Porsche expert needed 94 Turbo but need more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 11:39 AM
grp
grp is infamous around these parts
Porsche expert needed 94 Turbo but need more

Guys, I dont know exactly what I have if someone could tell me that would be kick ***

The serial is WPOAC2960RS480069

I was told it was a one of a kind color as well it does have cream/white interior

I know its a 94 Turbo but whatelse oh it has tech art seats is that original???

And finally it has 4300 miles on it What is it worth

thanks

Graham

Old 11-07-2007, 01:39 PM
ag997s is infamous around these parts
put up some pics. i will give you 5000 ameros sight unseen!

Old 11-07-2007, 01:47 PM
grp
Let me think about it.....NO but thanks....

G

Old 11-07-2007, 02:44 PM
just kidding about the offer....but seriously put up some pics and you will get more help

Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM
grp
I know you were joking....and its in storage but i definetly will the color is some pearlescent color, but not carrera white...Apparently the color is ultra rare? Anyway someone can look up the vin and give us all more insight. This car has been a garage princess her whole life...

Old 11-07-2007, 03:17 PM
I am not sure the vin tells all that much about the car except where/date about the car. it does not tell anything about the options paint etc. if it is a 94 turbo and low miles it may be worth somewhere in the 60's 70000 american dollars. but for a real evaluation you need to post pics and look at the option codes that should be on a sticker under the front hood.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:22 PM
the 069 indicates that your car was pretty early off of the assembly line....other than that you are going to need some other documentation. you could always run a carfax but that is not going to tell you much about how the car is optioned.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
cobalt94T is infamous around these parts
Maybe I can help.

As said it is the 65th car made M718 coded 1993 model vin changed to 1994. The first 266 94 turbos imported to the US were M718 coded.

Color code would help. There was no pearlescent white offered. Although 2 flachbaus were painted pearl white at a substantial cost close to $20k extra.

With the mileage you have stated and if the car is clean and has no issues all records and special order pearl white paint you could be looking at the most expensive 94 turbo on the market. Assuming your selling t.

A similar mileage car in black was sold by Ray at RPM sports cars for $98k. Assuming it is paint to sample it could be worth over $100k to the right collector.

I would like to see pics of this car please.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
grp
Car

cobalt94T, the car is ask described.....I dont have pics at the moment as its in storage but I will have in march when I plan to sell the car. THe color is pearlescent 1000 percent and original. Apparently I was told its the color from the brochure or something like that and very limited? does that make sense its white, purple, grenn, blueish very very unique. The mileage is 1000000 percent accurate. I acquired the car via a client that couldnt pay a bill so thats how I have it, Not exactly by choice. The car also has like mentioned before tech art seats, that resemble the GT3 seats Or a sparco seat. Where do i find the color code anyways?

The condition of the car as I said is very very good, there are a few marks(stone chips) on the skirts that I am going to get fixed over the winter. Thats about all i can think of

Old 12-01-2007, 04:35 AM
DougM is infamous around these parts
The color code should be on the drivers side door jamb.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by grp
cobalt94T, the car is ask described.....I dont have pics at the moment as its in storage but I will have in march when I plan to sell the car. THe color is pearlescent 1000 percent and original. Apparently I was told its the color from the brochure or something like that and very limited? does that make sense its white, purple, grenn, blueish very very unique. The mileage is 1000000 percent accurate. I acquired the car via a client that couldnt pay a bill so thats how I have it, Not exactly by choice. The car also has like mentioned before tech art seats, that resemble the GT3 seats Or a sparco seat. Where do i find the color code anyways?

The condition of the car as I said is very very good, there are a few marks(stone chips) on the skirts that I am going to get fixed over the winter. Thats about all i can think of

I need to correct my last thread. The first 288 were M718 coded there were 466 imported. This includes the 38 or so Flachbaus and 17 or so Package turbo S cars. So around 410 stock 94 turbos imported. I would say with attrition there are about 350 or so left and some have left the country too. About half the cars are painted black and a good portion in white, red, silver etc.

Porsche offered a series of Pearlescent paints, such as my Cobalt Blue, Amazon Green and a number of others. The problem with these paints were that the dealers needed a paying customer to order any special order metallic and pearlescent paint. So at over $100k in 1994 there weren't many ordered and not to many in these colors. AFAIK I have one of 2 Cobalt blue the other has 2 tone gray interior with black accents and rootwood shifter. A bit much for my tastes but to each their own. I prefer my black and Carbon Fiber interior. BTW the seats take away from originality and hurt its value. Stock untouched cars command the highest price. I would try to source a set of factory seats. I might even hold off fixing any rock chips if they aren't too bad. Paint work can hurt value but most cars have had their bumpers or rockers painted.

I don't know what color yours is and if it was a special order or paint to sample color. If it is paint to sample it could be you stepped in it as they say. Low mileage cars are very popular amongst the collectors and driving it would hurt its value. Kind of a shame.

I will say some rare colors will command higher prices than black, white etc. Combined with low mileage you could be looking at big $$.

My car has about 36k miles on it and I have been offered north of $80k. I will not sell. Although I have more mileage on my car the color seems to bring an occasional high offer.

I would check out this and compare yours. Ray gets top $$ because he has a reputation for selling top quality cars. Again these cars are not low mileage like yours and standard colors. I would be curious to know what your car sells for.

Pics and paint code please.

www.rpmsportscars.com

Last edited by cobalt94T; 12-01-2007 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by DougM
The color code should be on the drivers side door jamb.

My 928 has the paint code on the door jam my 964's have it on the inside of the trunk just above the battery under the carpet.