911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Pictures of my Gulf Blue CS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 05:55 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Pictures of my Gulf Blue CS

Attached are photos for those of you that requested them of my Gulf Blue CS.

Attached Images      
Old 08-10-2006, 06:46 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Beautiful. Did all Club Sports come with 15" fuchs? What about the Club sport sticker on the fender?

Old 08-10-2006, 07:04 PM
DHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud ofDHinkle has much to be proud of
Thanks. 16"'s were an option. I also owned a 2nd CS and it had 16"'s. The CS sticker, was European, I believe. I prefer the flying under the radar screen.

Old 08-10-2006, 07:08 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DHinkle
Thanks. 16"'s were an option. I also owned a 2nd CS and it had 16"'s. The CS sticker, was European, I believe. I prefer the flying under the radar screen.
Got it, I have seen 2 other CS's here in the US (1 was in Puerto Rico) and they both had the sticker. Do you think it was an option in the US as well or just stickers that people added later?

Old 08-10-2006, 07:13 PM
I will have to check some info that I've saved. I have not seen a US version with the stickers. The CS is amongst the rarest 911's to find. I've owned 2/28 shipped to US from 87-89. The last two cars to sell were low mileage, collection cars. Rumor has it both cars were sold between $70-80k. It's a great car, the best of the last original 911's (just my opinion).

Old 08-12-2006, 08:49 PM
996fury is infamous around these parts
mint, mint, mint!

Old 08-13-2006, 11:26 AM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Very sweet. Would definitely be one I would have in my garage if I could afford it. I see Sebring in your avitar, any chance you live in Florida? I would love to have a closer look at that CS. Good to see some milage on that odometer.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks for compliment. The CS is a great car.

I live in Tennessee. I bought the 993 RS from Barry Ellis. Barry lives in Ft. Lauderdale and races in Grand Am Cup but also races PBOC. I am planning on running the PCA event @ Daytona in October. Let me know if you're planning on coming out to the event. It should be a blast.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I am planning on becoming a member of PCA. Dont ask why I have not yet. I know my car is not quite up to snuff for track events yet. Do they let folks drop by even if they dont put their car on the track?

A buddy of mine is going to help me do the chain tensioner upgrade in a week or two. I will also be putting a dual in, dual out SSI system on with a dual muffler. I have a few squeaks up front that need some attention, new bushings are in order. Other than that the car is strong for being 23 years old.

I am really interested in getting involved with PCA events, any tips would be appreciated. My car also does not have the front spoiler or the whaletail, so high speed runs are out for now.

Michael

Old 08-14-2006, 08:54 PM
Join PCA and try a couple of DE's. If you enjoy the track time, try Porsche Driving Experience. Great instruction by pro racers (past and current) and it will make you apprecite Porsche even more. If you really want to proceed to club racing versus DE, sign up for the Panoz Race School. Again, great instruction and a real learning opportunity.

Come out to the PCA event in Daytona or a PBOC (they also offer DE's) event in Florida to observe what is going on. My guess is you'll be hooked quickly. You don't have to drive a GT3 Cup Car to have fun on the track.

Old 08-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by flatsixnut
My car also does not have the front spoiler or the whaletail, so high speed runs are out for now.

Michael
Michael,
While the tail and the front spoiler help with stability in the high mph runs, a tailess 911 can do some high speed runs very well.

Old 08-15-2006, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by LUIS95993
Michael,
While the tail and the front spoiler help with stability in the high mph runs, a tailess 911 can do some high speed runs very well.

Well I kinda already know this, but it is not that stable. I am looking into a couple dif frontends...I really like the Euro style that Performance Products sells, and adding a Carrera tail, but I really love the clean look without a tail.

I will mark my calander for Daytona.

Just curious....is there a way I can locate an old friend through PCA. His name is Jeff Myers.

Old 08-15-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by flatsixnut

Just curious....is there a way I can locate an old friend through PCA. His name is Jeff Myers.
Do you know if he is on rennlist? If so, do a search for his name. Do you know what region of PCA he would currently be in? If so, you could try and e-mail the contact for that particular region. http://www.pca.org/regions/
Good luck with your search.

Old 08-15-2006, 11:14 PM
LUVMYGT3 is infamous around these parts
ahh finally..beautiful.thanks for the pics.Also i second the porsche driving experience,but would do it before trying DEs.they teach you more of the fundamentals and get you familar with the track in a controled enviroment.the great thing was having Hurley haywood as an instructor in your passenger seat.cool.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:05 AM
JackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud of
Luis,

I'm kinda late to the party, but here's what I know about the fender decal on the U.S. Club sports...The decal (see pic attached) was standard on the U.S. cars, but it could be deleted. Some of the Euro-spec CS's has "Carrera CS" graphics on the side, very similar to a '73 RS. Many if not all these white/red CS's were delivered to Great Britain. I read somewhere that all but one of the U.K. cars were GP White with red wheel centers and side graphics. The one other one was red w/ white graphics. The Euro and U.S.-spec CS's could be ordered in any color, I believe.

Attached Images   

Last edited by JackB911; 08-19-2006 at 04:41 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pictures of my Gulf Blue CS