911 1964- to current Porsche 911, from the air-cooled days to the current 997

Opinions of a 1982 911 SC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 11:35 AM
jox
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
I'm going SC hunting this weekend - very comforting to hear you drive them the way they're supposed to.

I WISH the car in my avatar was mine - I hope to find one one day!

Old 03-21-2007, 11:43 AM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by racerbvd
The car in mine avatar in my 1983 SC cab!! Last of the SCs, first fully toppless Porsche since 1965 (the year I was born) and just plain fun to drive!!! I find that my 83 SC is much quicker than my 88 Carrera. I'm about to start freshening up my cab as I have had it in storage for a few years and really miss driving it.
Mine is an 83 as well. Great place to own a cab here in Florida. I just prefer coupes for the lines. Not to say you could not give me a Beck Spyder.

Old 03-21-2007, 11:45 AM
flatsixnut is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jox
I'm going SC hunting this weekend - very comforting to hear you drive them the way they're supposed to.

I WISH the car in my avatar was mine - I hope to find one one day!
Check on Pelican Parts and Rennlist for cars for sale. Another good place to look is with your local PCA. I found mine on eBay, but I went and looked at the car before giving an offer. Only way I would buy an eBay car is to actually put eyes on the car.

Old 03-21-2007, 12:35 PM
racerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond reputeracerbvd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flatsixnut
Mine is an 83 as well. Great place to own a cab here in Florida. I just prefer coupes for the lines. Not to say you could not give me a Beck Spyder.
My 78 is a coupe, and black, First & Last of the SCs and Black & White
Good luck on the SC hunt!!!! If I see anything, I'll pass the lead to you.

Old 03-21-2007, 03:30 PM
ZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud ofZAMIRZ has much to be proud of
Mine is an '83 as well (avatar, you can PM for pics as well if you'd like). It's a euro model so it has a few more hp and some other small stuff that's different than the US cars. They're all great, buy the latest one you can afford that is in good running order. Look and drive as many cars as you can, and once you've narrowed it down to 4 or 5, let us know the specs and we'll help you pick out your best candidate for a PPI.

-amir