 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Glad you have and not the person that started modding it.

1) Get rid of the Lambo doors.
2) Get rid of that steering wheel and gauges, paint yellow dash area black, get new vinyl dash cover. Replace gauges with 993 parts.
3) Paint and install black roll bar.
4) remove tint & stickers.
5) Throw Sub box in the garbage.
4) Install RS carpet and RS door panels. (I am sure you have some of this stuff laying around )
5) Install fiberglass front fenders
6) Pick up some widebody front and rear bumpers, 930 tail and front spoiler.
7) Sell the 15" wheels on the car and put on a set of 16" 8 and 9" fuchs. (I don't know what that white wheel is on the car, but it looks like a 7"
8) Get some 944 Turbo S/928S4 brakes.
9) Get some sort of coilovers and 930 suspension parts.
10) Pick up a couple of black 993 sport seats, black shifter and e-brake, steering column and some sort of Momo wheel. Black Alum pedals.
11) Put 2 speakers in the RS door panels and 2 in the back along with a nice in dash CD player.
Here is where it starts getting expensive:
12) Pick up a 3.6 with a 6speed from a 993 and install it in the car (get some headers and straight pipes out of the back)
13) fill in oil filler car on rear right fender/ cut out rear area so 930 decklid and spoiler can fit.
14) 993 sideview mirrors
15) 993 Cab Top (Black of course)
16) 930 rocker panels/side skirts
17) 993 door handles
18) Fuel cell
19) Lw battery
20) Install windshield
21) Paint it guards red.
22) Enjoy.

I am good at spending other peoples $ huh?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:18 AM
dferg476 is infamous around these parts
Wow, the car is bad, but what really got me was the gauges............ugh, awful.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:17 PM
neilwight is infamous around these parts
oh my!!!!!!!!
i'd put it out of its misery as fast as you can. theres more needed on that that could be economically viable. it would be easier and cheaper to buy a nice one.
theyve cut the roof off FFS and its got no engine amongst everything else thats wrong with it. even the dash is all a horror show.
whats wrong with some people

Old 07-01-2008, 03:29 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
I'm with Luis here - there's plenty of parts to make saving it justified. I see a track-rat under those gull-wing doors.

Hell, I'm sure you got it for peanuts; compared to some of the other stuff on eBay, you could probably even make some $$ on it

Old 07-01-2008, 09:55 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
I'm with Jeremy on this one, but I think the track would be the Demolition Derby. I think you have a slant-nose on LSD. good luck....

Old 07-01-2008, 10:12 PM
judgejon has a spectacular aura aboutjudgejon has a spectacular aura about
Racer,

"You need to stop focussing on getting drunk and start focussing on being drunk."

Saw that in a New Yorker cartoon a few years ago. Best, jl

Old 07-03-2008, 12:59 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
997RS is infamous around these parts
tooo bad

Old 07-03-2008, 11:43 AM
smokinxtreme has a spectacular aura aboutsmokinxtreme has a spectacular aura about
Wtf Who The Hell In There Mind Would Do This To A Freaken P-car.........

Old 07-03-2008, 08:58 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
and if you get rid of the lambo doors the hardware can be used to fix a broken screen door on your house in the future.WTF! I would love to be a fly on the wall while the genius who thought up that conversion installed it!

Old 07-05-2008, 01:47 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
The scary thing is that he is building another one
This is too solid to trash.

Old 07-05-2008, 03:16 PM
WearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearyMicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Suspension
Small Block Chevy.
Chop windsheild down to speedster height.
Buy rear humps.
No interior.
Cheap digital Gauges

???Profit???

Old 07-08-2008, 03:35 AM
tedrules is infamous around these parts
What on Earth was the guy thinking? Body seems solid from the pics though.

Old 07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Vintage Racer is infamous around these partsVintage Racer is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by judgejonathan
Racer,

"You need to stop focussing on getting drunk and start focussing on being drunk."

Saw that in a New Yorker cartoon a few years ago. Best, jl
It was just my opinion. This is the interweb and opinions are free.

Nonetheless, I'd like to read your free opinion as to exactly how one can financially completely restore this car to concours condition versus just converting it to a race car.

Nonetheless, I do enjoy a bottle of fine wine on many occasions.

And race cars do offer value. You may be familiar with the Porsche IROC cars? A '73 Carrera RS with race history? How many professional races has Porsche won? 28,000 + ?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Now, This is an FUGLY 911, Very Sad