924/944/951/968
Sponsored by:

New member, recent 924 owner...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:12 PM
CorsePerVita is infamous around these parts
Rewired part of the ignition system today, replaced the spark plug wires, she's running and idling like a champ!

here's the wiring that was in the ignition system... ick.

little bit of help with some better wires, ends, crimpers, and some tlc and new ignition parts.

New wires

all the parts that are going on tomorrow and some that went on today.

And last but not least, FINALLY a new tail light...

Old 10-26-2008, 11:34 PM
smj
smj is infamous around these parts
Excellent - love to see projects like this come together. Great work!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Thanks SMJ

I have even more progress

Low and behold my dad came over to wrench on the Porsche for a little while for me. Him and I haven't worked on a car together since I was a kid. Good times.

I got the new distributor rotor and cap on and we rewired some more stuff.

The brakes are going to need some parts, figured out the caliper needs some work. So I got out my airbrush and went at my emblems and cleaned up the garage. Apparently I can still airbrush quite well

Note the dirty nasty emblem.

Refinished and redone in my own blend of paint mix. Ended up being a silver metallic. I had contemplated adding in some pearl but thought "eh naw that looks fine."

Pics of the tail light finally actually installed and fixed.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Well peeps. This car is on the road! I got the brake problem figured out. The caliper had gotten stuck, I freed it up, no rust, seals are great. This car is happy as can be.

Pic of me filling it up, this car is finally on the road for the first time in TEN YEARS!!!

She is still running a bit rough, but really coming along great. Now it's just a matter of finishing the weight reduction, starting the interior and doing the aesthetic work. The rest is a cakewalk, the big stuff is finally out of the way.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:41 PM
gwapo996tt is infamous around these parts
Congrats

Nice job. Glad to see you got it on the road. Pm me the address to send the bottom latches to if you still need them. I all ready have them off.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Originally Posted by gwapo996tt
Nice job. Glad to see you got it on the road. Pm me the address to send the bottom latches to if you still need them. I all ready have them off.
you got a pm!

Old 12-26-2008, 12:32 PM
i would like to thank gwapo for the hatch locks.

I am unfortunately set back a bit on my progress. on christmas eve some ******** of a human being ran into my porsche on a hit and run, left no info, could not be identified, no witnesses. so now i'm dealt with having to replace the driver side fender, and i just got a passenger side fender. insurance is being silly and the police couldn't do much, but that's that.

i'm going to take it with a grain of salt and use this as an excuse to get another fiberglass fender, consider this another excuse to do more weight reduction and make my car even happier.

I spoke to a local body shop that deals with porsche body work specifically. super nice fellows.

It's a setback, but at least the car is now running, I just have to work out the kinks.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:18 PM
posted from another board..

Everything just changed a bit. I'm not sure if it's vandalism or something happened... but the head light is also caved in now that the snow melted.

It is now parked in a totally different place with a car cover on it now. So if it happens again i'll know it was meant for me and not a random accident or some punk teenager. My neighbor reported about a month he saw a bunch of used condoms on his back porch and on his car and near it. So perhaps we have some hoodlum son of a ***** teenage punks who are being *********.

Why though.... if it is vandalism, would you target a porsche that is being restored, and not one of the nice SHINY vehicles near it?

Fender, with the marks going DOWNWARDS, very long... almost like a bumper hit it...

headlight, caved in, scrape marks going INWARDS? WTF?

Headlight, zoomed out

Headlight from another angle

Fender from another angle. Look close, you'll see pieces of something almost like the side of a 2x4 went down the side of my car. Not like blunt hit, more like it was forced down on it by something hard. The headlight has the same odd scrape marks but at a totally different angle.

If it was vandalism there is no actual impact marks that show any sign of a baseball bat or anything of the sorts. Rubber scrapings like a bumper, but in 2 totally different spots at 2 very different angles. The car was not parked such that something would do that. Lots of foot traffic though. No clue.

(edit) sheriff buddy of mine came over, found white paint in it. Was definitely a vehicle. That rules out vandalism.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:47 PM
smj
smj is infamous around these parts
Angry Good Lord that sucks!

I absolutely hate crap like this. As if it weren't hard enough battling entropy without help from some random asshat who's either too slack-jawed to notice what they're doing, or too callous to own up to it when they do.

A year or two ago I had somebody use a brick to put some beauty marks on my 944S, and left it sitting in the smashed windshield of my 914-4. My neighbor figured it happened about the time the nearby highschool let out, given it was fine when he left to walk his dog and damaged when he came back. So infuriating...

Old 01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I hear ya man. Heads would be rolling if i caught the person in the crime.

Sorry to hear about yours. Some people have no respect for other's property!

To top it off statefarm's estimate guy gave me a load of horse **** and basically called me a liar that the damage that happened couldn't happen in a hit and run. I had to explain to the guy that the cops decided someone probably backed up ONTO my car in a truck or hit it more than once.

He finally said "Oh i never thought of that, that makes sense" or something to that effect and i got the play roundy round with statefarm again.

In the end i had to threaten to cancel my insurance and go elsewhere (We're talking a load of motorcycles, a porsche and my daily) and that got their attention. I was not a happy camper. But to basically be called a liar because it wasn't an easily distinguishable classic side swipe hit and run was asisine. I was PISSED! Took all i had to not tell the guy to shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

My actual thought is that a small truck backed into me and something dropped out of the pickup bed and onto the headlight. They probably picked up their **** and drove off. I'm not sure, I wasn't there. But it's obvious the car got hit, so i don't see how they could dispute the evidence. Idiots.

Old 01-08-2009, 01:17 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
Sorry to hear about the bad luck!
Glad to see that at least you got it running.

Old 01-08-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by InSaNeZ
Sorry to hear about the bad luck!
Glad to see that at least you got it running.
thanks man.

Got it back from the body shop, you'd never know she was hit!

Old 01-15-2009, 04:22 PM
procon is just really niceprocon is just really niceprocon is just really niceprocon is just really nice
Pleased to see another 924 back on the road, makes me miss my old girl!

BTW: I'm pelican924 over on the 924 board.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:45 PM
968inVA is infamous around these parts
Nice progress, thanks for sharing.

Old 02-11-2009, 02:34 PM
Ran some seafoam through the system, car is running a lot more smoothly... put a little in the tank as it's on 1/4 tank so it can clean out the system a bit.

weight reduction is well underway once again... this time the trunk is ready for a grind down and i can recarpet it.

Sound deadening in back.... gone. Just a matter of grinding all of it down so it's clean and i can lay carpet.

Excess crap..... gone....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New member, recent 924 owner...