Fabspeed's New 1987 Factory Slantnose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Fabspeed's New 1987 Factory Slantnose

Ready for a flashback to 1987 I thought I would share with you guys the new member of the Fabspeed Family. A couple weeks ago we aquired a 1987 bone stock USA factory slantnose 930T with the help of Stephen Kasper @ Imagine Auto. We will be doing a full build-up on this car, and will keep you guys informed on the progress of our build.

Car on the lift first day we got it!

Here is a great shot of the 930S front spoiler that was painted and installed hours before our Charity Car show!

Here is a list of mods that we have completed on the car so far
Fabspeed Motorsport Zork Tube (just like 934 IMSA Style)
930S Steering wheel
934 Boost Gauge
930S Front Spoiler
Waiting for HRE 590 18" wheels to be built and shipped thanks to Ben@Wheels Boutique

We are about to remove the entire stock exhaust system to fit our new Fabspeed 930 turbo headers which have been under development the past couple months. I will have pictures of the new headers that we will be offering with or without heat.

Stay Tuned.... as I will be posting up dyno graphs before and after IMSA Zork Tube Install along with more pics of the car as we progress.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Beautiful car. Keep the BBS RS's on it!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 01:45 PM
avalon53 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Beautiful car. Keep the BBS RS's on it!!!!!!!!!
I agree keep the BBS wheels How much power are you guys planning to make after the buildup is completed?

Old 05-27-2008, 08:52 AM
BAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of lightBAD ASS TA WS6 is a glorious beacon of light
Love those cars. But I can't wait to see it on HREs!

Sounds like it's going to be an awesome ride...

Old 05-27-2008, 10:32 PM
Brian05 is infamous around these parts
Nice ride! Can you post some interior shots?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Car should be around 430hp when completed

Originally Posted by avalon53
I agree keep the BBS wheels How much power are you guys planning to make after the buildup is completed?

Old 05-28-2008, 07:14 AM
Former Vendor
Brian 05: Here's a shot I grabbed during our Charity Car Show. I will take some more pictures when the car's off the lift.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor
Thanx for all the kind words. Yesterday I threw the car on the dyno to get some stock baseline numbers. The stock car put down 261hp and 289ft/lb to the rear wheels which is very respectable for a 20 year old car....but man this thing needs more power
I unstrapped the car from the dyno and put it back on the lift to remove the stock muffler and cat. Once we removed the stock system we installed the Fabspeed Zork tube. We also replaced the muffler off the wastegate with a straight pipe. Now that we had everything installed it was time to strap the car back on the dyno for some more runs. After a couple runs on the dyno I could feel a tremendous difference of how much harder and faster the turbo spooled up. I managed to put down 289hp and 317ft/lb. I attached the dyno graph comparing the the stock and performance run.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:03 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Very nice blast from the past.

Old 05-28-2008, 07:33 PM
PHIL2 is infamous around these parts
sweet

Old 05-30-2008, 01:43 PM
Former Vendor
Here's two videos that we've made this week. The first one is an explanation regarding the exhaust on a 930T and two dyno runs with the muffler bypass/zork tube and an air intake system installed. The second video is a street demo with the same products installed.
More to come as we continue to search for more power dealing with our 930T slantnose.

Exhaust Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3bIJJ2jpng

Street Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGy8TAgF3MA

Old 05-30-2008, 06:29 PM
avalon53 is infamous around these parts
Love the sound!

Old 05-31-2008, 07:33 PM
kilodawg is infamous around these parts
I'll be following your progress quite closely

Old 06-06-2008, 05:10 PM
christianferrar is infamous around these parts
bella machina!

I want it, can you leave it outside overnight? lol

Old 06-06-2008, 05:24 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
love that sound

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fabspeed's New 1987 Factory Slantnose