911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Gummy break pedal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 06:34 PM
nottoshabi is infamous around these parts
Gummy break pedal

My break pedal feels like I'm pressing on a balloon filled with playdo, soft at the top and hard at the bottom. If I'm driving normal speed and need to slow down its great, no problem. If I slam on the breaks it does not catch right away I have to shove my foot hard to get them to stop. They also squeal a little at slow stops. I do not know what kind of breaks are on the car I bought the car used. The calipers look stock so I'm guessing the pads are to I know the rotors are stock.

The break light did not come on. I got new tires this past weekend and the tire shop said the back have 60% and the front 40%. I do not think they need to be changed, but why is my pedal so gummy? Also the emergency break does not hold. On an incline she will roll I have to put it in gear.

I drove it pretty hard, well not right now since the breaks are giving me problems. I live in LA and there are tons of hills I love to drive on. So is this pedal softening thing normal? I know on most other cars the pedal gets softer as the pads wear off.