911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Battery Suggestions for 1972 911

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Battery Suggestions for 1972 911

Looking for two batteries for my 1972 911 Targa.

Having a bit of a problem finding exact fit locally.

Any leads on best battery and price appreciated.

TIA

Old 06-13-2009, 03:28 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
You might try Patrick Motorsports... I ordered one from them a couple years back but I'm sure they still carry them, exact fit: http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/parts/25/34/5/35/1/

I've picked them up for restorations from a few other places as well so let me know if that doesn't workout and I'll see what I can dig up. They were just the first to pop into my head.

Old 06-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Great suggestion iJeremy! I ordered two of them. I wish I had known about that battery for all my other cars, of which i seem to replace the batteries every year or so..Interstate...not that great imo..especially for an abuser of batteries such as myself.

The 72 really can use the crank power and I can't wait to get them! Now I need to figure out the battery tie down as the stock ones might not work on a 5" high battery.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:48 PM
Administrator
Received these today http://www.odysseybatteries.com/battery/pc925mjt.htm and installed them! What fantastic batteries!

I had to temporarily 'build up' the battery compartments with paperback books and one in the side to 'push the battery out a bit, as I need to get new battery holders or modify the existing ones. But the quality of these batteries is really great.

Took the car out for the first drive of the season. I just love it, in many ways it's my favorite car I have now or ever had. It gets more positive attention than the GT3. Just crowds form around it..we don't see many old 911's around here..

Now the horn doesn't work probably a wire is knocked loose.

Car goes in for a once over Monday.

Thanks for the great recommendation iJeremy.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
That was quick! - Glad they worked out for you, the guys at Patrick Motorsports are great.

And I know exactly what you mean about the air cooled stuff... I've driven everything from 356's to 997gt2's to 900 hp 996tt's and there's something about the iconic 911 shape that always turns heads. I'm going to start looking for an older early 70's 911 with a 2.2 or 2.4 that you can rev the nuts off everywhere you drive, so fun!

Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

Old 06-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Administrator
I am glad I can still get so happy driving this car. I think I got two offers for the car in 10 minutes! Not for sale!

My 72 came with a 3.0 engine that I had completely torn down and rebuilt, Webers, put SSI heat exchangers..

I am making a list of things I want to do to now..

At this rate,,I might even consider washing it!