My new 930

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
My new 930

I had the good fortune of finding a 1988 911 Turbo (930) with low miles (9K) and in outstanding condition. My favorite color inside and out. Truth is, I wasn't looking, but I have a standing list of cars I'd like to own and this one just appeared. I plan on keeping it bone stock (OK, I swapped the steering wheel but packed away the original for posterity) and using it as a weekend driver.
Thought you'd like to take a look.
V

Attached Images      
Old 04-16-2010, 09:42 PM
Duane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond reputeDuane996tt has a reputation beyond repute
The white rocks esp for an old school Turbo. Keep it stock. Too good to mod.

Old 04-17-2010, 07:32 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Duane996tt
The white rocks esp for an old school Turbo. Keep it stock. Too good to mod.
agreed...and congrats on the purchase

Old 04-17-2010, 08:22 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Absolutely perfect. Congrats!!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 AM
lvrs is infamous around these parts
Beautiful! Agreed, keep it stock

Old 04-17-2010, 10:53 AM
JJB
JJB is infamous around these parts
I love it!

Don't change a thing.

JJB

Old 04-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Verde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond reputeVerde has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the kind words guys. But I have to say that the mod'ed wheel is staying. However it's the only change (well, I'm also having clear bra put on the car but I don't think that counts) I'm going to make. If it's any consolation, the wheel is an OEM item from a 930S. A much thicker design that helps given that there is no assisted steering. Oh and a new set of tires featuring no flat spots. Did I mention that I think it looks great?

Old 04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
AceRothstein415 is infamous around these parts
That is beautiful, congrats on the purchase.

Old 05-06-2010, 07:49 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Nice car, I would like to add a 1989 slant nose turbo cab to my stable. I have lusted after that car forever!

Old 05-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Laguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond reputeLaguna_Dude has a reputation beyond repute
I have the same car, but an '87 with all-white wheels and 23K miles. I replaced the steering wheel with a Momo Competition (have a Prototipo as well, but it feels too small). I added stiffer torsion bars, upgraded to more modern halogen headlights and replaced the waste-gate spring to blow 1.05 bar vs. (.75 stock). Car is beyond magical now. And safer to drive at night. Enjoy your new 930! She's a beauty!!!

Old 05-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Kazozo is infamous around these parts
It looks stunning, congrats on the purchase!

Old 05-08-2010, 01:32 PM
Ah yours sounds absolutely perfect. Could you point me to the lights that you changed out? I've heard of this change and, though I won't be driving it much at night, it does seem like an important (and easily reversible) change.
I don't think I'll have the courage to change the waste gate spring now, or perhaps ever, but it sounds very appealing. Does it change the power curve or just amplify it? That is, do you sense the turbo boost coming on earlier or is the kick just greater when it does. The 'lag' or time when the turbo becomes effective is legend, fun, but most times if feels like the car is NA.
Anyway, congrats and thanks.
V.

Originally Posted by Laguna_Dude
I have the same car, but an '87 with all-white wheels and 23K miles. I replaced the steering wheel with a Momo Competition (have a Prototipo as well, but it feels too small). I added stiffer torsion bars, upgraded to more modern halogen headlights and replaced the waste-gate spring to blow 1.05 bar vs. (.75 stock). Car is beyond magical now. And safer to drive at night. Enjoy your new 930! She's a beauty!!!

Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Oh and please post some pix.
Thx

Old 05-08-2010, 01:38 PM
cakasa is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Verde
I had the good fortune of finding a 1988 911 Turbo (930) with low miles (9K) and in outstanding condition. My favorite color inside and out. Truth is, I wasn't looking, but I have a standing list of cars I'd like to own and this one just appeared. I plan on keeping it bone stock (OK, I swapped the steering wheel but packed away the original for posterity) and using it as a weekend driver.
Thought you'd like to take a look.
V
SO YOU'RE GONNA KEEP IT STOCK ......... RIGHT!
WE SHALL SEE

Old 05-09-2010, 01:11 PM

(does adding a fire extinguisher mount (with extinguisher) count as a mod?)

Originally Posted by cakasa
SO YOU'RE GONNA KEEP IT STOCK ......... RIGHT!
WE SHALL SEE

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new 930