Official 930 picture thread!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
reaper....great shots! what an amazing project you have going on! that's one mean looking pcar!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:12 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
ps...i see a couple of 930's in the background of the pics! very nice!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 PM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your nice comments. I just cannot stop staring at the car.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Reaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant future
Dude, you're sooo lucky to have found such a great example. You'll find that even though your 996tt might be quicker in various ways, have better AC etc. there is nothing (and you know this now) that can over power that good old feel of what Porsche was all about back in the day.

Just watch out for the Mod bug...

Old 01-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Reaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant futureReaper935 has a brilliant future
Girlie: Sorry for the multiple posts, it seems the mods held my initial posts and then they all went through. Took me a minute to realize why it wasn't working initially.

All the 930's in the background are over 650hp, the white slant parked in front of my car has 740hp, GT3 seats, GT3 roll hoop and the most advanced suspension i've ever seen. The two black ones are sweet as well.

Glad you dig the Blackbird, she's got tons of real 935 parts on her including the unobtainium 19" rear e50 rim halves and magnesium wheel centers.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:18 AM
reaper....sitting in that lot, i would have thought i died and gone to heaven being surrounded by so many slant's with so much hp! lol!! and you know of course.....i'd be thrilled if you wanted to post up pics of them! =D especially the white one!

Question for you 930/935 guys....is it not a good idea to use a 930 as a DD? i travel approx 17 miles round trip to work. i would also alternate driving it with the SUV just to keep some of the milage & wear and tear down on it. but as far as maintenance, is it really going to much different than my 996 or 986? i would want to drive it a couple of times a week (even though i'd love to do more!) and i would also want to use it to do autoX once a month as well as social meets (cars/coffee), and the occasional spirited drive. i also understand that driving a 930T is much different than my 996 or 986. so i would be prepared to relearn how to handle the car. i am torn whether to sell the boxster and replace it with a 930. i don't really have room to have 3 pcars at the moment. otherwise, i'd add the 930 as an addition.

sorry for the long post...but i would truly appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

thanks guys!

Old 01-23-2009, 08:19 AM
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Reaper935
Dude, you're sooo lucky to have found such a great example. You'll find that even though your 996tt might be quicker in various ways, have better AC etc. there is nothing (and you know this now) that can over power that good old feel of what Porsche was all about back in the day.

Just watch out for the Mod bug...
Thanks! Now I just need to pick everyones brains to get the most out of her performance wise.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:45 AM
Girlie: The only thing with the 930 (and I'm not the best guy to talk about when it comes to daily driving) but they require more attention than your watercooled cars. Main thing I've gleaned is that if you get a great example, besides the routine maint. stuff they're wonderful cars, but just be sure you know the full history on the car prior to buying.

98% of the 930's out there fire up everytime, but its the kind of car where you'll need to be prepared if it doesn't fire right up. So if you have a backup DD, then I'd say go for it. Once you drive one you'll never get out of it.

Know that the A/C sucks, and is totally worthless for the most part, and everything is older, has vibrations, smells etc. I'm not sure how isolated you are in your current cars and what your level of comfort is when it comes to the raw, unbridled, flame spitting, burbling and ground shaking that a 930 will bring into your life. Its like any race horse, it requires more attention but will yield it back in spades. Keep in mind, the 930 is the toned down version of the almighty and glorious 935. Ferry wanted a 930 "RSR" but the bean counters wouldn't let him therefore the 930 got its "luxury" interior which most consider spartan by todays standards.

On a personal note, several of my father's friends have been killed in 930's (stock ones at that), and when I got into my project my father and I had a looooong talk about life and how abruptly it can end. Its all about respecting the car's abilities and knowing that no matter how much in control you think you are, when you get ****y, she'll bite you - and bite hard.

Attached Images     
Old 01-23-2009, 08:54 AM
^^really good advice. thank you so much for your honest opinion. i've heard from a few friends that it's much harder to handle/squirrely than anything i have driven. as comfortable as i am at driving at speed and at autox in the 996 and 986, i know the 930 is going to be a completely different beast out there. i would be prepared to, as i did with my current pcars, to attend driver's skills and some driver's ed days in the 930 just to become more comfortable with it.

and your advice about it being older....yes, that's something i'm really considering too. i've been spoiled with my pcars that are newer inside, no smells, etc. the only thing that seems dated in them is the tape deck in the 996. haha! i hope to have the opportunity this year to spend some more time in/around some more 930's.

thank you again for your thoughtful advice and opinion. i really appreciate it! i'm going to continue to educate myself about these cars and maybe one day, the right one will come my way.

~jody

Old 01-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by torresmd
Here is my new 930. It is a 1986 930T slantnose.
Congrats, very nice car indeed.

Old 01-23-2009, 12:52 PM
ZLP
ZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud ofZLP has much to be proud of
Here is my new 930. It is a 1986 930T slantnose. I just love this car!!
Looks great! Let the modding begin!

Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by ZLP
Looks great! Let the modding begin!
I could use your help. I would like to meet up sometime.

Old 01-23-2009, 09:58 PM
DM1
DM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond reputeDM1 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is my new 930. It is a 1986 930T slantnose. I just love this car!!
Torremd

Very nice Slantnose! Congrats!! You need to bring it out to Cars and Coffee sometime.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by DM1
Torremd

Very nice Slantnose! Congrats!! You need to bring it out to Cars and Coffee sometime.
I will do that for sure!!

Old 01-25-2009, 08:24 PM
str8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to beholdstr8-take is a splendid one to behold
A couple of pics to add, none of them are mine....Some day maybe. 3 examples of the slant nose: stock, over the top, and one that is just bad ***(he's a member here)

Attached Images    

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Official 930 picture thread!!